A-spec wheel color mistake

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-spec wheel color mistake

I need some advise for the A-spec wheels I purchased from Tim on Hondacuraworld.com. I recieved the wheels from them today but they sent me the wrong color. I was told the color is going to be Silver Sparkle but they arn't, they are the Dark Chrome/Platinum(darker color A-specs) ones.

I dont really blame them for the color mistake because the A-spec wheel colors are sooo confusing but what I want to know is if i should return them to Tim for the right color or should i go to a local Acura dealer and ask for a straight trade? Do I have to pay for shipping to ship it back to Tim if so then i probably won't. I would trade with someone here if they have the 100% NEW 06 Sparkle Silvers w/ TPMS(The lightest color for A-specs, looks like OEM 17s color) in the SF bay area. Give me your opinions. Thanks
Old 05-10-2006, 09:52 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I think you should send those mistaken ones to me..hehe... /drool....
Old 05-10-2006, 10:32 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by whatjones911
I need some advise for the A-spec wheels I purchased from Tim on Hondacuraworld.com. I recieved the wheels from them today but they sent me the wrong color. I was told the color is going to be Silver Sparkle but they arn't, they are the Dark Chrome/Platinum(darker color A-specs) ones.

I dont really blame them for the color mistake because the A-spec wheel colors are sooo confusing but what I want to know is if i should return them to Tim for the right color or should i go to a local Acura dealer and ask for a straight trade? Do I have to pay for shipping to ship it back to Tim if so then i probably won't. I would trade with someone here if they have the 100% NEW 06 Sparkle Silvers w/ TPMS(The lightest color for A-specs, looks like OEM 17s color) in the SF bay area. Give me your opinions. Thanks

I cannot even believe after you bagged that group buy thread so bad you didnt know what you were getting....oh......my.......god........
Old 05-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Shift_faster

Why don't you contact Tim? From his reputation, I'm sure he will straighten it out, w/o you having to pay for shipping.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Mofo

wasnt your mistake...why would you have to pay for it?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz

I cannot even believe after you bagged that group buy thread so bad you didnt know what you were getting....oh......my.......god........
In the thread everyone was told it was going to be Sparkle Silvers so i knew i was getting Sparkle Silvers, apparently Ray Laks Acura refered the Black Chrome ones as Sparkle Silvers.........but at least i had the balls to buy it when everyone else committed to buy and flaked in the end
Old 05-10-2006, 10:54 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

In the thread everyone was told it was going to be Sparkle Silvers so i knew i was getting Sparkle Silvers, apparently Ray Laks Acura refered the Black Chrome ones as Sparkle Silvers.........but at least i had the balls to buy it when everyone else committed to buy and flaked in the end
True Dat Brother!! They did bail out didnt they!! And I am truely sorry you didnt get what you expected....I do know how that can suck big time! (I was just ribbin' ya a bit there) Especially with a purchase of this caliber and magnitude. So you are saying you got the chrome look wheels instead of the A-spec kit wheels....in my case...I would be happier....but if it was misrepresented.....it is their deal to fix for you....and you should not be responsible for freight back if this was the case. But, I would be willing to bet he could resell em here on AZ and reship em from your house to theirs>>>just an idea?

<<---speaking of flakes....lets all have some LIFE cereal! (setting myself up here arent I....lol)
Old 05-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Burning Brakes

MichealBenz, I didn't get the Chrome Looks, I got the Black Chrome which is the one that comes with the A-spec kit. I want the Sparkle Silvers which I was told that it was the color i will be getting and this color doesn't come with the kit.

I really can't blame Tim though because the color names are confusing and easily mistaken. I should have asked for the part number to make sure. I did contact Tim through email to ask about it the exchange. I will try to call him but its hard to reach him since I live in the west coast (time difference) and cant find time

Any opinions about trading with a local Acura dealer? I dont want to go through the hassle of shipping and waiting.

Thanks for the responses guys!!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 210 Likes on 129 Posts
Ill get with Tim in the morning on this.

Tim is a good guy and if it is not the color you were expecting I know he will make it right.

So please lets not turn this into a Tim sucks thread. Give him a chance to make this right.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by trancemission
Ill get with Tim in the morning on this.

Tim is a good guy and if it is not the color you were expecting I know he will make it right.

So please lets not turn this into a Tim sucks thread. Give him a chance to make this right.
Yes Tim is definately a really good guy and i really dont blame this on him at all. And like trancemission said, this is not a hate thread on Tim. I just need advise for my situation.

Thanks trancemission!! And also thanks to you since you set up this deal with Tim. Sadly, I was the first person that purchase according to Tim. Haha
Old 05-10-2006, 11:33 PM
Burning Brakes

To clear up the confusion......the bottom right is the ones I recieved, BLACK CHROME(08W18-SEP-200E) and the top left is the ones i want, the SPARKLE SILVERS(08W18-SEP-200G)
Old 05-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 210 Likes on 129 Posts
Yes Tim is definately a really good guy and i really dont blame this on him at all. And like trancemission said, this is not a hate thread on Tim. I just need advise for my situation.

Thanks trancemission!! And also thanks to you since you set up this deal with Tim. Sadly, I was the first person that purchase according to Tim. Haha

I thank you for that my friend. I think for now you just need to get with Tim and let us know what you come up with
Old 05-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maybe it's the angle and the distance.. but those look the same. Bottom right? Top left? .. .
Old 05-11-2006, 05:48 AM
SOX FAN

How much did those run you? I am looking to get the same in the Dark Chrome/Platinum...
Old 05-11-2006, 06:58 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Personally....I see what your idea is....but my guess is your local dealer is NOT going to be interested in the slightest bit in helping you out due to the fact that you didnt buy them from them.....they are gonna send you back to Tim anyway....so I would start there. They would be likely laughing as you walked out the door stating to themselves.....dude should have got em from us (for a HUGE premium) anyway....now comes and wants us to help? I truely wouldnt see this happening....but hey....you never know.....but I would doubt it.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:18 AM
SOX FAN

Well if they do not take them back for some odd reason, I'd def be interested in buying them from you...

But I bet they will take them back and exchange...who knows tho.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:00 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by bmui1561
Well if they do not take them back for some odd reason, I'd def be interested in buying them from you...

But I bet they will take them back and exchange...who knows tho.

Oh...I am sure Tim will take care of it.....but I think his idea was to exchange them at HIS LOCAL DEALER for other rims......and what I was saying was that I dont think his local dealer in his town is incented in any way to to do so.....but if you might be interested in this set of wheels....it sure could work a problem and solution all at the same time as they could just be transferred to you instead?
Old 05-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Mofo

Aren't the darker ones (the ones he got by accident) more expensive than the rims he actually ordered? If so, the dealer might actually be interested in exchanging them?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by maluskills
Aren't the darker ones (the ones he got by accident) more expensive than the rims he actually ordered? If so, the dealer might actually be interested in exchanging them?
Yes the darker ones are more expensive. I may ask my local dealer for a trade . I only opened one of them but the other 3 wheels is still sealed.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Yes the darker ones are more expensive. I may ask my local dealer for a trade . I only opened one of them but the other 3 wheels is still sealed.
Ah....I see where you are coming from now....huh....the dealer may have incentive to work with you then....who knows? A lot would depend on if they stock the wheels to begin with or if they just special order them. Depends upon your area and the volume they do parts-wise. If they got em sitting around...I bet they would consider it anyway?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:15 AM
8th Gear

How much did you pay for those?? I want to get some of the A-Spec color ones, but have been looking for the right price?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Advanced

I want those darker wheels!!!

They look awesome!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Instructor

the chrome ones are more expensive than the sparkle silver. i bought the sparkle silver but would be happy with the black chrome for a lesser price.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Look Mean, Play Nice

Originally Posted by anthracite06TLNAV
They look awesome!
I am with everyone else. I like the darker ones better, but I guess it all depends on your exterior color. In my opinion, getting sent the more expensive wheels could be a stroke of good luck.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:31 AM
321 whp SAE

the 200G are NOT the sparkle silver. 200D is the sparkle silver
Old 05-16-2006, 12:19 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Call me crazy, but is the "Bottom Left" that's actually the "Black Chrome"? From what research I've done there are 4 sets of A-specs out there now. Not sure of the "release dates", but here's what I've found...

1) 2004 - Look like the bottom right... Satin Finished "Gunmetal"
2) 2005 - Looks like the bottom left... A Very Dark chromed finish. I have these.

2006 had 2 sets

3) Sparkle Silver - As seen in the upper right
4) Bright chrome - a brighter version of the lower left.

Are you sure you wanted Dark Chrome?
Any of this incorrect?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
the 200G are NOT the sparkle silver. 200D is the sparkle silver
The 200G and the 200D both are Sparkle Silvers but the 200G are the ones with TPMS.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:32 AM
321 whp SAE

gotya
Old 05-24-2006, 10:54 AM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Call me crazy, but is the "Bottom Left" that's actually the "Black Chrome"? From what research I've done there are 4 sets of A-specs out there now. Not sure of the "release dates", but here's what I've found...

1) 2004 - Look like the bottom right... Satin Finished "Gunmetal"
2) 2005 - Looks like the bottom left... A Very Dark chromed finish. I have these.

2006 had 2 sets

3) Sparkle Silver - As seen in the upper right
4) Bright chrome - a brighter version of the lower left.

Are you sure you wanted Dark Chrome?
Any of this incorrect?
do you have a part number for the brighter chrome? where did you find out about this? i thought there was only the darker chrome. any pics?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:26 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Ed,
I can't keep up with the PN's... but here's a picture of the bright chrome A-Specs... They we're sold in the "Black Market" Last week:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=a-spec

Old 05-24-2006, 03:25 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Ed,
I can't keep up with the PN's... but here's a picture of the bright chrome A-Specs... They we're sold in the "Black Market" Last week:

i seen them and i bid on them on ebay, didnt win. i thought they looked MUCH brighter than any ive seen before but he gave me the same part number as the dark chrome. my guess either he got them rechromed or those are just a good bright pic of the dark chrome rims.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:07 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by edsonfire
i seen them and i bid on them on ebay, didnt win. i thought they looked MUCH brighter than any ive seen before but he gave me the same part number as the dark chrome. my guess either he got them rechromed or those are just a good bright pic of the dark chrome rims.
I have heard of this bright chrome and black chrome....personally....those look just like mine? I think they are one in the same and people just intermix the names....cause they all look the same...

Part # 08W18-SEP-200C
Old 05-24-2006, 04:28 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

I have heard of this bright chrome and black chrome....personally....those look just like mine? I think they are one in the same and people just intermix the names....cause they all look the same...

Part # 08W18-SEP-200C
Nope...
I have the black chrome... I believe it's called "Dark Chrome". You can see it in the bottom left of this picture. It very closely resembles the "black chroming" process many folks here have done to thier emblems.

Old 05-24-2006, 05:06 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Nope...
I have the black chrome... I believe it's called "Dark Chrome". You can see it in the bottom left of this picture. It very closely resembles the "black chroming" process many folks here have done to thier emblems.

so if u have the dark chrome, can u show me the bright chrome. two different chrome wheels should have two different part numbers. ive exhausted my resources and can only find a 'dark chrome' wheel with part number 200c. let me know if you can find any different.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:07 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

Part # 08W18-SEP-200C
im pretty much goin with what you said, people just interchange the name depending on how the light is hitting it. do u have better/higher resolution pics of your car with the rims?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:37 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

It appears I have the 200C chrome rims. Here's the post I bought them from:

These rims clearly have a darker, almost gunmetal chrome finish.

I can tell from the photos they are darker than the ones listed above...
Not sure of the PN for those, or if they we're custom chromed.

Here's the comparison shot that tells me there's a "bright chrome" rim out there...

Old 05-24-2006, 05:53 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

holy crap! the bright chrome makes the darker ones not even look like chrome! anyways, look what i found....
http://www.acuraparts247.com/special...formance+parts

its true, there lives 2 different acura chromes!
i want to know the part number of the bright ones.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:03 PM
05' WDP A-SPEC

any thoughts on this... it has the dark listed 200B and the bright listed 200C. i thought you said your are dark and are 200C?

Product SKU# Description Remove Quantity Unit Price Discount Total Price
08W18-SEP-200C TL Wheel bright chrome $348.75 $348.75
08W18-SEP-200B TL Wheel dark chrome $345.00 $345.00
Old 05-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

the Chrome a-spec wheel part numbers are:
08W18-SEP-200C
08W18-SEP-200F (with TPMS)
Old 05-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Kennedy, the wheels you bought are the same as mine. They are not 08W18-SEP-200C, they are 08W18-SEP-200B.

Quick Reply: A-spec wheel color mistake