Remanufactured 04 TL Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remanufactured 04 TL Rims

Does anyone have any experience with the numerous companies that advertise reconditioned/remanufactured rims?

I am looking to replace a couple of rims that have some curb damage to them. I would like them to last and not have the finish peeling off in a year. Many of them provide a "lifetime" guarantee, but I am always skeptical of such claims.

I am only looking at OEM style rims and not something different. Unfortunately, as an Account Exec, my car cannot be to ostentatious. Otherwise, everyone thinks you are making too much $$.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Normally the factory wheel finish is baked into the wheel rather than just painted on and have never seen any "peel". Depending on the company and the length of time in business, I don't see a problem, but if concerned, look for some used OEM wheels in mint condition as they are around.

I've dealt with Detroit Wheel and Tire and have never had any problems, and can't say enough about their service.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:21 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Turbonut
Normally the factory wheel finish is baked into the wheel rather than just painted on and have never seen any "peel". Depending on the company and the length of time in business, I don't see a problem, but if concerned, look for some used OEM wheels in mint condition as they are around.

I've dealt with Detroit Wheel and Tire and have never had any problems, and can't say enough about their service.
Turbonut - Thanks for the reply.

I am not worried about peeling of the factory finish. I am more worried about the various remanufactured products available. I am sure there are some that are less than honest about their quality and processes.

I have periodically looked for used, but good condition 04-05 TL rims, but have not much luck. I guess it is all about timing.

I will check Detroit Wheel and Tire to see what they have.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:23 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Check out http://www.wheelsamerica.com.

I've bought a couple of re-manufactured wheels from them over the years. No complaints.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Here's another place you may want to check out.
http://www.finishlinewheels.com/ACURA/TL/2004/

I've never bought anything from them, so I don't know how reputable this company is.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:08 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still looking. I have not found a place to purchase from yet. Some I have called have not returned phone calls or don't answer the phone.

Some require a core charge, which can get expensive, depending on where you have to ship your old rims back to. Thus, I need to find someone that does not have a core charge, or they must be located on the East Coast, preferrably the mid-Atlantc area.

Thanks for all suggestions.