Review: Raxles (Update on Post #82)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
My Raxles order arrived while I was on a pretty long vacation and they will be installed tomorrow morning. I can't wait to not hear the darn clicking anymore and see if there is much difference between the OEM ones and Raxles.

Edit: sockr1, update your Photobucket account.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:27 PM
Latent car nut

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Subscribed!
Old 07-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,159 Likes on 909 Posts
Originally Posted by Boogsephine
My Raxles order arrived while I was on a pretty long vacation and they will be installed tomorrow morning. I can't wait to not hear the darn clicking anymore and see if there is much difference between the OEM ones and Raxles.

Edit: sockr1, update your Photobucket account.
haha i've been working with mods on slowly replacing all my DIY and review threads. they take forever to update but eventually this one will get updated. i'm going to flickr. f*&^ you photobucket
Old 07-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Instructor

I had them installed yesterday. There was a small squeaking noise at first which it seemed like it was a little metal to metal but that eventually went away after driving home from Atlanta to Charlotte (260 miles). When I was in my neighborhood with the windows down I noticed there was still a clicking sound. It is only when I am going very slow or turning at a slow speed. It makes a creaking / clicking nose similar to my old ones with bad CV joints. Not sure if the Raxles are defective or if it is something else making the noise. I'm not sure what else it could be as the suspension is new ASPEC suspension, brakes are new and my mechanic saw nothing else that looked warn in the vicinity of where the axles are. I may have to e-mail Marty and see what he says. I didn't hear any noise other than the small squeak after leaving the shop but the clicking is definitely noticeable. I may take a quick video and upload it so it'll be available for you all to hear.

Any ideas here?
Old 07-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Boogsephine
I had them installed yesterday. There was a small squeaking noise at first which it seemed like it was a little metal to metal but that eventually went away after driving home from Atlanta to Charlotte (260 miles). When I was in my neighborhood with the windows down I noticed there was still a clicking sound. It is only when I am going very slow or turning at a slow speed. It makes a creaking / clicking nose similar to my old ones with bad CV joints. Not sure if the Raxles are defective or if it is something else making the noise. I'm not sure what else it could be as the suspension is new ASPEC suspension, brakes are new and my mechanic saw nothing else that looked warn in the vicinity of where the axles are. I may have to e-mail Marty and see what he says. I didn't hear any noise other than the small squeak after leaving the shop but the clicking is definitely noticeable. I may take a quick video and upload it so it'll be available for you all to hear.

Any ideas here?
are you still having the same noises/issues? my guess is that it would go away after some breaking in but maybe not.

regarding your first squeaking noise, the shop that did mine heard the same noise on the test drive. so we did a 3 way call with marty and he said he had never heard of that before, so we decided to just keep driving and sure enough it just went away. pretty interesting that another TL owner had the exact same "break in" noise a few months after mine even though he supposedly had never heard this complaint before. everything is all good now though!

oh and photobucket photos were removed and flickr was used instead. happy to finally get some of my threads updated.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sockr1
are you still having the same noises/issues? my guess is that it would go away after some breaking in but maybe not.

regarding your first squeaking noise, the shop that did mine heard the same noise on the test drive. so we did a 3 way call with marty and he said he had never heard of that before, so we decided to just keep driving and sure enough it just went away. pretty interesting that another TL owner had the exact same "break in" noise a few months after mine even though he supposedly had never heard this complaint before. everything is all good now though!

oh and photobucket photos were removed and flickr was used instead. happy to finally get some of my threads updated.
Yes, the sound is still there. The squeaking went away very quickly but the clicking noise is getting worse. Sad to say that I am very disappointed with these Raxles and that I have to spend more money and time to get replacements as well as have these taken off the car and mailed back to Marty. The clicking is definitely worse than my OEM ones were and click when going straight, whereas my stock did not.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
buy the below from Rockauto

Product Detail

Product Detail

664221 for left
664223 for the right

The above numbers are of 6MT

Total shipped to your door....$130.89 after applying the 5% off coupon that you will find online.....

Cardone is very good quality and have been in the business of making drive shaft for over a decade.....I have used them and would use them again when I have to replace on my TL...... fit and fitment is next to OEM.....

good balance and top notch quality....compare $130 to $550.......no headache of core return or anything.....

Sandan
Old 08-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
I've had the raxles in for about 5-6 months now, or roughly 9000 miles by my estimates. Unfortunately, since maybe after the first month of the install, I've been having vibration around 20-25mph. At first, I thought maybe it was due to a torque damper being broken, which resulted in potentially causing an aftermarket side motor mount to go out as well. However, finally, the vibrations became to unbearable and I finally opted to take it into a shop to try and diagnose the issue. They told me that they suspected it was either an axle, or some kind of bearing/support for the passenger side axle, and they wanted to replace it. Additionally, they asked if I had any sort of warranty on the part, to which I said yes, I do; let me call them.

I called Marty, and first and foremost he is a GREAT guy. Very understanding. He asked my name, and then asked about the problem I was experiencing (without ever asking what the car was), and before he even pulls up my info, he just asks, "is this for a manual TL?". He tells me that for whatever reason, the axles on at least the manual TLs have all been coming back to him with the same issues. He told me he would gladly send a replacement at no cost, but unfortunately he just is at a loss at what the cause is and can't say that I won't experience this issue again down the line. In fact, he even mentioned he has contemplated whether or not he should just stop doing axles for manual Tls altogether, since he's been getting so many of these back (he did assure me that he still would honor my warranty however)

I decided against getting another raxles replacement for the time being, and just had the shop source another one, regardless of whether or not it was aftermarket. In this particular instance, they used one by a manufacturer FEQ, to which I understand is Chinese-made. I'm Chinese too but I am weary of Chinese-made products, but at the same time if I bring in my own parts then I have no labor warranty whatsoever. Add to the fact that I'm paying full cost for the part that they source (~$180) despite me knowing that aftermarket axles can be had for roughly 1/2 - 1/3 of the cost, I still have them source it. The cost of peace of mind I guess, because at least I won't have to wait for the raxles to ship and everything will be covered under the 2 year warranty period.

The passenger axle is finally changed out, and upon inspection the inner joints are just slopping around too much, which shows that the axles are the cause of vibrations. I still have slight vibrations, but that most likely is due to the driver side still being the raxles. I'll get that changed out once I'm not in a time crunch to get my car back.

FWIW I've heard great things about Raxles not just on this forum but also just in general research, seeing the name pop up in other forums. And as others have attested, Marty is a outstanding guy, and I'm really trying not to bash the company. The fact that he's still willing to stand by his warranty, to me, is just stellar. Marty really does take the time to listen to what's going on, and will do whatever he can to try and help out. If you currently have raxles and 6MT that are working perfectly, that is fantastic! But to others, just be a bit careful, as it sounds like our particular cars just may not be cut out for these due to poor design of the axles. If you can install them yourself, then you won't lose much if you have to get a replacement axle. But for others that bring their own parts to mechanics, You may be on the hook for extra labor costs if the shop only warranties things that they source themselves.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:01 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyfu
I've had the raxles in for about 5-6 months now, or roughly 9000 miles by my estimates. Unfortunately, since maybe after the first month of the install, I've been having vibration around 20-25mph. At first, I thought maybe it was due to a torque damper being broken, which resulted in potentially causing an aftermarket side motor mount to go out as well. However, finally, the vibrations became to unbearable and I finally opted to take it into a shop to try and diagnose the issue. They told me that they suspected it was either an axle, or some kind of bearing/support for the passenger side axle, and they wanted to replace it. Additionally, they asked if I had any sort of warranty on the part, to which I said yes, I do; let me call them.

I called Marty, and first and foremost he is a GREAT guy. Very understanding. He asked my name, and then asked about the problem I was experiencing (without ever asking what the car was), and before he even pulls up my info, he just asks, "is this for a manual TL?". He tells me that for whatever reason, the axles on at least the manual TLs have all been coming back to him with the same issues. He told me he would gladly send a replacement at no cost, but unfortunately he just is at a loss at what the cause is and can't say that I won't experience this issue again down the line. In fact, he even mentioned he has contemplated whether or not he should just stop doing axles for manual Tls altogether, since he's been getting so many of these back (he did assure me that he still would honor my warranty however)

I decided against getting another raxles replacement for the time being, and just had the shop source another one, regardless of whether or not it was aftermarket. In this particular instance, they used one by a manufacturer FEQ, to which I understand is Chinese-made. I'm Chinese too but I am weary of Chinese-made products, but at the same time if I bring in my own parts then I have no labor warranty whatsoever. Add to the fact that I'm paying full cost for the part that they source (~$180) despite me knowing that aftermarket axles can be had for roughly 1/2 - 1/3 of the cost, I still have them source it. The cost of peace of mind I guess, because at least I won't have to wait for the raxles to ship and everything will be covered under the 2 year warranty period.

The passenger axle is finally changed out, and upon inspection the inner joints are just slopping around too much, which shows that the axles are the cause of vibrations. I still have slight vibrations, but that most likely is due to the driver side still being the raxles. I'll get that changed out once I'm not in a time crunch to get my car back.

FWIW I've heard great things about Raxles not just on this forum but also just in general research, seeing the name pop up in other forums. And as others have attested, Marty is a outstanding guy, and I'm really trying not to bash the company. The fact that he's still willing to stand by his warranty, to me, is just stellar. Marty really does take the time to listen to what's going on, and will do whatever he can to try and help out. If you currently have raxles and 6MT that are working perfectly, that is fantastic! But to others, just be a bit careful, as it sounds like our particular cars just may not be cut out for these due to poor design of the axles. If you can install them yourself, then you won't lose much if you have to get a replacement axle. But for others that bring their own parts to mechanics, You may be on the hook for extra labor costs if the shop only warranties things that they source themselves.
I went to a shop this week and they told me the OEM axles for the TL are FEQ and they told me the same price you paid, maybe a little more, I forget. This was a Honda specialty shop.

Marty is also sending me a new axle for my passenger side. I drive a 5AT and have been having shaking issues while accelerating since before and after replacing my axles. For those who are having issues with shaking during acceleration, it may not be your axles. What Marty told me was it's almost impossible to replicate the same symptom with two different axles.

I have ordered an OEM intermediate shaft and will be replacing that along with my passenger axle, hopefully, next weekend. I will do my best to report back the results.

On the topic - When I discussed with Marty - he told me he had stopped making axles for other Honda's, specifically the Oddysey and CRV. He said a lot of them came back too. Seems like Honda's just don't respond well to aftermarket axles. However, if the intermediate shaft bearing theory holds, maybe it's not the axles...

Last edited by NoTLoud; 09-01-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:46 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
But Raxles aren't aftermarket axles. They are OEM axles with what is claimed as superior joints and grease....

So the issue with Raxles may indeed be something in the redesigned "superior" joint, not the shaft???

Last edited by nfnsquared; 09-01-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:54 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Paul, our star master mechanic in Northern NJ, along with my best buddy from high school who owned and operated an auto parts store for almost 30 years, only recommend installing new, not rebuilt shafts as they've both seen too many rebuilt ones go bad. Doesn't matter which brand you choose, their bottom line is ONLY USE NEW ONES. Rockauto seems to have the best price on the new (not rebuilt) Cardones, $53.79 for the left and $61.79 for the right. At those prices, why take a chance on rebuilds?
Old 09-05-2017, 01:51 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DMZ
Paul, our star master mechanic in Northern NJ, along with my best buddy from high school who owned and operated an auto parts store for almost 30 years, only recommend installing new, not rebuilt shafts as they've both seen too many rebuilt ones go bad. Doesn't matter which brand you choose, their bottom line is ONLY USE NEW ONES. Rockauto seems to have the best price on the new (not rebuilt) Cardones, $53.79 for the left and $61.79 for the right. At those prices, why take a chance on rebuilds?
For me personally, I'll try to "upgrade" a part if it's available. Going by the infinite wisdom of the internet, I did think that Raxles would meet expectations, but sadly they did not. I would rather stay away from FEQ if I could, as I don't think that a chinese-brand axle would be the OEM supplier for Honda, but the only reason why I relented was because although I'm paying near-oem price for each axle, the shop that did the install will warranty the labor and parts on this for 2years/24k miles.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:39 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
for me personally, i'll try to "upgrade" a part if it's available. Going by the infinite wisdom of the internet, i did think that raxles would meet expectations, but sadly they did not. I would rather stay away from feq if i could, as i don't think that a chinese-brand axle would be the oem supplier for honda, but the only reason why i relented was because although i'm paying near-oem price for each axle, the shop that did the install will warranty the labor and parts on this for 2years/24k miles.
feq?
Old 09-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DMZ
feq?
A brand of car axles, manufactured in China. about 2-3 posts up NoTLoud mentioned his mechanic said that FEQ are oem axles...
Old 09-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Racer

A brand of car axles, manufactured in China. about 2-3 posts up NoTLoud mentioned his mechanic said that FEQ are oem axles...
That's what the specialty Honda shop told me. I hope I am not spreading false information.

With hurricane Irma coming in, sadly my intermediate shaft has been delayed in shipping. It originally got delayed because Delray needed to source a part from Honda's warehouse and now the hurricane. My luck, man...

I will definitely report back once I get that shaft and passenger axle replaced again.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Racer

Okay, I got the intermediate shaft replaced this past weekend. It was definitely the source of 90% of my shaking during acceleration. Tons of play in the bearing. I can still feel a little shaking, especially right after shifting into 2nd gear in my 5AT. It's annoying, but much improved. I would attribute some of that to being lowered. Potentially a bad rear engine mount. I dunno, it's a lot better though.

I was getting a lot of vibration in the floor of the car at highway speeds. Those are gone now. Car feels very smooth at all speeds except slight shaking from a dead stop and at the bottom of second. Overall, I am happy for now, but things could be smoother.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:07 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered a set for my 2012 TSX Tech Wagon

70K miles and the half shafts started failing around 60k. INEXCUSABLE. I have had 3 FWD vehicle before this. 1996 Saturn SW2, 200something Mazda Protege5, 2009 Mazda 3S wagon. I kept all of them WELL into 100K+ miles and NONE of them had half shaft issues. Same geography, same driving style, no suspension mods. These would be considered cheap cars... so far they have been better vehicles than my $$$$$$$ Acura......

I just ordered a set of Raxles. Marty was awesome to talk to. OEM would have been $1100+++ just for the parts cheapest I could find online.
He had them in stock and said he could ship them today!!!
Old 01-21-2020, 09:13 AM
Latent car nut

Originally Posted by TSXWagon
70K miles and the half shafts started failing around 60k. INEXCUSABLE. I have had 3 FWD vehicle before this. 1996 Saturn SW2, 200something Mazda Protege5, 2009 Mazda 3S wagon. I kept all of them WELL into 100K+ miles and NONE of them had half shaft issues. Same geography, same driving style, no suspension mods. These would be considered cheap cars... so far they have been better vehicles than my $$$$$$$ Acura......

I just ordered a set of Raxles. Marty was awesome to talk to. OEM would have been $1100+++ just for the parts cheapest I could find online.
The sad truth is Honda axles do not seem to have the longest life span. Small price to pay for an otherwise great car.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:32 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a quick note... Running your car with bad axles may tear up some other more expensive to fix bits such as transmission bearings
Old 01-22-2020, 10:37 AM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXWagon

You do realize that Raxles use used OEM axles/shafts, they just improve the CS joints/grease? This whole axle thing with 3Gs is strange. I have 335K miles on the original axles (6MT). Not sure why some last and others don't....
Old 01-22-2020, 10:49 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,991 Likes on 14,500 Posts
lowering and changing the wear point on them definitely causes a slight weird shimmy...
cheap ones suck too.
I had raxles put in and Austin changed one of them recently and it was less than 60K miles.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:04 AM
Latent car nut

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
You do realize that Raxles use used OEM axles/shafts, they just improve the CS joints/grease? This whole axle thing with 3Gs is strange. I have 335K miles on the original axles (6MT). Not sure why some last and others don't....
I swapped out my OEM axles at about 130,000 miles. Why? The car had developed a minor shimmy on straight and level roads at a steady speed, the shimmy would get worse climbing a grade, and MUCH worse when accelerating. If I recall correctly, I would even feel the shimmy when descending a grade as well.

The axles I used to replace the OEM units were new DuraLast axles from AutoZone purchased from another member here who did a warranty replacement on them and then never used them. While their shimmy characteristics were better than the used OEM axles, it was still quite noticeable climbing hills and accelerating.

The good news is I junked the DuraLast axles after less than 20,000 miles and replaced them with new APWI units; this has made my car almost vibration free in all driving phases. I still feel a hint of vibration every now and again and am wondering if the intermediate shaft might be to blame for that.

As things stand now, the mileage on my car is in the mid-160,000 mile range and given how smooth the car is to drive, I am in no hurry to swap out the intermediate shaft any time soon. I figure about two more years before I'll need the next timing belt, at that point I'll have all of the front oil seals and the oil pump seal addressed (some are already starting to leak), and I might just bite the bullet and do the axles and intermediate shaft at the same time.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,185 Likes on 892 Posts
Y'all are going to keep chewing up axles if your intermediate shaft bearing needs service.

Always replace all 3 together when you have vibrations:
LH axle
RH axle
Intermediate shaft bearing (and seal)

Tons of stories about, "I replaced my axles and the vibration came back a few K miles later". Nobody's replacing intermediate shaft bearings.

Also, aftermarket new or rebuilt axles that use a re-ground cup will only be vibration free for the short term. The cups need a proper hardening treatment to last.

I rebuild my own with OEM components. And I realize that's not practical....but its the best way to go.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:19 PM
Latent car nut

Originally Posted by BROlando
Y'all are going to keep chewing up axles if your intermediate shaft bearing needs service.

Always replace all 3 together when you have vibrations:
LH axle
RH axle
Intermediate shaft bearing (and seal)

Tons of stories about, "I replaced my axles and the vibration came back a few K miles later". Nobody's replacing intermediate shaft bearings.

Also, aftermarket new or rebuilt axles that use a re-ground cup will only be vibration free for the short term. The cups need a proper hardening treatment to last.

I rebuild my own with OEM components. And I realize that's not practical....but its the best way to go.
Interesting input on the subject. A few comments in no particular order:
  • This is the first time I have ever heard a recommendation to replace the intermediate shaft bearing each time axles are replaced.
  • In the case of my DuraLast axles, there was no gap between the axle replacement and feeling the vibration; the new axles went in and while the vibration improved dramatically over the exhausted OEM axles, there was still vibration.
  • When I put the APWI axles in after 20,000 miles on the DuraLast units, I had not noticed any appreciable increase in vibration over those miles.
  • The new(ish) APWI axles now have upwards of 12,000 miles on them and are still just as smooth as they were the day they went in.
  • Do you have a link to the rationale on why one would replace the intermediate shaft bearing so frequently? I'm not saying you're wrong; I'd just like to edumacate myself.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:25 PM
Safety Car

i've heard of others having to replace the int shaft as well. when i replace the axles again i will make sure to do the int shaft. it's another 250, bringing the total for a 6mt type s axle set to around 750 before tax (250ish each axles and 250 for int shaft)

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...-blown-854928/
Old 01-22-2020, 12:52 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by horseshoez
Interesting input on the subject. A few comments in no particular order:
  • This is the first time I have ever heard a recommendation to replace the intermediate shaft bearing each time axles are replaced.
  • In the case of my DuraLast axles, there was no gap between the axle replacement and feeling the vibration; the new axles went in and while the vibration improved dramatically over the exhausted OEM axles, there was still vibration.
  • When I put the APWI axles in after 20,000 miles on the DuraLast units, I had not noticed any appreciable increase in vibration over those miles.
  • The new(ish) APWI axles now have upwards of 12,000 miles on them and are still just as smooth as they were the day they went in.
  • Do you have a link to the rationale on why one would replace the intermediate shaft bearing so frequently? I'm not saying you're wrong; I'd just like to edumacate myself.
I was saying that if you have a vibration, you should replace the intermediate shaft bearing at the same time as the axles.

Your factory axles and bearing probably didn't start causing vibrations until like 100k or so.

Axle vibrations wear out the bearing. And the bearing having slop causes more wear on the axles.

So when vibrations start, all of it is suspect, and in order to break that vicious cycle....replace all 3. Knowwhatimean?

i've heard of others having to replace the int shaft as well. when i replace the axles again i will make sure to do the int shaft. it's another 250, bringing the total for a 6mt type s axle set to around 750 before tax (250ish each axles and 250 for int shaft)

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...-blown-854928/
The intermediate shaft bearing is like $30...and the seal is under $10. Idk what labour charge is to press/re-press, though. If labour is more than ~$200, then it makes more sense to just buy the whole assembly.
The following users liked this post:
sockr1 (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 12:53 PM

BroMichaelLandon,
Can you come and give me a hand with my intermediate shaft (and bearing) please?
LMK.
The following users liked this post:
gatrhumpy (01-25-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 01:04 PM
Safety Car

I was saying that if you have a vibration, you should replace the intermediate shaft bearing at the same time as the axles.

Your factory axles and bearing probably didn't start causing vibrations until like 100k or so.

Axle vibrations wear out the bearing. And the bearing having slop causes more wear on the axles.

So when vibrations start, all of it is suspect, and in order to break that vicious cycle....replace all 3. Knowwhatimean?

The intermediate shaft bearing is like $30...and the seal is under $10. Idk what labour charge is to press/re-press, though. If labour is more than ~$200, then it makes more sense to just buy the whole assembly.
Ohh the bearing only i see what you mean, yea that's $40 and much better. i'll go that route, thanks for the help! looks like i'll get a bearing, seal, and new clip

is it hard to get that bearing out, is it susceptible to damaging it during removal/insertion?

Last edited by sockr1; 01-22-2020 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:16 PM

I might do it too, honestly, I don't think I touched that last time around.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:19 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rockstar143
BroMichaelLandon,
Can you come and give me a hand with my intermediate shaft (and bearing) please?
LMK.
Ohh the bearing only i see what you mean, yea that's $40 and much better. i'll go that route, thanks for the help! looks like i'll get a bearing, seal, and new clip

is it hard to get that bearing out, is it susceptible to damaging it during removal/insertion?
Haha I just did this on 2 TSX's and I shot the video whilst doing it. I home-raxled the axles...and installed new bearings.

With even a very small press, its SUPER easy to do the bearing. I did not use a press, as I did this whole thing at my condo....but I wouldn't recommend my lifestyle (in general) to anyone else.

I'll edit the video at some point and post it.

Old 01-22-2020, 01:20 PM

i actually have access to a press
Old 01-22-2020, 01:30 PM
Safety Car

i actually have access to a press
Oh then its MASSIVE ease, cousin.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:34 PM

do you have to get that half shaft out to swap the bearing? or is on axle side?
I hear@Majofo it's a bitch to get off if it's fused in there.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:44 PM
Safety Car

do you have to get that half shaft out to swap the bearing? or is on axle side?
I hear@Majofo it's a bitch to get off if it's fused in there.

Its on the RH side.

You remove the RH axle first. Then unbolt 3 bolts and it slides out. Its easy.

Idk how/why it would be seized.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:55 PM

Really? I didn't realize it was just bolted in.
I bet it's the OG in mine.
I'll tackle this in the next few months.
Especially if the part is only a couple thousand pesos.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:58 PM
Safety Car

At least, I think its on the RH side.

it's on the same side as the engine. whichever side that is for you weirdos.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:00 PM
Latent car nut

At least, I think its on the RH side.

it's on the same side as the engine. whichever side that is for you weirdos.
Yes, right side.
Old 01-22-2020, 02:01 PM
Safety Car

Haha I just did this on 2 TSX's and I shot the video whilst doing it. I home-raxled the axles...and installed new bearings.

With even a very small press, its SUPER easy to do the bearing. I did not use a press, as I did this whole thing at my condo....but I wouldn't recommend my lifestyle (in general) to anyone else.

I'll edit the video at some point and post it.
would love to see that video! i need to tackle this next month and i also have a press at my work that i can probably use.
i'm guessing you used a large a** socket to get it in?
Old 01-22-2020, 03:23 PM

Too bad you're not BrortLauderdale or Briami...
We could have quick wit duels and stuff. Maybe wear biker shorts.
Oh well.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:42 PM
Safety Car

would love to see that video! i need to tackle this next month and i also have a press at my work that i can probably use.
i'm guessing you used a large a** socket to get it in?
Yeah, big socket, hammer, vice, clamp, etc. lol.

Too bad you're not BrortLauderdale or Briami...
We could have quick wit duels and stuff. Maybe wear biker shorts.
Oh well.
Bro, if I lived in Miami, I'd only need the shortest shorts. Wouldn't even need a car.

Quick Reply: Review: Raxles (Update on Post #82)