Project Kics Neo Chrono Lugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Project Kics Neo Chrono Lugs

I saw a set of these "NeoChrono" lugs on a car with black wheels this weekend at a car show. The owner wasnt around so i couldnt get any details about them. After searching for the last hour or so ive come across these Project Kics lug set.
Now i have a couple questions about these.
1. These are the only ones i could find...there has to be other companies that make similar styles.
2. What are other names for this style of finish.
3. What size do i need for a 04 TL Auto? Ive read they fit acuras, but just want to make sure.

Here are some pics for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:26 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
1. These are the only ones i could find...there has to be other companies that make similar styles.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1358129

Project Kics is the only kind I've seen like this... It's just a zinc type coating... I love the advertising "titanium like finish"... I'd shy away from any knockoffs of questionable quality.

3. What size do i need for a 04 TL Auto? Ive read they fit acuras, but just want to make sure.

All Honda's use the same lugs (Actually almost all inports use the same lug size)... Can't remember the size something like 1.5. Nissans are the onyl ones who use a finer thread at 1.25. If it'll fit a Honda, it'll fit the TL.

A bit WAY over the top for me...
You do realize those are "race lugs", as in they're an open ended to save weight, but are not designed for daily driving use... Open ended lugs will allow moisture to enter the space between the lugs and stud allowing corrosion to build... that's bad.

To me, these are a collosal waste of money. The weight savings is negligiable, they scream "steal me" as int hey offe rno security, and they should only be used in good weather... and they cost $200!

4 McGard Splinedrive + 1 McGard Security lock on each of my Volks.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I saw lug nuts like that last year, but they were made out of full titanium and they retail about $600 for 20, I can't remember the brand but i'm sure if you do more research you'll be able to find it. You'll ned the 1.5mm to fit your TL
Old 07-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Originally Posted by Kennedy

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1358129

Project Kics is the only kind I've seen like this... It's just a zinc type coating... I love the advertising "titanium like finish"... I'd shy away from any knockoffs of questionable quality.

All Honda's use the same lugs (Actually almost all inports use the same lug size)... Can't remember the size something like 1.5. Nissans are the onyl ones who use a finer thread at 1.25. If it'll fit a Honda, it'll fit the TL.

A bit WAY over the top for me...
You do realize those are "race lugs", as in they're an open ended to save weight, but are not designed for daily driving use... Open ended lugs will allow moisture to enter the space between the lugs and stud allowing corrosion to build... that's bad.

To me, these are a collosal waste of money. The weight savings is negligiable, they scream "steal me" as int hey offe rno security, and they should only be used in good weather... and they cost $200!

4 McGard Splinedrive + 1 McGard Security lock on each of my Volks.
Great this is why i came here for some answers. I understand they are a racing lug, which is why im trying to find closed ended ones (like the ones i saw this weekend) for daily driving. Ill just have to keep looking and make some calls untill i find what i need or untill someone else has a answer.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Here is a pic i found on hondatech with the Kics.
Its one of those little details when on black wheels.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by datplayaz
I saw lug nuts like that last year, but they were made out of full titanium and they retail about $600 for 20, I can't remember the brand but i'm sure if you do more research you'll be able to find it. You'll ned the 1.5mm to fit your TL

Let me correct myself, it's $599 CAD and $550 USD

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/pro...&cat=0&page=10
Old 07-24-2007, 10:49 AM
-Arsenic-

Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts
ARC makes the best looking heat treated titainum lugs. Only problem is, you wont find them unless you go to Japan to get them. The guy who owns these went on vacation to Japan and picked them up while he was there. I cant find them on the internet anywhere..

Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
You might like this link. lugnuts
Old 07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
That pretty much sums it up...

I have some black Ray's lugs for sale in the BM... $90 shipped.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Originally Posted by 02type-s
ARC makes the best looking heat treated titainum lugs. Only problem is, you wont find them unless you go to Japan to get them. The guy who owns these went on vacation to Japan and picked them up while he was there. I cant find them on the internet anywhere..

Damn those look great.

Ive seen the ones on aj-racing, and evasive.

So i guess im narrowed down to paying 200+ and having open lugs. And i dont want the stud going beyond the lug, but dont want the extended lugs sticking 5ft off my wheels...ah the hasle of good looking parts

Thanks guys
Old 07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
Originally Posted by datplayaz
T1R Titanium Lug Nuts

http://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/pro...0&cat=6&page=1