For those who drive on Koni Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007 | 08:47 PM
Burning Brakes

For those who drive on Koni Yellow

Guys,
the koni yellow allows us to lower the height by 20 mm. Did u guys moved the spring to the lowest position on the front shocks? What about the rear? did u leave them the way the Koni has it?
When installing the shocks and springs did u guys cut the OEM bumpstops or u left them the way they were?
Thanks guys.
Tim
Old 05-01-2007 | 02:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Never trim the bump stops unless it's directed by the spring manufacturer.

Koni also doesn't recommend lowering the spring seats if you're running lowering springs. However, I lowered the front spring perches when I was on Eibach Prokit and Koni Sport. I didn't trim the bump stops.
Old 05-01-2007 | 07:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Thank u very much.
The front shocks have only 2 positions to which we can change but the rear has 3 positions.
Now, from the box, I have the fronts on the first postion looking the shock from top. The rears are on the middle position looking from top of the shock.
260 HP, u had the srpring on the fronts shocks on the second position looking from top.
How was the car looking? Was the front lower nicelly than the rear?
Also, they have the Shocks on their soft position from the box. Did u play with that one too?
I'm so sorry for asking so many questions, but as u can see I'm new to that thing.
Thanks again.
Tim.
Old 05-01-2007 | 07:52 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Well... I actually have the Koni Yellows Neuspeed Edition with additional perch locations... I wanted more flexibility in the lowering of the car... I'm running them with the Eibach Pro Kit....

I did not trim the bump stop, however, I did have to bore it... basically I had to make the openning in the bump stop larger because the Koni Shaft is larger than the OEM shocks....

Perch position... Koni basically tells you were is the OEM perch position... so I left the rear at OEM position because I wanted a 1" drop.... and in the front I lowered it 3 slots... that made the car look like it had an even drop all around.... IMHO...

As far as dampning position.... it took about a month of driving around and trying different stiffnesses... (yes... removed my rear seat about 6 times during this process... only bolted the seat at the top...and it's still like that...) I ended up with one and a three quarters (1.75) turns in the rear and one and a half (1.5) turns in the front (starting from the softest setting)... That was were I felt the car most comfortable... not too soft and not too stiff... and it handles like a dream....

Hope this helps....
Old 05-01-2007 | 11:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

The car had less than 1 finger gap in front and exactly 1 finger gap in the rear. I had the shocks at 1 full turn front and rear.
Old 05-01-2007 | 07:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rodneyc77
Well... I actually have the Koni Yellows Neuspeed Edition with additional perch locations... I wanted more flexibility in the lowering of the car... I'm running them with the Eibach Pro Kit....

I did not trim the bump stop, however, I did have to bore it... basically I had to make the openning in the bump stop larger because the Koni Shaft is larger than the OEM shocks....

Perch position... Koni basically tells you were is the OEM perch position... so I left the rear at OEM position because I wanted a 1" drop.... and in the front I lowered it 3 slots... that made the car look like it had an even drop all around.... IMHO...

As far as dampning position.... it took about a month of driving around and trying different stiffnesses... (yes... removed my rear seat about 6 times during this process... only bolted the seat at the top...and it's still like that...) I ended up with one and a three quarters (1.75) turns in the rear and one and a half (1.5) turns in the front (starting from the softest setting)... That was were I felt the car most comfortable... not too soft and not too stiff... and it handles like a dream....

Hope this helps....
Thank you very much guys for helping me out here.
My Koni is the Sport and the fronts have only 2 perch positions. The rears have 3 positions and they are in the middle position. About the Fronts now, should I lower it to get it the lowest position? Also, about the fronts, between the 1st and 2nd position there is about 0.5" difference. Is it too much?
Thanks guys again.
Tim
Old 05-01-2007 | 07:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 260 HP
The car had less than 1 finger gap in front and exactly 1 finger gap in the rear. I had the shocks at 1 full turn front and rear.
Thank you very much for replying to me back.
By 1 full turn u mean 360 degrees turn?
Tim
Old 05-02-2007 | 12:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yes, Sir.

Originally Posted by tihomirbg
Thank you very much for replying to me back.
By 1 full turn u mean 360 degrees turn?
Tim
Old 05-05-2007 | 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Just an update on my suspension upgrade. I got all the parts and the install will take place on May 14th. Is there any suggestions u can give me before the installation? Any thoughts, anything at all?
I appreciate ur help guys.
Tim.