For those who have the Smart tire TPMS...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005 | 03:31 PM
05 AM 6sp w/ Navi

For those who have the Smart tire TPMS...

I have this system and also ordered the full funtcion remote display. I was wondering if anyone has some pics of custom installs of your display and where you are putting it. Right now, mine is just resting in the small compartments right below my radio with the display resting on top of the bottom compartments door.

P$$$
Old 10-07-2005 | 09:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by P$$$
I have this system and also ordered the full funtcion remote display. I was wondering if anyone has some pics of custom installs of your display and where you are putting it. Right now, mine is just resting in the small compartments right below my radio with the display resting on top of the bottom compartments door.

P$$$
Just received mine today so it's not installed yet.

regards

frenchnew
Old 10-07-2005 | 11:34 PM
Chief

Where did you guys order this mod from??? Is it a custom mod or the one from the 05 TL? Thanks.
Old 10-08-2005 | 11:00 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TL-CrAzIe-05
Where did you guys order this mod from??? Is it a custom mod or the one from the 05 TL? Thanks.
It is an aftermarket products that applies to all cars and light duty trucks.

I ordered mine from Vulcan tire (www.vulcantire.com). The product is also sold by
Tiretrends but Vulcan has better prices for this item.

For more information, check Smartire website at www.smartire.com.

Best regards

frenchnew
Old 10-08-2005 | 02:16 PM
Chief

Originally Posted by frenchnew
It is an aftermarket products that applies to all cars and light duty trucks.

I ordered mine from Vulcan tire (www.vulcantire.com). The product is also sold by
Tiretrends but Vulcan has better prices for this item.

For more information, check Smartire website at www.smartire.com.

Best regards

frenchnew
Thanks for the info. frenchnew.
Old 10-10-2005 | 04:35 PM
05 AM 6sp w/ Navi

Thumbs up

Wow!!! I am so glad I have this system installed. I was coming home from the ASU game Sat. night doing about 80mph and my system alerted me to low tire pressure. I slowed down and pull off at the next mile street. Got out and sure enough, my tire was flat! Saved me from having it shred on the freeway and ruining my rim or loosing control. Took it to Discount this morning and found that the I had a faulty valve stem. They had me out of there by 9:30am.

I definately recommend this system to anyone interested in making their car safer to drive and saving their rims.

-P$$
Old 10-10-2005 | 09:15 PM
Chief

Wow!!! I am so glad I have this system installed. I was coming home from the ASU game Sat. night doing about 80mph and my system alerted me to low tire pressure. I slowed down and pull off at the next mile street. Got out and sure enough, my tire was flat! Saved me from having it shred on the freeway and ruining my rim or loosing control. Took it to Discount this morning and found that the I had a faulty valve stem. They had me out of there by 9:30am.

I definately recommend this system to anyone interested in making their car safer to drive and saving their rims.

-P$$
How much did you pay for the system and which one did you get? When I went to their website I saw all different things you could add or possible need. What would you recommend??? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2005 | 12:42 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TL-CrAzIe-05
How much did you pay for the system and which one did you get? When I went to their website I saw all different things you could add or possible need. What would you recommend??? Thanks.
Basically, here is what you need;

SmarTire Basic Display System 11000 $199
The Basic system Receiver has 4 lights for the 4 tires sensors and the factory preset is set @ 22PSI for the Low Pressure Alert & 18PSI for the Low Pressure Warning. This factory preset can't be change without the Optional Full Function Display.

Full Function Display 11010 $45
This Full Function Display has a LCD and this one plugs right in front of the basic receiver.

OR

Full Function Remote Display 11011 $45
This one uses a cable so it offers more flexibility in the position of the display.

From the manual;

Both of those Full Function Display adds additional features to the Basic System.
It provides digital tire pressure and temperature data for up to 20 tires positions as well as enabling warning level adjustment to suit driver needs.

SETTINGS
Cold Inflation Pressure; 10 to 76psi
Low Pressure Warning: 5 to 92psi
Pressure Deviation Alert: OFF - 2 to 20psi
High Temperature Alert: OFF - 86F to 248F
Slope: 10 to 160
Number of Tires Monitored: 20 (10 Towing Vehicle, 10 Towed Vehicle)
Units - Metric or Standard

SLOPE: The Slope is a value corresponding to the rate of pressure change due to temperature for a particular tire. This value affects the calculation to determine pressure deviation value.

So, you are looking at $244USD plus appl State Taxes and shipping.

You can download all the manuals in Adobe Acrobat format from Smartire's Website for all the details.

Best regards

frenchnew
Old 10-11-2005 | 10:42 AM
05 AM 6sp w/ Navi

Originally Posted by frenchnew
Basically, here is what you need;

SmarTire Basic Display System 11000 $199
The Basic system Receiver has 4 lights for the 4 tires sensors and the factory preset is set @ 22PSI for the Low Pressure Alert & 18PSI for the Low Pressure Warning. This factory preset can't be change without the Optional Full Function Display.

Full Function Display 11010 $45
This Full Function Display has a LCD and this one plugs right in front of the basic receiver.

OR

Full Function Remote Display 11011 $45
This one uses a cable so it offers more flexibility in the position of the display.

From the manual;

Both of those Full Function Display adds additional features to the Basic System.
It provides digital tire pressure and temperature data for up to 20 tires positions as well as enabling warning level adjustment to suit driver needs.

SETTINGS
Cold Inflation Pressure; 10 to 76psi
Low Pressure Warning: 5 to 92psi
Pressure Deviation Alert: OFF - 2 to 20psi
High Temperature Alert: OFF - 86F to 248F
Slope: 10 to 160
Number of Tires Monitored: 20 (10 Towing Vehicle, 10 Towed Vehicle)
Units - Metric or Standard

SLOPE: The Slope is a value corresponding to the rate of pressure change due to temperature for a particular tire. This value affects the calculation to determine pressure deviation value.

So, you are looking at $244USD plus appl State Taxes and shipping.

You can download all the manuals in Adobe Acrobat format from Smartire's Website for all the details.

Best regards

frenchnew
Ya, what french said. I would definately spring for the full funtion remote display. I have my low warning set at 28psi. With 40 series tires, it doesnt take long to get down to the rim if you are loosing air.
Old 08-17-2006 | 01:35 AM
Racer

P$$$
Fits perfectly in the second (bottom pocket) next to the power outlet. Need to shave the sides a little so you can fit it further back and open the power outlet normally. Looks like it was custom designed to fit there.

Know this is a late post for this thread, but it's a great place to install the SmarTire remote display.
Old 09-21-2006 | 07:40 PM
Pro

Question hey what's up do you have any pictures of it?

Originally Posted by bTwix
Fits perfectly in the second (bottom pocket) next to the power outlet. Need to shave the sides a little so you can fit it further back and open the power outlet normally. Looks like it was custom designed to fit there.

Know this is a late post for this thread, but it's a great place to install the SmarTire remote display.
hey what's up do you have any pictures of it on your car?
Old 09-22-2006 | 11:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by acura911
hey what's up do you have any pictures of it on your car?

Old 09-22-2006 | 12:26 PM
Pro

Question thank you for the pictures

Originally Posted by bTwix

i just order mine today and i will get it next week.by the way what did you put behind the unit so that it doesn't get pushed back all the way in?thanks for your help
Old 09-22-2006 | 07:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by acura911
i just order mine today and i will get it next week.by the way what did you put behind the unit so that it doesn't get pushed back all the way in?thanks for your help
It fits in there pretty snug but you can use some silicone (black) adhesive and it will keep it in place.
Old 09-27-2006 | 05:23 AM
Racer

Looks like a good system. Do you need to remove the tires to mount the sensors?
Old 09-27-2006 | 08:08 PM
Pro

yes you have to remove the tires

Originally Posted by SpecialFX
Looks like a good system. Do you need to remove the tires to mount the sensors?
yes i just did mine today and it works good.