Rims and Tires arrived today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rims and Tires arrived today!!!

A'ight ladies and gents. Had 2 delivery guys bumping into each other today. One for my tires (235/35/zr19 fronts, 245/35/zr19 rears) and the other for my rims (19x8.5ET38 fronts, 19x9.5ET38 rears). I've searched quite a bit on how to transfer my oem tire pressure sensors to my new wheels but nothing really quite clear and definite on how to go about doing that and what "reseal kits" and part numbers are needed to do this. Along side that same line I need new set of lugs so recommendations and help is much needed. I'm a bit too anxious I think cause i'm even thinking of taking off tomorow so I can stare at my new sex rims with my new rims I know I could have bought new tire sensors but the salesman who sold me the rims was thinking he would save me some money and recommended that I just remove my oem sensors and switch them to the new rims/tires. Problem now is I have no idea what parts I need for that. Please help asap so I can roll on these new set this weekend Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:13 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
If the rims are 1-piece, you can probably just transfer the TPMS right over. If the rims are multi-piece, you can either get brackets, or straps at the tire shop.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:01 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by princelybug
If the rims are 1-piece, you can probably just transfer the TPMS right over. If the rims are multi-piece, you can either get brackets, or straps at the tire shop.
it's one piece but how is my question and what parts do I need to transfer it?
Old 08-27-2010, 06:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
They can usually be transferred over without new parts. The installer needs to be careful when removing the tire as not to do any damage to the sensor, but the TPMS has been out long enough now that most shops would know how to properly remove the tire.
If there is a problem, I believe Acura has a replacement valve that includes the seal for around $9 each and the sensors are only @ $35 each discount.
Aftermarket has kits for @ $4.00 per wheel that incudes the valve core and cap as well as the grommet and nut.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbonut
They can usually be transferred over without new parts. The installer needs to be careful when removing the tire as not to do any damage to the sensor, but the TPMS has been out long enough now that most shops would know how to properly remove the tire.
If there is a problem, I believe Acura has a replacement valve that includes the seal for around $9 each and the sensors are only @ $35 each discount.
Aftermarket has kits for @ $4.00 per wheel that incudes the valve core and cap as well as the grommet and nut.
Ok. I'll make sure to let the installer know to be careful with the sensors. The prices here in Hawaii are double to tripple those amounts you've mentioned. The dealer here likely takes advantage of that because they are the only dealer for Hawaii and on top of that they try to exagerate the prices alot more for excuses of freight cause of the "we're in Hawaii" factor which to me is crap and which is why I never go to them unless I really have to. Thanks for the info on the sensors. Reason I asked is because I called the dealer and the parts personel mentioned that I would need some sort of new seals or gaskets and it will cost me $23.79 per tire! Freakin aye no way I can buy the whole entire complete sensor kit for a little more than that! Don't mind me just venting I suppose now my only worry is new lug nutz. Any info on a brand that dont' corrode so quickly? I'm wanting sets that of course have wheel lock lug nuts. Thanks all for your input. It's almost 2am here and still digging around. Also what would you folks recommend the finish I should get for the lug nutz for these wheels http://www.vertiniwheels.com/ should it be black or chrome finish? I'm thinking black I would like some input which would look best. And please tell me where you folks got your lug nutz at and which one you got so i have an idea.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PowerCommander
Also what would you folks recommend the finish I should get for the lug nutz for these wheels http://www.vertiniwheels.com/ should it be black or chrome finish? I'm thinking black I would like some input which would look best. And please tell me where you folks got your lug nutz at and which one you got so i have an idea.
Didn't look at the wheels, but make certain you get the correct nuts that fit those wheels.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Instructor

Where did everyone get their wheel lock lug nutz for their new rims!? I can't decide whether I should get chrome finish lugs or black for my rims. Dang. Tomorow I will go and hunt down a installer that will be able to transfer my tpms and balance and mount my whip's new shoes!!! But I still have to try and see if the stock lugs will fit the new rimz is that what everyone is doing?
Old 08-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PowerCommander
Where did everyone get their wheel lock lug nutz for their new rims!? I can't decide whether I should get chrome finish lugs or black for my rims. Dang. Tomorow I will go and hunt down a installer that will be able to transfer my tpms and balance and mount my whip's new shoes!!! But I still have to try and see if the stock lugs will fit the new rimz is that what everyone is doing?
If new, they should have come with lug nuts, if not make certain you purchase the correct design to fit not only the stud M12x1.5, but also the design/shape that fit the wheels. Factory is a ball design while most aftermarket are conical and they can't be switched, so make certain you check the fitment on the wheel.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbonut
If new, they should have come with lug nuts, if not make certain you purchase the correct design to fit not only the stud M12x1.5, but also the design/shape that fit the wheels. Factory is a ball design while most aftermarket are conical and they can't be switched, so make certain you check the fitment on the wheel.
Well that's the thing i'm trying to determine. all is so close. conical,acorn,ball type. I'm not worried about what measurements cause that I know. What i'm worried about is if the overall lug diameter will fit if I bought it online. The type of lug I guess I'll have to take a closer look since it seem no one has these rims on acura tl yet. For certain I know this is what our cars got as far as measurement:

Bolt pattern (in): 5x4.5
bolt pattern (mm): 5x114.3
Offset range (mm): 35 to 45
Wheel size range (in): 17x8.0 to 20x9.0
Front center bore (mm): 64.1
Rear center bore (mm) 64.1
Stud size: 12x1.5