TEIN questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
TEIN questions.

this has probably already been posted multiple times, if you could link me to the thread or just answers some questions... i would appreciate it! thanks!

What is the difference between the Tein Basic Damper and the Super Street? I think they are both coilovers and they look identical but I cant find any real differences other than the price

And hows the Tein S. Techs? im debating if i need coilovers or not or between those two i listed above. I mean i rode on springs in the past and they weren't bad, how much better are the coilovers. the price is the big difference, planning on buying some 19` rims soon trying to save some money on the drop.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/tein-sales-heeltoe-automotive-acurazines-most-popular-tein-sale-thread-312176/
Old 04-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Basics - For the customer who wants to lower the car, improve handling, and retain a relatively nice ride. Most times the ride is comparable to stock. Over certain roads a difference can be felt. This suspension makes the car feel more attached to the road.

SS - Same thing as Basics with the ability to adjust stiffness. There are 4 reasons to get the SS over the basic. 1- You have extra money to spend. 2- You are really concerned about ride, so you want to soften it up making it closer to stock. 3- You are really interested in performance, you want to be able to dial in the shocks where you feel they handle the best. 4- You want your gadgets to have more tweakability.

FLEX - FLEX are for the person who wants maximum handling with a ride that is still acceptable on the street. These have a higher spring rate than the Basic/SS. These shocks and springs are designed for a higher performance level. This also means they will ride firmer than the others. Upper pillow mounts are included, which increase responsiveness and linear feel of suspension, but also make the ride feel harsher (similar to effect of installing low profile tires). The Flex also have a unique lower bracket that facilitates changing of the damper length. This gives more height options and allows for spring preload. If maximum lowering (3"+) is your goal, the FLEX will work. These adjustments also allow for greater track tuning.

EDFC - Simply allows you to adjust the firmness of the damper from inside the car. Not always compatible with all cars and all adjustable dampers. On the TSX it works with the FLEX and not SS due to clearance issues on the car.

Another comment on SS and Basics compared to stock:
The ride on either kit is very close to stock. Because of tuned rebound rates, the handling is much improved. This combined with higher compression rates and matched coil springs, more road irregularities can be felt. This means that while the softness of the ride is scarcely different than stock, the actual road bumps and cracks can be felt a little more. Over larger bumps, the suspension will not travel as much, creating a bump in the ride, but the car returns to neutral state quickly. This provides a feeling of stability over stock suspension.

So, will you feel a difference? Yes. Will it feel firmer than stock? Yes. Will the ride quality be the same as stock? Yes.

For a more stock feeling ride, the SS allows you to tune the dampers softer giving more cushiness.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Stechs alone are great, but only half of a good suspension upgrade. We don't have one unhappy coilover customer.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Intermediate

great info... thanks alot!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Intermediate

so with all that said..... i will be purchasing my coilovers within the week... trying to get my car done by saturday with aspec kit and everything.... and especially since i hear the price of them are going up alot....

who here is riding on basics and who here is riding on super street?

people riding on basics... how do you like them? is there any sort of regret not getting the super streets? im debating if the ride quality is good... i hear it is but i want to know if you ever feel the need for the dampening on the ss.

i dont plan on using my car to whip around turns and stuff... just would like to drop it alittle for show and to keep the stock ride quality.

it seems like basics would be ok for me to go with... but i would like to hear some aziners feedbacks on what they think...

THANKS !!!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
spend the extra for the SS , being able to adjust the ride comfort from softer than stock to race track stiff- with the click turn of a simple adjuster- thats well woprth th edifferance
Basic owners would not know the world the missed unless taken for a ride in each car
Basics are set stiffer than OE, just get the SS

Trending Topics

Old 04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Check out this writing as well:

http://heeltoeauto.com/httech/YaBB.pl?num=1172765411