need your advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 06:55 PM

Post need your advice

I found a great deal on 17x7 DTM rims. However, they have a +43 offset. I have read the posts in this forum and some have said a +42 offset is fine and others have said look for an offset of +46 or greater. Currently my car is not lowered but maybe in the future. Can anyone tell me it rims will fit now and if they will fit if i get the car lowered, 2 inches if any. Will i have to roll the fenders? Sounds like a nasty process. I really what these rims because I am getting such a good price but will not get them if I will have problems while they are on. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-22-2001, 09:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

From what I have seen, a +43 on a 7inch width is fine, especially if your car is not lowered. If you lower it CONSERVATIVELY in the future, you still should not have a problem. If, by some chance, they do rub, it will probably happen in the rear with a full car of people.

Rims with the perfect offset are tough to come by at a decent price, so I would say go for it.

I am sure you know this, but make sure the bolt pattern is 5x114.3 and also check the actual tread width of different branded tires in the size you want. Some could be different and actually wider than the others.

------------------

Under Body Kit/Rear Wing Spoiler/26 Piece Wood Grain Console/BurlWood Shift Knob/30% Smoke Tint/Comptech Sways & Springs/02 Tails/Altstadt I's on order/Clear AEM CAI on the way!!

More Pics
Moderator Acura-TL.com Tires/Wheels Forum