Tokico blues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 04:17 PM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tokico blues...

I've searched this forum for people that own tokico blues for accords on their tl, and none of them really explained the quality of the shocks. I'd like some feedback on the tokico's! gogo! I'm really interested in these mostly because of the price difference from koni yellows.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2008, 11:13 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
what is the price on them? cuz I've seen the koni yellows for pretty cheap
Old 04-19-2008, 12:15 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
about $250 & up shipped
Old 04-19-2008, 01:43 AM
Instructor

tokico blues are like replacement shocks but they are a little more performance than the stock shocks. I think the ride is better than stock shock since i lower it on Tein S tech springs. But You cannot go wrong with Koni yellows shocks.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:55 AM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The thing thats appealing to me is that it's 290 shipped by excelerate. I'm planning on using h&r sports on them. I just want something that has a longer/unlimited shock life as compared to stock shocks while using lowering springs. Don't really need ultra performance. Plus if i were to get koni yellows I think itd be better to buy springs that can go lower, like h&r race or something like that.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:51 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
FWIW, I've had Tokico Blues on my DEL Sol for about 80,000 miles. They still feel like new. The ride is a little firmer than stock but much better overall feel. Good bang for the buck.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I'm running the Tokico HP (Blue ones) designed for the Accord. They fit pretty much perfectly had to put a washer in the front set (or so my installer said)

Running them with Comptech springs and progress RSB for suspension mods.

Ride was I think they are SMOOOTH as BUTTER!!!!!!! with my setup I got lowered about 1inch in front and 1.5 in the rear. Thing that sucks cant adjust!!!

But def. value received for price paid!

Oh yeah and I had them installed in January of 08, put 12K on them so far, and love em like the day I got em

Old 04-19-2008, 10:12 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
check out the Neuspeed Supercup kit. Koni shocks + neuspeed race springs for a reasonable price.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that seems to be a good price. i think i might have to go with tokikos. only bcuz its cheap. and pluz. i dont really want my H&R springs on my stocks. cuz here in hawaii we gotta have complete stock suspension for a safty check "equivilant to smog or emmisions" and that way i have the stock set up to go right back in insteand of busting out the springs compressor and having a longer more harder job to do.!

where can i get this?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AZ vendors - Excelerate, MrHeelToe, and possibly Aznbo.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
TOKICO HP's are designed to work with lowering springs. They are valved more aggressively than the OE shock to accomodate the lowering spring. And they are a great bang for the buck. At under $300 for the set it's a great choice; KONI Yellows do have an advantage over the TOKICO HP's in that they having damping adjustment but they are more than twice the price.

We have them in stock for $290 shipped to the cont US.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:51 PM
9th Gear

I spoke to somebody that works for tokico and they mentioned tokico shocks for TL 3gen is still in development.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
I'll chime in here breifly.

Tokico is a good replacement shock and make oems for a few other companies, including Tanabe ans SUBARU. That being said I tend to consider them more OEM replacement than a real upgrade for performance. If you need something to compliment street sprot springs these are good. But if you are looking for a more serious performance upgrade teh koni yellows are the ticket. Also the Neuspeed cup kit is a good direction also.

Marcus
Old 04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by scotterson
I've searched this forum for people that own tokico blues for accords on their tl, and none of them really explained the quality of the shocks. I'd like some feedback on the tokico's! gogo! I'm really interested in these mostly because of the price difference from koni yellows.

Thanks
I have had these shocks on my 1994 Civic for over 10 years with no issues. They are warrantied for the life of my car. Good shocks!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe

Tokico is a good replacement shock and make oems for a few other companies, including Tanabe ans SUBARU. That being said I tend to consider them more OEM replacement than a real upgrade for performance. If you need something to compliment street sprot springs these are good. But if you are looking for a more serious performance upgrade teh koni yellows are the ticket. Also the Neuspeed cup kit is a good direction also.

Marcus
When I spoke to Tanabe they told me that KYB made their shocks for their Sustec Pro setups. What setups does Tokico do for Tanabe.

Yes TOKICO HP's are designed to work with a lowering spring like the Eibach Pro Kit or TEIN S-Tech or High Tech or H&R Sports, but if you have a really aggressive spring like Skunk2 then I would also recommend the KONI Yellows. Of course they come at a higher price tag
Old 04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe

Marcus

I mistyped...Subies as well as Tanabes are using KYB. Sorry got them confused with Tokico for some odd reason.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered VTEC junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gotta vouch for the Koni yellows. Had them in my Integra. Adjustable height perches and stiffness of the shock. Ride quality is smooth. Sure they're spendier but they'll prolly outlast the Tokico blues. Tokicos are good but the not that better than stock, IMO. When I had my Integra, I went through many different shock brands(and springs) trying to find that perfect blend of ride quality and performance. I tried KYB regulars and AGX,Tokico blues,Apex full coilovers, and Ground Control. What I should have done was bought Koni yellows in the first place and be done with it. I spent more money trying out other brands than I spent on Konis. Do it right the first time!