what do you think about 22"s

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My post was directed at anyone who criticizes something that they themselves do not endorse. 24's just wouldn't fit, that's obvious, but if he or she wants to try 22's, so be it. The word performance came up again, and again I say, unless you're Dale Earnhart, it really doesn't matter. 20's don't necessarily degrade your performance. As a matter of fact, the manufacturer will only recommend what is supplied, and there are reasons for that, so your 19's are degrading your performance as well. Anyway, when it comes to rims, do what feels best to you!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:07 PM
VS#03

If you're not first............you're last

Resse Bobby
Old 01-02-2007, 11:10 PM
RIP 06 TL

theres one of them i found....i cant find the one that has the TIS 07s on it!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Peach Tea

^^oh my God. I just threw up in my mouth.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:39 PM
ridin 2's

Originally Posted by badazzTL
^^oh my God. I just threw up in my mouth.

man im sry 2 say but dat tl looks clean
Old 01-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Instructor

Agree, the TL with the aspec kit looks pretty clean.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Instructor

If riding 22's are your thing, thats cool. Just trade your TL in for a different car. I actually think the one on cardomain looks alright, but you would probably have to drive it so carefully you wouldn't enjoy it. Just my opinion.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 AM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

The ONLY reason the Car Domain pic looks OK is because of the angle the photo was taken from. Trust me, from the side it still looks more like a 4x4 off roader than it does any type of performance car. We have STILL yet to hear from any of the guys running these 22's that the fronts don't rub when they make a turn. Based on information from the online calculators paired with my own experiences with my 19's, there is not enough room inside the front wheel well to accomodate the 22's wrapped WITH 30-series tires without rubbing on "lock" turns....
Old 01-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by Dade_county_King
man im sry 2 say but dat tl looks clean
Yeah if you think ghettolicious is clean. I just don't understand how people think big ass rims look good. It reminds me of a Lil' Wayne video or something. To each his own, though.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 591 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by Godwinrb
My post was directed at anyone who criticizes something that they themselves do not endorse. 24's just wouldn't fit, that's obvious, but if he or she wants to try 22's, so be it. The word performance came up again, and again I say, unless you're Dale Earnhart, it really doesn't matter. 20's don't necessarily degrade your performance. As a matter of fact, the manufacturer will only recommend what is supplied, and there are reasons for that, so your 19's are degrading your performance as well. Anyway, when it comes to rims, do what feels best to you!
any person with a right foot and a brain can discern a huge performance change between stock wheels and 20" rims, If you cannot you need to lay off the drugs. And you dont have to be Dale E to see a substantial MPG decline. Agree that most 19's would cause some performance decreases, but nothing close to the 22's being discussed here. Donk TL! wohooooooooo
Old 01-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Intermediate

Again, judging by the few of you who critizes the question with a comparison of the picks of your choice of rims, I can understand why your taste are very conservative. None of you are racing like the fast and the furious, so none of you are experts! Dale E is however! 22's may or may not look good, but I don't think your choice looks good either, that's easy to see. If you're worried about your mpg decreasing, then you shouldn't be driving a TL in the first place, try the Toyota Prius. It get's good gas mileage. Lol!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:42 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by pohljm
any person with a right foot and a brain can discern a huge performance change between stock wheels and 20" rims, If you cannot you need to lay off the drugs. And you dont have to be Dale E to see a substantial MPG decline. Agree that most 19's would cause some performance decreases, but nothing close to the 22's being discussed here. Donk TL! wohooooooooo
U and ur fucking "Performance" problem. Should of bought a Mustang since ur so into Performance. Why u always hating, i dont think i have ever read a post of yours unless its a stock TL saying "Nice, Clean, etc." Alll you do is performance this performance that, then why did you get a TL.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:44 PM
B A N N E D

Again, judging by the few of you who critizes the question with a comparison of the picks of your choice of rims, I can understand why your taste are very conservative. None of you are racing like the fast and the furious, so none of you are experts! Dale E is however! 22's may or may not look good, but I don't think your choice looks good either, that's easy to see. If you're worried about your mpg decreasing, then you shouldn't be driving a TL in the first place, try the Toyota Prius. It get's good gas mileage. Lol!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Intermediate

22'' is too big for TL.....TL is like a classy car,it will spoil the look....
Old 01-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

I see that you cant bear to read the honest opinions of others! And I could care less about what you think about my choices, I have never asked for them. I cant figure out why if you think this look is so badass that you need to keep asking for opinions to validate it?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Suzuka Master

I am not worried about MPG, I just thought it may be a way for you to easily see the performance hit your experiencing. Who cares what you think as far as my choice in rims goes? I certainly do not, if I was that insecure I may have asked for it but I am not and therefore did not! get back to the OP's question
Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Slammed_JDM
U and ur fucking "Performance" problem. Should of bought a Mustang since ur so into Performance. Why u always hating, i dont think i have ever read a post of yours unless its a stock TL saying "Nice, Clean, etc." Alll you do is performance this performance that, then why did you get a TL.
Oh yeah...........just to set it straight I did not bring up the performance issue. It seems that one of the people whom you agree with, and that you have declared, which is so very amusing, "owns me" chose this bit of wisdom to enlighten us with.

The word performance came up again, and again I say, unless you're Dale Earnhart, it really doesn't matter. 20's don't necessarily degrade your performance.
I agree that there are possibly some lightweight 20" wheels manufactured that mounted with another highly specialized tire would not increase the unsprung weight of this vehicle, but that is not what is being discussed here, those would clearly be in the performance category. Not in the poseur category that you clearly enjoy emulating.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the wheel designs are nice for these 22's, but for me, I like to travel long distances in my car and 20+ size wheels would cause some problems. I think if you can afford to put on the dub deuces and your car and feel proud...by all means, that's what customizing is all about.

I had my TLs stock wheels chromed and people dogged me out for having chrome. I snapped back but realized that people can say what they want. I still feel like I'm ridin' clean! I plan on getting some Zenetti Five (19's) here pretty soon. Yeah, I'll lose some road comfort, but for me, I like having a nice, clean looking car that is sporty and I feel 17's and 18's are kinda small for our cars (2nd Gen) I think a 22 inch rim to where the spokes don't go all the way to the lip look pretty good. The wheels that spokes go to the edge of the tire may look too much. But from the side angle, there is nothing nicer than driving next to a car with deep lips and seeing that bling of headlights and the sun!! For those with 22's..more power to ya, just make sure you take them off when you get it serviced under warranty at the dealership. Also, upgrade to big brake kits to handle all that extra weight for stopping!

That's the beauty of this forum. We all can express what we want to say and show off what we got, that's why I spend so much time on here!!

And the word "ghetto" is used way out of context these days....I'd be curious to see how people define ghetto and how it relates to rims? I don't get the connection? Most of the folks I know who grew up in very low income neighborhoods (often referred to as ghetto's), the last thing on their mind was buying rims! I was in the airport last night and overheard these two little teenage bopper girls said their friends dragged them to a club and it was ghetto..her friend that was there to pick them up said..what do you mean? Then she said..it was a nice club until they started playing rap music and it got all ghetto.. I was like..WTF??!!?! I almost kindly stopped them to correct them..but what's the point.. They are too far gone to be saved....

For the true haters: "Let the haters hate..that's their job..is to hate!" (Katt Williams)
Old 01-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Intermediate

Very well put! Like you said, bottom line, do what you want. I think this got out of hand with the use of the word "ghetto". Some people are actually from the
"ghetto" and probably would resent the use of the word "ghetto". Just because you have big rims doesn't mean you're ghetto. Just like listening to rap doesn't mean ghetto either. Next you'll probably say dark tint is "ghetto". Just do what you do and congratulate, not hate.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:25 PM
ridin 2's

exaclty haterz get on ur job nd hate just cuz u cant ride 2's dat doesnt mean anybody else cant
Old 01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

To many "Ghetto" is rap music and 22" rims with spinners. To me that's just bad taste but the term "ghetto" used in these context is slang and although YOU may not feel it is appropriate, others do so you were right to not "correct" the ladies. Ghetto in slang has little to do with the amount of money you have but rather the WAY in which you demonstrate what you DO have. Often poorly portrayed...
Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 PM
10th Gear

well i got the rims and put them on already but dont know how to post pics if someone does show me how and i will post them on a.s.a.p Thanks!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:44 PM
10th Gear

I got the rims they are Dvinci DV50 22" by 8.5 Tire is 235/30Z/22" they dont rub and i dirint modify anything
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Peach Tea

exaclty haterz get on ur job nd hate just cuz u cant ride 2's dat doesnt mean anybody else cant
Please tell me you don't really talk or write like this.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 PM
ridin 2's

mayb i du is dere a problem huh nd i got Dvinci on my tl nd RobertT u think u funny usa JACKA@@ nd 2 bad da url gave it away
Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 AM
VS#03

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I think the wheel designs are nice for these 22's, but for me, I like to travel long distances in my car and 20+ size wheels would cause some problems. I think if you can afford to put on the dub deuces and your car and feel proud...by all means, that's what customizing is all about.

I had my TLs stock wheels chromed and people dogged me out for having chrome. I snapped back but realized that people can say what they want. I still feel like I'm ridin' clean! I plan on getting some Zenetti Five (19's) here pretty soon. Yeah, I'll lose some road comfort, but for me, I like having a nice, clean looking car that is sporty and I feel 17's and 18's are kinda small for our cars (2nd Gen) I think a 22 inch rim to where the spokes don't go all the way to the lip look pretty good. The wheels that spokes go to the edge of the tire may look too much. But from the side angle, there is nothing nicer than driving next to a car with deep lips and seeing that bling of headlights and the sun!! For those with 22's..more power to ya, just make sure you take them off when you get it serviced under warranty at the dealership. Also, upgrade to big brake kits to handle all that extra weight for stopping!

That's the beauty of this forum. We all can express what we want to say and show off what we got, that's why I spend so much time on here!!

And the word "ghetto" is used way out of context these days....I'd be curious to see how people define ghetto and how it relates to rims? I don't get the connection? Most of the folks I know who grew up in very low income neighborhoods (often referred to as ghetto's), the last thing on their mind was buying rims! I was in the airport last night and overheard these two little teenage bopper girls said their friends dragged them to a club and it was ghetto..her friend that was there to pick them up said..what do you mean? Then she said..it was a nice club until they started playing rap music and it got all ghetto.. I was like..WTF??!!?! I almost kindly stopped them to correct them..but what's the point.. They are too far gone to be saved....

For the true haters: "Let the haters hate..that's their job..is to hate!" (Katt Williams)
Thankyou my brother.........I just had a big issue with this last weeked about the same thing on the forum (2 gen photography forum 20% front windshield tint) I definitely took offense about.......if your windows are too dark that's ghetto. Yo......keep on defending what's wrong and keep on pointing it out on the threads

Kevin
Old 01-04-2007, 12:42 AM
VS#03

Originally Posted by edgrslg
well i got the rims and put them on already but dont know how to post pics if someone does show me how and i will post them on a.s.a.p Thanks!
www.photobucket.com.......that's the easiest host to post your pics.

Kevin
Old 01-04-2007, 12:47 AM
VS#03

Originally Posted by pohljm
Oh yeah...........just to set it straight I did not bring up the performance issue. It seems that one of the people whom you agree with, and that you have declared, which is so very amusing, "owns me" chose this bit of wisdom to enlighten us with.

I agree that there are possibly some lightweight 20" wheels manufactured that mounted with another highly specialized tire would not increase the unsprung weight of this vehicle, but that is not what is being discussed here, those would clearly be in the performance category. Not in the poseur category that you clearly enjoy emulating.
Be nice

Kevin
Old 01-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
i think 22's look raw on the TL

keep doin ur thang derrty
Old 01-04-2007, 02:34 AM
Instructor

nice g35, but the rims are way to big. I think wheels bigger than 19's on a TL is weird looking especially without a drop.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Not trying to be a moderator here, but I would like to continue seeing this discussion continue, but if people start calling folks names and stuff like that, the mods will lock up the thread. So with all due respect to everyone, let's stick to the topic and get the opinions from our fellow TL members to weigh in on how they feel about 22's. If you don't like 22's, state why you don't and if you do, then state that. It's all love here folks!

Love them or hate them, if big rims can fit on a vehicle, the limits will be tested!! I personally was amazed that 22's could actually fit on the 3rd Gen! I thought 20's was pushin it! I'd be curious to ride in one just to see what it was like! My pockets aren't deep enough to buy that much metal ;-)
Old 01-04-2007, 06:36 PM
VS#03

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Not trying to be a moderator here, but I would like to continue seeing this discussion continue, but if people start calling folks names and stuff like that, the mods will lock up the thread. So with all due respect to everyone, let's stick to the topic and get the opinions from our fellow TL members to weigh in on how they feel about 22's. If you don't like 22's, state why you don't and if you do, then state that. It's all love here folks!

Love them or hate them, if big rims can fit on a vehicle, the limits will be tested!! I personally was amazed that 22's could actually fit on the 3rd Gen! I thought 20's was pushin it! I'd be curious to ride in one just to see what it was like! My pockets aren't deep enough to buy that much metal ;-)
You don't feel a difference!!!!

Kevin
Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 PM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
mayb i du is dere a problem huh nd i got Dvinci on my tl nd RobertT u think u funny usa JACKA@@ nd 2 bad da url gave it away

I didn't understand a word of that. We use English on this forum, please use it so we can understand you and so you don't continue to make yourself look like an idiot. I'm not ignorant, I just say what everyone else is too nice to say, sorry.

Personally, I think 22s are way too big for this type of car. They look great on other larger cars, but its kind of like putting 19s on a Geo Metro. Its not in proportion to the car. But, your car is a way of expressing yourself, so do what you like. You are the one driving it and paying for it, so do what YOU like.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
im back

heres a lil sneak peak of my ride

that is utterly terrible you have destroyed that car...i can bet money that not one girl has actually liked the way that looks and has actually laughed at you for thinking it looks good. Maybe you should put a universal aluminum siding wing on the back with some alcheeza's mirror tints and some pep boys chrome trim. learn how to hook up a car
Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 PM
im back

one more thing judging by the reflection on your giant mirror rims, your a skinny rich white kid living in a nice gated development in south florida, talk like it
Old 01-04-2007, 09:56 PM
ridin 2's

Originally Posted by I am RobG
that is utterly terrible you have destroyed that car...i can bet money that not one girl has actually liked the way that looks and has actually laughed at you for thinking it looks good. Maybe you should put a universal aluminum siding wing on the back with some alcheeza's mirror tints and some pep boys chrome trim. learn how to hook up a car

A dont get mad cuz i can pull more girls den u can apparently ur a hater so get on ur job nd hate nd for da skinny rich white kid part u should learn a lil bout me b4 u start talkin all dat smack
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

A dont get mad cuz i can pull more girls den u can apparently ur a hater so get on ur job nd hate nd for da skinny rich white kid part u should learn a lil bout me b4 u start talkin all dat smack
The mods here should revoke your "posting" privliges for abusive penmanship. Your OBVIOUSLY trying to be a TROLL (look up the definition). If this was one of my boards, your A$$ would have been GONE a LONG time ago. Why don't you go away and leave this discussion to adults who have learned the english language and show proper respect for those others around them. UR the Hater, not us...l
Old 01-04-2007, 10:25 PM
ridin 2's

Originally Posted by ndabunka
The mods here should revoke your "posting" privliges for abusive penmanship. Your OBVIOUSLY trying to be a TROLL (look up the definition). If this was one of my boards, your A$$ would have been GONE a LONG time ago. Why don't you go away and leave this discussion to adults who have learned the english language and show proper respect for those others around them. UR the Hater, not us...l

y should i respect those who dont respect me nd my decisions
Old 01-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lol, this thread is a joke.

And 22's on a TL is a joke.

Sorry, but that looks realllyyyyyyyy bad. Should've just gone with 20's
Old 01-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Peach Tea

Originally Posted by I am RobG
one more thing judging by the reflection on your giant mirror rims