OEM Brembo rotors lifespan

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by RedWhip07
My brother is a Honda/Accura tech at the local dealership....told me that you can have good rotos (not warped at all) but still have the warped rotor sensation in the breaks.

Told me this could be from two things:
1). Moisture can get between the rotor and the hub and can eventually lead to rust and other sorts of damage. Mother nature can be a whore...have you ever seen what tree roots can do to houses and rocks and such??!!??!?

2). Soft (sometimes crappy) pads can cause minuscule sections of dust build up on the rotors themselves...we're talking real minuscule here. But over time, this can lead to build ups that can give the sensation of warped rotors. I'm not saying that harder pads are better. In my opinion, if you like to drive your car hard, get hard pads, just realize that you'll probably be changing them more frequently. This is a simple concept.

Kostyan - this could be true that your rotors might need to be replaced, but if I were you, I would try to save as much coin as possible and get them turned. But if you drive your car hard, maybe just say "screw it" and get drilled and slotted rotors and hard pads. Only realize that contact between these two leads to friction, friction leads to heat, heat leads to expansion.

Can anyone verify that they've heard these two points above please...just so i'm not thinking i'm a complete riitard.
Uneven pad deposits. I battled this with my stock 5at brakes since new up until I installed the BBK. I still get scared once in a while under hard braking because I'm so used to the shaking from pad deposits.