Rear passenger emergency brake

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 08:13 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear passenger emergency brake

Hello all,

i hope you guys can help.

my 07 Acura TL with 54k has a problem in the rear passenger brake. Since I bought the car it makes a vibration coming from the back. The dealer have change both roter, brakes and both calipers and both ebrake pads. And the problem continued. But the problem is sometimes. Yesterday I replace the brakes, the wheel hub, emergency brakes and all springs.

the problem still there, don’t know what else it could be.

im wondering is anyone here had a similar problem.

thanks
Old 11-07-2018, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Since this is a topic/technical issue which will require replies, and not a "New Member Introduction", this thread has been moved to the model specific forum.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
If both rear brake calipers and rotors and pads have been replaced, the issue is unlikely to be related to the rear brakes. Why did you think it was the rear brake? Can you better describe the vibration? Is it all the time? Speed dependent? Only when using the brakes?

Have you rotated the tires yet to confirm you don't have a wonky tire or rim?
Old 11-07-2018, 02:38 PM
3rd Gear

Thank you for replying

everything was done to the car. I know is from the rear passanger tire because on 4 occasions including in the shop, as I was driving I have pull to safety and jack the car and try to spin the wheel and it was lock. After putting pressure with my hand or foot the tire spin then lock. And is only on that side. Last week the mechanic
took the wheel off, remove everything that had to do with calipers and the brakes. he put the wheel back and spin and it was doing the same. Then he took off the rotor and put the wheel back, at this point the wheel was spinning with no problem. So then he took off everything tha had to do with Ebrake. Then he put back the caliper wheel and told me to drive the car like that for a week.

so yesterday he told me to buy ebrake pads, new brakes and all the spring and also he change the wheel hub. After he installed everything, I told him that the hand brake was loose, he said drive for a little bit and if it need adjustment he will do.

after a few minutes I return with the same issue and he said that the ebrake was tight. He release the ebrake and told me to buy the ebrake cable because thats just the only thing to change.

this morning as I was on my way to the shop I was playing with the hand brake and everything started.

the noise is like is you falling as sleep or going off the road and you drive the car through the rumble strip on the highway

Old 11-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
Check brake line.
Next time you stop and can't spin the rear wheel, insert a screwdriver and try and pry the pads from the rotor, No go,
the open the bleeder and try. If the pads now move you need a new line.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:09 AM
3rd Gear

Thank you. We didn’t do that part but the caliper was remove and the wheel put back and it didn’t spin. Somehow the ebrake get stuck. But is not all the time 😫