Rear Easy Arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 02:56 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rear Easy Arms

Had some work done and my mechanic, two front tires and alignment. Couldn't get the rear in spec (negative camber) and said that they can adjust cause the "Easy Arms" are done and can't be adjusted anymore. Can someone give me the simple name/part number for these? They way $538, but I can order and with my brother get it done. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2018, 03:30 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
The only adjustable geometry of the rear wheels is toe.
A very common problem is the rear toe arm seizing up. The cam bolt used to adjust the toe angle seizes up inside the bushing due to corrosion.

Camber was never adjustable on this car so there is either miscommunication on your end or misinformation from the mechanic about how "they can't be adjusted anymore".

I'm putting my money on that he was talking about the toe arms. Part number is 52360-SEP-A01.
BUTT (justnspace anyone??) of course we're talking about a 10-14 year old car so if you did buy the car with adjustable camber arms, here's OEM replacement: 52390-SEP-A03.

PS: Camber doesn't affect tire wear as much as toe so even if we assume you have adjustable camber arms, the mechanic would have adjusted your toe arms and charged you for front and rear wheel alignment.
All the more reason I think he's talking about the toe arms.

You can call back to the shop and ask to speak to the tech.
Ask him firmly if he's talking about the toe arms or camber arms not being able to be adjusted anymore.
If he says camber arm, I don't think I'd trust going to that shop if they don't know what they're talking about.

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 04-26-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,166 Likes on 877 Posts
Does the car have aftermarket camber arms?
Old 04-27-2018, 10:42 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll double check the alignment sheet I got from the mechanics, but I swear he said camber on the phone. I haven't been under the car myself (I just don't have the time to work on cars like I did 10 years ago) to see if it has aftermarket arms....I kind of doubt it since its a rebuilt title car and was just the PO wife's car for daily driver. Thanks for the advice, I'll dig deeper.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
Camber isn't adjustable from OEM

got a pic of the underside of the car? Are you the original owner?
Old 04-27-2018, 03:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Gamecock93
Had some work done and my mechanic, two front tires and alignment. Couldn't get the rear in spec (negative camber) and said that they can adjust cause the "Easy Arms" are done and can't be adjusted anymore. Can someone give me the simple name/part number for these? They way $538, but I can order and with my brother get it done. Thanks!
Couple things come to mind:

1. Rear camber arms shouldn't be $538. I cant speak for the TL itself, but I paid like $180 for rear camber arms on my 370z, just a few weeks ago. Actually, here, this is what you want. Only $155: https://www.endlessrpm.com/spc-perfo...mber-kit-pair/

2. The arms are very easy to install. If you have access to tools and you or your brother have a bit of automotive knowledge, you should be able to swap them fairly easily (save for the rust... ugh)

3. I assume you recently lowered your car? Camber won't go out of spec in the back, because as mentioned, you can't even adjust it unless you bent the rear arms on both sides (highly unlikely). The only other way your camber would be impacted is by dropping the car.... how much is it lowered? What did you lower the car with? (Coilover? Just lowering springs? How low did you go?)

4. If it was a modest drop, your camber shouldn't be out of spec by a huge amount. Do you have a copy of your alignment sheet, before and after? Your car could be slightly out of spec, but not really kill your tire life either. Like.., if you're out by 0.2-0.3 degrees, you're likely going to be ok. If you're out 2.0 degrees, then I'd be concerned.