Pothole vs. Work SC1's.. Pothole-2, Work Wheels-0..NO BUENO!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pothole vs. Work SC1's.. Pothole-2, Work Wheels-0..NO BUENO!

Got these two lil bends in the wheel. Took them this morning to fastforwardwheels over off the 710. There gonna have it back to me by then end of they day. WAHOO.. Just in time for the 3-20 meet. Im also in the market for some new rims. Dunno what kind but I think Imma keep it in the family n go for some VS-XX. Well heres the pics of the lil bends.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doblado rueda...

atleast they are minor.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

:shakesfistatsky: for k00lt1nt
Old 03-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Souljah

:shakesfistatsky: for k00lt1nt
HAHAHA.. thats wat i told my friend when i saw them. "I shake my fist at you city of LA Puente! HAHAHA awesome sauce
Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Pro

whoa!!!!!!!! what are the sizes and do you have a full picture of them on the car??? I have the same wheels and Discount Tire messed my first set up by scratching the lip and me and the tire place tried to find someone to fix these wheels and NOONE.... (including calling WORK for their input on a good shop) guaranteed they could fix the lip exactly like Work originally did due to it being a anodized polished lip. Do you have any updated pictures on this wheel fixed?? im really looking forward to an update being that i have 2 sets of these wheels now....old scratched set and new flawless set and i wanna get the other set fixed.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Hello Officer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
ouch man. That sucks, good thing you got it fixed. See you at the meet.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pearlite TL
whoa!!!!!!!! what are the sizes and do you have a full picture of them on the car??? I have the same wheels and Discount Tire messed my first set up by scratching the lip and me and the tire place tried to find someone to fix these wheels and NOONE.... (including calling WORK for their input on a good shop) guaranteed they could fix the lip exactly like Work originally did due to it being a anodized polished lip. Do you have any updated pictures on this wheel fixed?? im really looking forward to an update being that i have 2 sets of these wheels now....old scratched set and new flawless set and i wanna get the other set fixed.

he wassup pearlite TL.. I have 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 in the rear. I will have an updated picture later today when I pick up my wheel from my friend. (He went to get it for me since Im at work all day." But if you in Los Angeles, I took it to Fast Forward Wheels in Monterey Park. My friend said he couldnt even tell it was bent. As far as the scratches if you dont need it bent, I had my lips repolished a while ago really cheap at a place that all they do is polish metals. I just took my wheel to them and the next day they had it ready for me. Again if you in Los Angeles or near then PM and ill give you the info of where to get it done. Imma take my wheels back soon to get touched up. But the scratches is not a huge deal as long as its not deep scratches and no grinding is needed. Feel free to contact me.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by II LeGeNDz II
ouch man. That sucks, good thing you got it fixed. See you at the meet.
Yah got it fixed in time. Awesome sauce. See you Saturday.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Good to hear it's fixed. Keep us posted.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by k00lt1nt
he wassup pearlite TL.. I have 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 in the rear. I will have an updated picture later today when I pick up my wheel from my friend. (He went to get it for me since Im at work all day." But if you in Los Angeles, I took it to Fast Forward Wheels in Monterey Park. My friend said he couldnt even tell it was bent. As far as the scratches if you dont need it bent, I had my lips repolished a while ago really cheap at a place that all they do is polish metals. I just took my wheel to them and the next day they had it ready for me. Again if you in Los Angeles or near then PM and ill give you the info of where to get it done. Imma take my wheels back soon to get touched up. But the scratches is not a huge deal as long as its not deep scratches and no grinding is needed. Feel free to contact me.
Yea i would have to say that these wheels have some alright "deep" scratches. They didn't use any type of bushings on the wheel machine when installing the tire so it resulted in many scratches. I just had talked to MANY shops about getting them fixed and noone could guarantee the final finish because it was almost impossible to make it look like the original finish. Anyways thanks for the great info and i definitely would like to see some pictures!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Yea i would have to say that these wheels have some alright "deep" scratches. They didn't use any type of bushings on the wheel machine when installing the tire so it resulted in many scratches. I just had talked to MANY shops about getting them fixed and noone could guarantee the final finish because it was almost impossible to make it look like the original finish. Anyways thanks for the great info and i definitely would like to see some pictures!!!
Sorry about pics i have a couple of threads on here.. heres a few.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/wahoo-some-new-pics-after-bath-720062/

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/some-new-pics-morning-dew-701350/

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/some-new-pics-693657/

As for how they scratched your lips id mkae them buy me new rims. If they were careless in their own install process then you should demand that they re-buy you the ones the ruined. Even though it might be fixable it just isnt the same since you brought them brand new rims to install that they ruined.
Interested to know what happens. Keep us posted on the outcome.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Pro

they already bought me new wheels and i just got those installed last saturday. I bought back the other ones just for a spare set. I am just looking to get them fixed now
Old 03-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Pro

i have 19x9.5 +30 all around
Old 03-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Instructor

i have 19x9.5 +30 all around
wow 9.5 =30 in front. Interesting cuz I wanna move my back wheel up the the front.. its a 9.5 +35. And i wanna get 10.5 +30 in the rears. Imma look more into that.
Well anyway here the pics of my repaired wheel. Cant even tell where the bends were. Super happy with the job Fast Foward Wheels did. They didnt even crack the anondized lip and have to re-polish. Awesome job! 2 thumbs up.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Pro

yes yes it seems they did a great job by the pictures... damn shops around here probably just lazy!!!!! i was thinking doing 10.5 in rear with O disk but i wanted to be able and rotate
Old 03-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

I still see it.

jk. It looks brand new.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by enigmaos
I still see it.

jk. It looks brand new.

HAHAHA.. damn i was lookin at the picture like "where?? i dont see it?"

then today i finally saw the "jk. It looks brand new. " hahahaha
Old 03-17-2010, 01:16 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Cost?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by princelybug
Cost?
hey wassup princelybug. It was 115 to take out all the bends. And it doesnt matter if there was 20 bends or just 1. Theyll take em all out for the same price. did a good jop of shining em up for me too. Next step in a few weeks imma take off all four rims to take to get the inner lips all polished out. So it has a fat polished lip on the inside as well. Ill post pics After I do that also.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

What kind of wheel wax or polish?
Old 05-27-2010, 10:51 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by k00lt1nt
ouchh...

what offsets are you running?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
I have the same wheels and Discount Tire messed my first set up by scratching the lip and me and the tire place tried to find someone to fix these wheels and NOONE.... (including calling WORK for their input on a good shop) guaranteed they could fix the lip exactly like Work originally did due to it being a anodized polished lip.
The shops in your area must suck then... I accidently curbed my Work wheels rounding a corner in a parking structure... I thought for sure I'd be buying a new wheel, cuz I had a gouge right on the polished lip. Took it to "Skip's Wheel Works", and when I got my wheel back, I couldn't even tell the wheel was ever damaged.