Props to Tire Warehouse

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Props to Tire Warehouse

Yeah baby. Well I went to another Tire Warehouse branch on Grafton St in Worcester today to get a printout to show Acura that the rims were bent. One of the techs, Dan, thought it was odd that I got 2 bent rims and decided to rebalance the tires and rim. It turns out that the 2 rims weren't bent after all.

The fix-a-flat I pumped into one of the tires threw the Hunter Roadforce off. They took off the tire and emptied it out. Problem solved!

The 2nd tire threw off the balancer as well because Townfare Tire (originally mounted them) didn't mount the tire right. He had to adjust it and guess what? Problem solved!

The car feels awsome now and no more shaky wheel. I'm happy again!

Oh, also pumped nitrogen which is guaranteed to keep the tires at the same psi pretty much forever.

Thanks for listening.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:14 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TLTony
Oh, also pumped nitrogen which is guaranteed to keep the tires at the same psi pretty much forever.
Forever?! Not quite.......Don't waste your money if you really think it will make a noticeable difference. This is not an issue if you check your tires on a regular basis.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Isn't it great to find an easy fix to a problem like that?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:56 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05TLTony
Yeah baby. Well I went to another Tire Warehouse branch on Grafton St in Worcester today to get a printout to show Acura that the rims were bent. One of the techs, Dan, thought it was odd that I got 2 bent rims and decided to rebalance the tires and rim. It turns out that the 2 rims weren't bent after all.

The fix-a-flat I pumped into one of the tires threw the Hunter Roadforce off. They took off the tire and emptied it out. Problem solved!

The 2nd tire threw off the balancer as well because Townfare Tire (originally mounted them) didn't mount the tire right. He had to adjust it and guess what? Problem solved!

The car feels awsome now and no more shaky wheel. I'm happy again!

Thanks for listening.
townfare tire sucks! i only use first acura for anything i can, but for my other vehicles they go to tire pros. they are still kinda bush leauge, but better than most. i havent used tire warehouse yet, but i probably will give them a try now.
BTW, what is the nitrogen supposed to do?
I have heard it is supposed to help with gas consumption, but nitrogen is actually thinner than oxygen and would really piss out of any leak/hole in a tire. i wonder how the TPMS sensors would react to nitrogen.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by ding069
I have heard it is supposed to help with gas consumption, but nitrogen is actually thinner than oxygen and would really piss out of any leak/hole in a tire. i wonder how the TPMS sensors would react to nitrogen.
Air is mostly nitrogen combined with some minor percentage of oxygen. Nitrogen should thus have no effect on TPMS.
Nitrogen atoms are larger than oxygen atoms; the theory is that nitrogen will not migrate through the tire material itself as easily as oxygen (from air) in the absence of a leak. I have heard that Costco uses nitrogen for its tire installs, but have not verified that.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Will Y.
I have heard that Costco uses nitrogen for its tire installs, but have not verified that.
At least in my part of SoCal they do.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Dr. Feelgood

In regards to nitrogen, I was told that when you use air in the heat, it cause condensation inside the tire causing the inside of the rim to rust. With nitrogen, supposedly the pressure does not change in the hot or cold climate and will not cause the rims to rust. And best of all, I get free nitrogen fill ups.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Isn't it great to find an easy fix to a problem like that?
Sure is man! You love your car when everything goes right, but get sick of it fast when it has problems.