Notices

Offset of OE A-Spec 18x8.5 Wheels

 
Old 02-16-2019, 06:51 AM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 36
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Offset of OE A-Spec 18x8.5 Wheels

Just curious if anyone knew the offset of the factory A-Spec 18x8.5 wheels for the 3G TL? I am considering a 18x8.5 wheel for my car and was curious what Acura felt was an appropriate offset.

I found one place that said 45et and another that said 42et. Would be nice to know.

Thnak you for any help help you can provide.

(I am not interested in info on the 18x8 version.)
BAF656 is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 07:15 AM
  #2  
-------Tim-------
 
Slpr04UA6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl
Age: 40
Posts: 2,164
Liked 485 Times in 418 Posts
Pretty sure it’s 45 for all oem wheels.
Slpr04UA6 is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 08:25 AM
  #3  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,600
Liked 811 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by BAF656 View Post
Just curious if anyone knew the offset of the factory A-Spec 18x8.5 wheels for the 3G TL? I am considering a 18x8.5 wheel for my car and was curious what Acura felt was an appropriate offset.

I found one place that said 45et and another that said 42et. Would be nice to know.

Thnak you for any help help you can provide.

(I am not interested in info on the 18x8 version.)
Keep in mind, if your 3G TL has front Brembo brakes, you need one extra measurement, back spacing, in addition to offset to be sure the new wheels will clear your brakes.
horseshoez is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 08:46 AM
  #4  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 36
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by horseshoez View Post
Keep in mind, if your 3G TL has front Brembo brakes, you need one extra measurement, back spacing, in addition to offset to be sure the new wheels will clear your brakes.
thats good feedback. I have the brembo 4 piston front caliper.

i’m considering the Rota Titan 18x8.5 44et (with a 235/40-18 Hankook RS4 that has a unique 8.6” thread width) and am curious if that offset is slightly more or less than the A-Spec 18x8.5. I might consider a “hubcentric-ring integrated” 3mm spacer to achieve an offset closer to the 42et if that is, indeed, the correct offset of the a-spec 18x8.5 option.



BAF656 is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 09:16 AM
  #5  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,600
Liked 811 Times in 605 Posts
Good looking wheel. I just poked around a bit and find it shocking how difficult it is to get any real fitment specs for Rota wheels. This may end up being a case where you'll need to find a retailer with the wheel in stock and do a trial fitment. If you have a 2006 or later TL there may also be the issue of the TPMS sensors and whether they're mountable inside the wheels (probably a pretty good chance they'll fit but better safe than sorry).
horseshoez is offline  
Old 02-20-2019, 08:27 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
mhtut83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New York
Age: 35
Posts: 190
Liked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Here you go: Will They Fit?


Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 1mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 1mm more than before.

Seems to make no difference...?
mhtut83 is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 07:07 AM
  #7  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 36
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mhtut83 View Post
Here you go: Will They Fit?


Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 1mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 1mm more than before.

Seems to make no difference...?
Thank you for making me aware of this website. The biggest concern I have now is clearing the Brembo calipers on the front axle. It seems there is a considerable issues particular to our vehicles due to the shallow rotor “hat” that really amplified the clearance problem. I’ve found a few dealers who seem to guarantee fitment. I’m worried to get “stuck” with a wheel set that will not clear... (prefer no spacers).
BAF656 is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 07:31 AM
  #8  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,600
Liked 811 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by BAF656 View Post


Thank you for making me aware of this website. The biggest concern I have now is clearing the Brembo calipers on the front axle. It seems there is a considerable issues particular to our vehicles due to the shallow rotor “hat” that really amplified the clearance problem. I’ve found a few dealers who seem to guarantee fitment. I’m worried to get “stuck” with a wheel set that will not clear... (prefer no spacers).
In the case of Brembo equipped cars, it isn't so much a shallow rotor hat as it is a very wide caliper.
horseshoez is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:14 AM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
nfnsquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: MAGA country
Posts: 11,379
Liked 1,543 Times in 1,160 Posts
The 18x8 Aspec wheel will clear the Brembos. Not sure about the 18 x 8.5 Aspec wheel. Pretty sure it does.
nfnsquared is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 06:27 AM
  #10  
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)
iTrader: (1)
 
gatrhumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 33,340
Liked 1,139 Times in 767 Posts
I have the OEM 18x8.5 A-spec wheels on my TL-S and they clear the Brembos just fine.
gatrhumpy is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 07:13 PM
  #11  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,460
Liked 596 Times in 461 Posts
Originally Posted by horseshoez View Post
Keep in mind, if your 3G TL has front Brembo brakes, you need one extra measurement, back spacing, in addition to offset to be sure the new wheels will clear your brakes.

Backspacing is just the distance from inner lip to mounting surface.

Spoke design plays a big part in brake clearance.

Those Rota Titans in the photo should clear Brembo's without issue.
BROlando is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 08:40 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
horseshoez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southern New Hampshire
Age: 63
Posts: 4,600
Liked 811 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by BROlando View Post
Backspacing is just the distance from inner lip to mounting surface.

Spoke design plays a big part in brake clearance.

Those Rota Titans in the photo should clear Brembo's without issue.
So in what way are you trying to correct me? If the back spacing is wrong, the spokes of the wheel will not clear the front of the caliper; simple as that.
horseshoez is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
R1ck
3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension
7
04-06-2011 04:39 PM
libert69
Car Parts for Sale
2
06-01-2010 11:34 PM
pearlite TL
Car Parts for Sale
17
09-24-2009 07:00 AM
happytang
3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension
12
06-25-2009 05:22 PM
brabusamg55
3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension
7
07-21-2007 01:35 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Offset of OE A-Spec 18x8.5 Wheels


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.