Rims in NY

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 10:46 AM
EnJ
Anti-Acura TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rims in NY

How many people here live in NY or the tri-state area and have rims on their cars? I have 19's that I want to put on my TL so my question is when's the best time to put them on? I was thinking maybe mid-march at the earliest and mid-april the latest. The reason being is I don't want to risk damaging them with all the potholes, possible snow and salt damage, etc. Also, I guess I have a dedicated summer tire on them so traction would also be a concern in foul weather. So what does everyone think? When do you put your rims on or do you already have them on?
Old 02-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EnJ
How many people here live in NY or the tri-state area and have rims on their cars? I have 19's that I want to put on my TL so my question is when's the best time to put them on? I was thinking maybe mid-march at the earliest and mid-april the latest. The reason being is I don't want to risk damaging them with all the potholes, possible snow and salt damage, etc. Also, I guess I have a dedicated summer tire on them so traction would also be a concern in foul weather. So what does everyone think? When do you put your rims on or do you already have them on?

I do not have rims, but you can take my oppinion w/a grain of salt. The pot holes are year round here, so I hope your dodge and weave skills are up, april is a good time to put them on. that way you can just focus on the potholes.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro

I usually put on my wheels around late march or early april depending on time i have. I dont have 19s but have aspec 18s and stock 17s for the winter. The reason i swapped out the 18s for the winter is because the Yokos are not great in the snow. Like SMOKE said the potholes are pretty much year roound but give them some couples weeks into march to path up the holes made by the salt and wat not. But be careful with the 19's, what kinda tires are u running on them?

Travis
Old 02-17-2005, 11:23 AM
EnJ
Anti-Acura TL

Originally Posted by Acuracy
what kinda tires are u running on them?

Travis
Nitto high performance tires size 245/35 zr19 93w. They came with the rims from the person I bought the from. I looked them up and I believe they're like $300 a tire. If I blow one I'll be so pissed but I'm expecting to.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
aw1
Pro

I wouldnt put them on until at least May so the city can patch up the craters we have out there. Never know, we could have a freak storm and get another 10+ inches for snow. Thats why im hesitant on getting 19's because I live in Brooklyn and travel into the city as well as other borough often. Know a lot of friends blow out their tires on the LIE, BQE, FDR, etc. due to potholes. They usually end up buying new rims!!