Northern Virginia shop for parts installs, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Northern Virginia shop for parts installs, etc

Can anyone in NOVA reccomend a good shop for springs, shocks, etc installs. I had a good place in MD called CIC performance that did a good job on my springs for around $200. Hoping I can find a place like that here in Northern Virginia.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Quality Tire in Woodbridge. Kevin the installer has done a few TL's already. He just did some springs on a friends TL. Not to mention I highly recommend him and Quality Tire.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Bring It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gonna have to check it out. The next thing on my list is the TEIN SS.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:49 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Or we could throw an install day and help everyone out. Suspension for the most part is easy. As well as everything else on this car.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:44 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Or we could throw an install day and help everyone out. Suspension for the most part is easy. As well as everything else on this car.
Hell yes.... I would be all over this....

I have done all of my own work so I could contribute with install stuff but I do not know if I want to tackle the suspension install..... I know xtin and I have both been shopping and looking for some Teins and install.....

I work at Quantico so I will look for this place in Wodbridge but I think an install day would be a great idea!
Old 04-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by jmbnova
Hell yes.... I would be all over this....

I have done all of my own work so I could contribute with install stuff but I do not know if I want to tackle the suspension install..... I know xtin and I have both been shopping and looking for some Teins and install.....

I work at Quantico so I will look for this place in Wodbridge but I think an install day would be a great idea!

The place is off of Telegraph Rd. in Woodbridge next to IKEA.

I might even be willing enough to host the install day. Suspension is really easy. We could probably lower 3-4 cars in a day if they have full coilovers going in. Full swap of springs may be a little longer. However, I've done it all plus I'm sure my friend wouldn't mind loaning me his air compressor again. Hell I might even be able to persuade him to help some. Then we could probably have a small BBQ. Just a thought anyways.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:00 AM
How may I help you.....?

Im in... just say the word and I will try to set it up and get some people there..... Do you have room to host? If not, I might be able to find somewhere..... emphasis on might but I can see what I can do.... We could plan it for a month or so out so people could order there stuff....

tzakiel - not trying to hijack your thread... but this might help you out with what you need...
Old 04-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Im in... just say the word and I will try to set it up and get some people there..... Do you have room to host? If not, I might be able to find somewhere..... emphasis on might but I can see what I can do.... We could plan it for a month or so out so people could order there stuff....

tzakiel - not trying to hijack your thread... but this might help you out with what you need...

Yes, I have plenty of room... a 2 car garage.... tools.... etc...
Old 04-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Bring It

i'm down for it. we can plan a place and time in about a month or so, it should work. great idea!

tzakiel-this might save you some $$, plus we get some grease on our fingers
Old 08-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Did yhis ever happen?

I'm looking for a NoVa shop to put in my CAI and possible TEIN SSs
Old 08-03-2006, 05:03 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by Booker357
I'm looking for a NoVa shop to put in my CAI and possible TEIN SSs
Can't do your Teins, but I can do your CAI....
Old 08-03-2006, 05:56 PM
アキュラ 力

Several members from AZ have used Dennis and have been quite happy with him. I personally have not had work done by him but I've heard nothing but good things. Just thought I's pass on the info.

http://www.i-modify.com/
Old 08-03-2006, 06:21 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Can't do your Teins, but I can do your CAI....
I can do Teins... I can do anything . I missed the last GTG, so I need to give back a bit.

I've done HID fogs, interior gutting for AV install, suspension, RSB, CAI, Thermoblocks, about to do procats. Bout the only thing I won't do is clear headlights... too much liability.

Got lots of tools too. We'd need a spring compressor for spring replacement though.

jmb, set it up, and I'll spend a Saturday helping/coaching thought whatever our NoVA bretheren. Mid September?
Old 08-03-2006, 06:22 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Several members from AZ have used Dennis and have been quite happy with him. I personally have not had work done by him but I've heard nothing but good things. Just thought I's pass on the info.

http://www.i-modify.com/

Dennis is the man.... If you want to know about his creds... look HERE

He has done some work for me as well... He stands by all of the work he does. Used to be a mech for Acura...
Old 08-03-2006, 06:24 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by Kennedy
I can do Teins... I can do anything . I missed the last GTG, so I need to give back a bit.

I've done HID fogs, interior gutting for AV install, suspension, RSB, CAI, Thermoblocks, about to do procats. Bout the only thing I won't do is clear headlights... too much liability.

Got lots of tools too. We'd need a spring compressor for spring replacement though.

jmb, set it up, and I'll spend a Saturday helping/coaching thought whatever our NoVA bretheren. Mid September?

Works for me... Would love to get together and do some work....

Speaking of which, I have the A-Spec suspension sitting in my house... With a set of Comptech springs...
Old 08-03-2006, 06:32 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Works for me... Would love to get together and do some work....

Speaking of which, I have the A-Spec suspension sitting in my house... With a set of Comptech springs...
A-Spec struts with comptech springs? or are you doing Konis? You'd be too low for your commute. I'd stick with straight A-Spec.

You should just come over some Friday after work (I'm in Stafford). You buy the beer.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:44 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by Kennedy
A-Spec struts with comptech springs? or are you doing Konis? You'd be too low for your commute. I'd stick with straight A-Spec.

You should just come over some Friday after work (I'm in Stafford). You buy the beer.
Yep.. A-SPec struts/Comptech springs... But I have the A-Spec springs too... not sure what type of setup I should go with....

Can you swap the springs??
Old 08-04-2006, 07:48 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

We'd need to borrow a spring compressor from ustozone, but yeah... no big deal.

Yep.. A-SPec struts/Comptech springs... But I have the A-Spec springs too... not sure what type of setup I should go with....

Can you swap the springs??
Old 08-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Instructor

Wow, this sounds cool. I'd definitely be interested and can provide beer/food to compensate for my mechanical inabilitys...lol

Unfortunately, I'd probably only be able to get a RSB by mid-next month or so. Possibily a CAI... Eventually I'd want to also do the suspension, but will need to wait till next year

Please let me know if this does happen though. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:50 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by xavier25
Wow, this sounds cool. I'd definitely be interested and can provide beer/food to compensate for my mechanical inabilitys...lol

Unfortunately, I'd probably only be able to get a RSB by mid-next month or so. Possibily a CAI... Eventually I'd want to also do the suspension, but will need to wait till next year

Please let me know if this does happen though. Thanks!
FYI we have a meet tomorrow if you can make it out: https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/dc-metro-d-b-meet-cruise-12-aug-344222/ This will not be an install meet but it will be a meet, greet, and cruise meet.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
FYI we have a meet tomorrow if you can make it out: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344222 This will not be an install meet but it will be a meet, greet, and cruise meet.
I wish I could come out... but I'm finishing up classes until the end of this month. Afterwards though, i'll make it out. Thanks for the heads up.