A-Spec Suspension Kit. Going, going...gone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Registered Bike Offender

Received 843 Likes on 625 Posts
I got the kit with ASM sides and just had them painted. It looks fantastic. Don't give up! It's already expensive, what's another few hundred bucks lol.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Vlad_Type_S
I got the kit with ASM sides and just had them painted. It looks fantastic. Don't give up! It's already expensive, what's another few hundred bucks lol.
Honestly these things get really expensive when they become unobtainium. "Costs more than you want" is a better option than "sorry, don't have it."

Speaking of which...sold another suspension kit. Only have TWO left now.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
Didn't realize the post was asking for feedback as I took it to be an advertisement of a specific product. Can't believe the nerve of some people. They all had the opportunity to purchase a set or even the units remaining, they didn't, now they complain about the price that a business has placed on the product and/or shipping.

Personally, after some of the remarks on here, I'd raise the price and put it to sleep, but I realize that with a business one needs to bite their tongue. Actually yours must be bitten nearly through after reading some of the replies.

Got to love the one "I really wanted this kit, now he has the only place to buy it". They've been out for how long, 11 years, now he wants one and doesn't like the price, ridiculous.

Hope you sell the two remaining quickly so I don't need to read any more negative replies.

I just shake my head and can't believe the gall of some people.
The following 3 users liked this post by Turbonut:
EvilVirus (10-10-2015), MrHeeltoe (10-06-2015), thoiboi (10-12-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

My tongue was getting pretty sore, but it got better when we realized more people buying the kit were not from the forum and did not take advantage of forum discounts.

I now have only one set left. Price is still the same as we have had it for years.

I am sure there are more kits out there in the country getting dusty in dealership basements somewhere. We wish the best of luck in finding a deal like this to whoever does not get our last set.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Last set taken. By me.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Congrats to heeltoe for selling all the sets, and congrats to Rex for scooping up the last set!
Old 10-08-2015, 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rexflexall
Last set taken. By me.
No you got the second to last I think. I have one left.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Marcus, in response to all the BS in this thread, you'd really make my day if you NOW marked that last one the hell up to a ridiculous price for kicks. $2500 for ultra rare last set known to man on earth if you want it, sell an appendage!

Teach em all a lesson
Old 10-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Haha, honestly, I considered it. But...I figured the best way to avoid fire was not to arm my opponents.
The following 3 users liked this post by MrHeeltoe:
rockstar143 (10-09-2015), TacoBello (10-08-2015), thoiboi (10-12-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
This thread cracks me up.

Even at the regular price I still may have to sell an appendage, become a medical guinea pig for some new toothpaste, or make a 'donation' at a local 'bank'....LOL
Old 10-09-2015, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by rexflexall
This thread cracks me up.

Even at the regular price I still may have to sell an appendage, become a medical guinea pig for some new toothpaste, or make a 'donation' at a local 'bank'....LOL
you're at capacity, rex...8 skeet donations a day is the absolute max. they're not stupid, they know that the last few you're adding water
Old 10-09-2015, 09:27 AM

Marcus... $900? C'monnnnn...play along!

Seriously though, y'all slackers better jump on that last one...the people buying these want the performance without lowering or sacrificing ride quality so the chances they'll end up for sale used on the blackmarket or anywhere else is slim to none.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:55 PM
contemplating future mods

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts
Maybe I'll buy the last set up… In a couple years I'll sell it and make a profit!!!

Marcus... Thank you for your continued support for our community
Old 10-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts
You guys are aware that this scarcity thing is about as true as stock market speculation? Acuraparts sells this exact kit for a full 100$ less and they have more than 25 in stock? Just called them up and they said because their inventory indicates more than 25, they cannot tell me the exact number.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Originally Posted by polish_pat
You guys are aware that this scarcity thing is about as true as stock market speculation? Acuraparts sells this exact kit for a full 100$ less and they have more than 25 in stock? Just called them up and they said because their inventory indicates more than 25, they cannot tell me the exact number.

Old 10-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
So you mean that me buying 8 sets, with the intent to sell in the future for huge profit was a bad investment?

Well, I gotta go tell the wife no christmas or birthday presents this year. We broke.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TacoBello
So you mean that me buying 8 sets, with the intent to sell in the future for huge profit was a bad investment?

Well, I gotta go tell the wife no christmas or birthday presents this year. We broke.
Send me one taco, I'll send you $34.50

play paypal fees of course because I'm a cool dude.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Racer

I'm just pointing out to those that care how trustworthy a person can be when money is involved...especially when they try to convince people of a non existent problem. Nobody sells to lose money, its always for profit and there is nothing wrong with that, but lying in the goal of profit, that's called a scam where i'm from. Too bad honesty is not a core value for some...
Old 10-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator

I'm just pointing out to those that care how trustworthy a person can be when money is involved...especially when they try to convince people of a non existent problem. Nobody sells to lose money, its always for profit and there is nothing wrong with that, but lying in the goal of profit, that's called a scam where i'm from. Too bad honesty is not a core value for some...
Nowhere is Marcus 'lying' or 'scamming' anyone. He was doing us all a favor and grabbing inventory and helping out the AZ community. You're new here, so I'll forgive you but please stop spewing out lies of 'scams' and spreading rumors.. You're welcome to buy it elsewhere. And Marcus is welcome to charge whatever he damn pleases. Although he hasn't ever changed his prices.. and even mentions that there may be more elsewhere:
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
I now have only one set left. Price is still the same as we have had it for years.

I am sure there are more kits out there in the country getting dusty in dealership basements somewhere. We wish the best of luck in finding a deal like this to whoever does not get our last set.

It's too bad reading comprehension isn't a core value for some...
Old 10-12-2015, 02:10 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Nowhere is Marcus 'lying' or 'scamming' anyone. He was doing us all a favor and grabbing inventory and helping out the AZ community. You're new here, so I'll forgive you but please stop spewing out lies of 'scams' and spreading rumors.. You're welcome to buy it elsewhere. And Marcus is welcome to charge whatever he damn pleases. Although he hasn't ever changed his prices.. and even mentions that there may be more elsewhere:

It's too bad reading comprehension isn't a core value for some...
How is creating a false scarcity of "were buying the last few units so we can keep them for our community" when AcuraParts has over 25 in stock, and with a simple search you can find 6 other sites, just on Page 1 of results, that also have it in stock, and ALL THE SITES have the kit for between 30 to 120$ less. Please explain to me how being "new" (which i'm not because almost 3 years is not considered as new, the difference is I don't live here) has anything to do with the fact that I shop around before buying and sometimes find that one seller is WAYYYYYYY above his head, and finding that seller make up stories to push sales on a website that I come to on a regular basis, where I can also voice my opinion to advise other potential buyers.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor

How is creating a false scarcity of "were buying the last few units so we can keep them for our community" when AcuraParts has over 25 in stock, and with a simple search you can find 6 other sites, just on Page 1 of results, that also have it in stock, and ALL THE SITES have the kit for between 30 to 120$ less. Please explain to me how being "new" (which i'm not because almost 3 years is not considered as new, the difference is I don't live here) has anything to do with the fact that I shop around before buying and sometimes find that one seller is WAYYYYYYY above his head, and finding that seller make up stories to push sales on a website that I come to on a regular basis, where I can also voice my opinion to advise other potential buyers.
We are not creating false scarcity. I never said that dealers all ran out of these kits. I only said that Honda ran out of them, and they we would not be able to get any more. Indeed I DID say there are likely to be others with kits and you might be able to find some somewhere. OTHER people cited calling dealers and mentioning they were out of stock.

If "Acuraparts" (not sure which dealer or site you are actually referring to there) says they have "over 25" but cannot give an actual number, my eyebrows are raised. Or are you talking about "Acura" and not a dealer? Dealerships have sophisticated enterprise systems that tell them what they have.

We understand many people shop around and our site is not for everyone. It is for people who like to shop with the best in the business. I am not above my head in saying so. We put in 100% effort into every sale we get. We don't lie, manipulate, or make false claims of inventory (you really MUST make phone calls or emails to verify stock these days...many people say "in stock" and are flat out lying). If something we say ends up being untrue, it was an honest mistake and not something intentional (company run by human beings, here).

You may find a cheaper price on that-or-that...but you won't find a better deal anywhere than with Heeltoeauto.com.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Racer

We are not creating false scarcity. I never said that dealers all ran out of these kits. I only said that Honda ran out of them, and they we would not be able to get any more. Indeed I DID say there are likely to be others with kits and you might be able to find some somewhere. OTHER people cited calling dealers and mentioning they were out of stock.

If "Acuraparts" (not sure which dealer or site you are actually referring to there) says they have "over 25" but cannot give an actual number, my eyebrows are raised. Or are you talking about "Acura" and not a dealer? Dealerships have sophisticated enterprise systems that tell them what they have.

We understand many people shop around and our site is not for everyone. It is for people who like to shop with the best in the business. I am not above my head in saying so. We put in 100% effort into every sale we get. We don't lie, manipulate, or make false claims of inventory (you really MUST make phone calls or emails to verify stock these days...many people say "in stock" and are flat out lying). If something we say ends up being untrue, it was an honest mistake and not something intentional (company run by human beings, here).

You may find a cheaper price on that-or-that...but you won't find a better deal anywhere than with Heeltoeauto.com.
It's OEMAcuraParts.com. And he said he cannot give me more precise of a number because once his system reaches a stock level of over 25 on certain items, all he sees is a 25+. Besides, he is not the only one, because a simple search for the part number shows 5 other sites that also stock the kit, and thats just of page 1 of results.

My problem was not your price, you're more expensive, fine, everybody needs to make a living. But no where do you mention Honda, or dealer, you just say "we learned that these kits were just a couple pieces away from extinction so we snapped up everything we could." and "But, the supply has come to the end of the line!". I don't know how you see it, but I don't see this any other way than you sounding an alarm for nothing much really, because this item is really not hard to find, at all. You're like the FoxNews of part dealers. Anyways, I hope you understood my point, as being a buying looking for this exact kit, i have stumbled across your post while shopping, if you were my first hit in my research, maybe i'd believe you, but since you were one of the last dealers i've visited, knowing I had no trouble finding other merchants with the kit and that you were by a hefty margin the most expensive, your claims felt like just a publicity stunt to pocket more money.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you, but take this just as feedback from a buyer to a seller.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:18 PM

Well, he's down to only 1 kit, so the motivation seemed to have worked. It's a technicality but if you didn't call Honda directly to see if THEY (as the manufacturer) had any left...his original claim that the are the last available is still accurate. If other dealerships (oemacuraparts is acura of peoria iirc, there's also delray acura that's big) have them, that's out of his control and he even kinda alluded to that in the early posts.

Anyway...
Old 10-12-2015, 11:22 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
Im a bit skeptical that any dealer has 25+...might want to double check and have them visually go see if the stock is there. I'd love to be proved wrong though, seriously.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by paperboy42190
Im a bit skeptical that any dealer has 25+...might want to double check and have them visually go see if the stock is there. I'd love to be proved wrong though, seriously.
That dealer is not a reseller, it's Acura Delray. And from what I understand, their stock doesn't just mean what they have in their back store, it also what Honda does. When you checkout with the kit, you get a notification to chose a dealership for delivery because the part comes from Honda, and for some reason they don't ship to consumers.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:46 AM

well, you said you understand that he has to make a profit...
and are for some reason, willing to listen to some guy on the phone stating there are over 25 in stock somewhere possibly maybe but for sure...but not willing to trust that Marcus might have had a direct line and might know there really aren't that many in inventory.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rockstar143
well, you said you understand that he has to make a profit...
and are for some reason, willing to listen to some guy on the phone stating there are over 25 in stock somewhere possibly maybe but for sure...but not willing to trust that Marcus might have had a direct line and might know there really aren't that many in inventory.
Rather listen to an old fart in front of a computer that works for Acura and has no reason to give me wrong information then another one that tosses around sensationalist claims for personal gain. Plus, if you had to chose between the word of a guy that gets the goods directly from manufacturer or a guy that gets it from a guy that knows a guy that told him some guy has the last units in the world because some guy told him the same thing but the first guy in question is actually some guy that might of heard something about some guy running low on stock somewhere somehow and as in the pure tradition of the telephone, it started as ABCDEFG and ended with B4@sx9-=

Now that we're here, you should thank me. I just showed you how to get a refill in stock and make 100$ profit per unit. I'm sure your margins are actually better than buy from the guy's guy's guy's guy's guy
Old 10-13-2015, 01:09 PM
Former Sponsor

It sounds like are giving dealerships too much credit and not giving Heeltoe enough credit. Heeltoe's presence on AZ does predate yours by about as much my oldest son's age, and my industry experience (yes, including multiple parts-counter jobs at Honda dealers) goes back before the turn of the century. You might not know Heeltoe's m.o.--- we are certainly professional and aren't dealing in some back-door, grey market deals, and we are not speaking or acting on the word of someone without valid information. So please, try not to belittle someone you know very little about and likely haven't done business with before.

I contacted Acura (again) and confirmed this kit is discontinued. I cannot get any more from Acura (of North America) and neither can anyone else. I still have this one lone kit here (after just talking a customer on the phone out of buying it and suggesting Koni yellows instead, as will better fit his needs).

I would not be surprised if Delray has some in stock, but I am surprised that they couldn't report an actual qty on hand. 25 sounds a but optimistic, but whatever. I am not interested in buying anything from them, and they are probably not interested in selling to me.

PS: Dealers ARE resellers. They have franchised deals with the factory to buy at distributor pricing and resell nationally. You understand incorrectly about how the inventory systems work as well. Our intel indicates AHM is out of these kits, as we bought the last 8. We also have knowledge of how Delray's shopping cart works. It seems as though you are interpolating a bit farther than you are qualified to.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Last point....,

"I can buy it on their site" or "this site says they have it in stock" is NOT the same as "this place has them in stock" and "the part is not discontinued."

It takes time to update websites sometimes...so you really need to call to verify, no matter what. We find MANY online vendors and dealers literally LYING about inventory levels very frequently. It's pretty sad...but they know that customers will see "in stock" and place that order. Then good luck getting your money back! Check for BBB complaints people!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:55 PM

Marcus...he said you need to thank him!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh, sorry. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (10-13-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 05:11 PM
Racer

I might not have a lot of experience dealing with Delrays site, but I took the time to call them before throwing any assumptions out here. Also, it doesn't take a specialist to know what discontinued means. It simply means that there will be no more units being factory produced, it doesn't mean the general halt in sales. And let's not get too technical on the terms here, we all know what i meant when I didn't consider Acura a reseller, and technically, they aren't.

A reseller re-sells stock from many different channels, dealers, suppliers, manufacturers and other resellers. Honda of America is the manufacturer, and they don't deal with consumers, therefor, Acura is a distributor, or dealer, and thats why they are called dealerships. A reseller to me is a little business like yours that buys stock in quantity and resells directly to the consumer. A distributor/dealer often has a close relationship directly with the manufacturer, they often carry a wide inventory and have easy access to an even wider inventory, they carry more specific items and spare parts and they rely mostly on a single source of supply, they are also often the first source of supply for resellers as they have a much more dependable source of supply. A reseller, as far youre concerned, you can get your stock from an eBay seller as much as an Acura dealer or some single person that has what you need. Your purchase prices fluctuate from source to source, your supply is limited and not guaranteed, and your stock varies as until depletion. Scarce supply for you doesn't mean its a general state. As far as I know, if 50 people from this forum wanted this kit today, we could all find the stock without too much difficulty.

I might not know the inside and outs of the reseller business, but I have passed my business major with flying colors and remember enough from my classes to have credibility.

Last point....,

"I can buy it on their site" or "this site says they have it in stock" is NOT the same as "this place has them in stock" and "the part is not discontinued."
Once again, they don't have to have the item in stock as they, as a distributor and dealer, have access to the motherships inventory as well...another difference between a dealer and reseller. And discontinued or not, they will keep carrying the part until all stock from the head of the supply chain is depleted.

FYI, i checked a few resellers and called them up, here is what I found, in case you want to make another stock purchase:

Hondapartsunlimited: stock level not available, but guy was able to place virtual order for 5 units and system told him the order was approved
Hondapartline: 3 in stock
sonsacura: more than 25 available
Bernardi: out of stock, next shipment available in 3-5 days, no word on quantity
acurapartswarehouse: 7 available
Local acura dealer in Canada (called 2 of them): they both told me the part is available for purchase, delivered to dealership 24-48 hours after order is placed.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Senior Moderator

That's a pretty long post to say "You're welcome"...

Old 10-13-2015, 05:20 PM

Now it's an ego thing...he's just trying to prove his point. Again.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Now it's an ego thing...he's just trying to prove his point. Again.
Of course. No just prove my point, but school a few people in the process.

You're welcome
Old 10-13-2015, 10:14 PM
Life Connoisseur

Received 131 Likes on 96 Posts
We find MANY online vendors and dealers literally LYING about inventory levels very frequently. It's pretty sad...but they know that customers will see "in stock" and place that order.
Are you describing your website for ATLP j-pipes that aren't in stock, yet the customer assumes they are and places an order?

On a side note, since you've apparently sold all of your stock, how about the mods lock this one up? I believe it's served it's purpose you supposedly intended in the OP.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MonkeyTrucker
Are you describing your website for ATLP j-pipes that aren't in stock, yet the customer assumes they are and places an order?

On a side note, since you've apparently sold all of your stock, how about the mods lock this one up? I believe it's served it's purpose you supposedly intended in the OP.
Ha, he can talk the talk, throw competition under the bus, but hes no better. Anyways, I have NEVER been in the situation where the website lists in stock and it isnt and im told only after order...and yet he makes it seem as if its a common problem we should all worry about. I can tell you one thing, you're lucky some of your client defend you blindly, no matter how long you've been here, or sold items to members, its always about the money, nobody should forget that some people do what it takes to increase the income, but sooner or later, a smart ass shows up and smells the BS oven baking a huge BS pie and no matter how hard some try to explain themselves, the smell will stay.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts
I might be crazy and opening Pandora's box, but as an Acura dealership that has been mentioned in this thread let me clear a few things up.
We do not have the 08W60-SEP-201B in stock and it is discontinued with none left from Honda. I did a national dealership check and 2 dealerships in the country still show available inventory. How many, I do not know.
When Honda has a limited supply of a product and they intend to discontinue the part, they rarely let a dealership purchase large amounts. If a dealership attempts to buy a large portion of the remaining inventory in 1 purchase, the order is placed on hold. I have had this happen.
As for dealership websites: We base our information on the Honda catalog updates. If a part is available when we update our site, it will show as available even if Honda discontinues the part and we run out of stock. It will stay this way until we do another catalog update. If a part becomes discontinued and we receive an order, we void the credit card charge, notify the customer and cancel the order or item. Unfortunately it happens.
The following 10 users liked this post by PJ-Delray Acura:
6spd-GERCO (10-15-2015), EvilVirus (12-15-2015), Majofo (10-14-2015), MrHeeltoe (10-14-2015), polish_pat (10-14-2015), polobunny (10-14-2015), rockstar143 (10-14-2015), Slpr04UA6 (10-14-2015), TacoBello (10-14-2015), thoiboi (01-28-2016) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-14-2015, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks for chiming in, PJ
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (10-14-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts

And
The following 3 users liked this post by ggesq:
EvilVirus (12-15-2015), MrHeeltoe (10-14-2015), rockstar143 (10-14-2015)