Want a tight, sport suspension. need info on Eibach Pro-Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:21 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want a tight, sport suspension. need info on Eibach Pro-Kit

I have been going through all the forums pertaining to Eibach Pro-Kit... I want to have a tight, sport suspension.... my other car is an evo mr9. i know im not gonna be able to match the awd and overall feel of that car. but when i jump in my 07 tls.. it feels like a boat....
Old 01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
I'd recommend the Eibach Pro Kit or H&R Sport springs coupled with the Progress RSB. That will significantly help reduce body sway. You may need to upgrade your tires too.

We have all the parts on our website too if you need any of them. PM or email us with questions.
The following users liked this post:
Dubjay (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Progress RSB to tighten up the rear end!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 802 Likes on 578 Posts
Since you want a stiff ride, eibach is probably the springs to go with, BUT they lower the car unevenly. The front WILL sit higher than the rear giving the reverse rake look. Which IMO is ugly. For the stiffest suspension possible, I would look into coilovers and then set the damper on full stiff.

Here is a pic of a member's car (Sharksbreath), that had Eibach springs and stock shocks before switching to coilovers.

Dubjay (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
My first ricer

Received 256 Likes on 211 Posts
I know people with Eibach's on other cars and the rear always winds up sagging, can't speak first hand on experience with TL's but I would avoid that company.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Chapter Leader (Arkansas)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
If you decide to go with the Eibach, let me share a few things from personal experiences:

1) If you start noticing a clinking noise (assuming you have ruled out bad rear struts), you can contact Eibach directly and have them send you some coil "split tubing." Acura also makes these, though they are like $7 each (Eibach sent them free of charge). I added 3 sets of split tubing to the rear of each spring and the noise was immediately gone. Jack up the car, remove tire, and place the tubing as high as you can get it (to avoid coil-on-coil contact).

2) You will probably want to plan on getting a camber kit (particularly for the rear). After lowering (even an inch), camber was pushing -2.5 to -3. Save yourself money and time, and put it on when you do the drop...and the alignment.

While I am also aware of the gap difference between the front and rear, I didn't experience it with my car (see below). As you know, there are a plethora of options for lowering a car - good luck.

Dubjay (01-22-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 PM
8th Gear

Thank you Excelerate i will look into that... Cdavis1- how long have you had your eibachs' on b4 the pic. Were they originally a lil higher in front and it eventually lowered to the 'above' hieght... if not, y sag n some cars and some not.. assuming there was no other additions to correct it.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 PM
8th Gear

oh and CD1.... what front bumber is that?that shit it is sick!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 AM
flappy paddles

Received 140 Likes on 103 Posts
Just because your suspension is stiff doesn't mean its actually improving your cars handling.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 AM
8th Gear

i understand that. But i like to be able to feel the road in respect with my car.....
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Drifting

Received 601 Likes on 449 Posts
Originally Posted by 350
I know people with Eibach's on other cars and the rear always winds up sagging, can't speak first hand on experience with TL's but I would avoid that company.
I had pro-kits on my last car and absolutely loved them. Did not have any sag issues at all. I do believe it is different for each car and model of spring they make...as well as luck of the draw.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Chapter Leader (Arkansas)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Dubjay
Thank you Excelerate i will look into that... Cdavis1- how long have you had your eibachs' on b4 the pic. Were they originally a lil higher in front and it eventually lowered to the 'above' hieght... if not, y sag n some cars and some not.. assuming there was no other additions to correct it.
They had been on a little over a year when the picture was taken. "Settling" took approximately 4 weeks for me. My commute to work is all of 3 miles, so the TL doesn't get a ton of miles during the week. They were never higher in the front. I can't explain why some have the issue and others don't. I had mine professionally installed, along with new struts and camber kit (did it all at once). The shocks were also new (factory), having been put on about a month before the springs.

oh and CD1.... what front bumber is that?that shit it is sick!
Standard front with A-Spec. Could just be the lighting.

Originally Posted by Otacon
Just because your suspension is stiff doesn't mean its actually improving your cars handling.
I agree here. There are just too many variables on this issue (e.g., new springs while running negative camber, no alignment, etc.).

i understand that. But i like to be able to feel the road in respect with my car.....
I don't know what you mean by "feel the road," but I'm happy with my set-up. With that said, you probably won't find too many on here who would recommend springs over coilovers. If cost is an issue, which I and most here understand, go with springs. As has already been noted and as you've probably found on the forums, you have a few options: Eibach, H&R, and Teins. Each has good/bad...and it all depends on your set-up (camber kits, rims, wheels, rolled fenders, spacers, offsets, etc.).
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
hahahhahah at sharksbreath!!!!!!!!!
hahahhahahah
OMG i am in tears!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'm in the same boat looking thinking about doing the eibach as well bc i didn't too much of a drop since it's the gf's car. But the rear sitting lower looks weird to me. maybe H&R sport is a better option for a more even drop.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
8th Gear

I don't know what you mean by "feel the road," but I'm happy with my set-up. With that said, you probably won't find too many on here who would recommend springs over coilovers. If cost is an issue, which I and most here understand, go with springs. As has already been noted and as you've probably found on the forums, you have a few options: Eibach, H&R, and Teins. Each has good/bad...and it all depends on your set-up (camber kits, rims, wheels, rolled fenders, spacers, offsets, etc.).
its hard for me to put my thoughts on this into words... I don't want it to feel like im on a wagon goin 60mph downa dirt road type of thing... i just feel with a tighter suspension i can feel wieght bein shifted when cornering... just a more solid feeling all around. As far as coilovers go i think i might do some more research about those. thnx.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 802 Likes on 578 Posts
Coilovers might be a better option for you. That way you aren't stuck with a drop you may not like or a ride characteristic you may not want. With coilovers you can adjust ride height as well as the softness/firmness of them (damper). But it all depends on your budget. Two great coilover brands to look into are the ISC N1 and Tein.

Last edited by The Machine; 01-23-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 PM
8th Gear

Coilovers might be a better option for you. That way you aren't stuck with a drop you may not like or a ride characteristic you may not want. With coilovers you can adjust ride height as well as the softness/firmness of them (damper). But it all depends on your budget. Two great coilover brands to look into are the ISC N1 and Tein.
thnx for the input.. i don't have much time to come on here and check things out. im a chef, so it takes up a lot of my time. i will look into those... i think my firsts investment will b a rear sway bar. i have been hearing nothing but good things about them.... i have been doing little fixes here and there to pass the time ( fixing squeaky pullies, tighting e brake, and fixing a rattle behind the two cabin lights up front)... those being fixed i need another project..
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 PM
8th Gear

im lookin also to put L.E.D. lighting in and out of my car. does anyone know of a kit or some good places to look for such installments?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 PM
KingKong_Dav

Received 83 Likes on 74 Posts
eibach springs make the rear sit lower than the front because it is FWD. even aspec suspension does it.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I've got H&R sport springs, seriously nice looking drop plus a great feel. You know that camry commercial where she says "I feel grounded to the ground" lol well the H&R sports do just that. I am actually selling mine, just saying. 516-306-7691 if you want some pictures of my stance with them on the car let me know.

Last edited by grod1321; 02-08-2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: forgot to add