How much did you pay for your rims? Please post here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking How much did you pay for your rims? Please post here...

Let start a thread of how much everyone paid for their rims. Im getting rims within two weeks. I wanna get an idea of prices paid.

please post:

1.Price paid
2.type of wheels and tires
3.size
4.if possible , where did you purchase wheels

Old 07-25-2005, 05:01 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Buy From Ebay Dealers - Stay Out Of Your Local Dealer!

Buy your rims/tires from ebay for gods sake! I got mine from the dealer as I figured it was safer than shipping them across the country- but the dealer wants a fortune! Acura of Escondido is the place to go though! I quoted my dealer the ebay pricing and they pretty much treated me like a peice of shit....a matter of fact, I was told that they were not in the business to negotiate pricing on ANY parts, period! BUT....they did eventually get CLOSE to what Acura of Escondido was selling them for as I continued to beat them up - so I went for it. Got the car back and found that the next morning they already had rim rash and I had went nowhere except for back to the office and back home (15 miles max) and nothing happened during the trip? Was totally pissed....then the dealer calls for the satisfaction survey - well....I hit them right between the eyes with the facts - they begged me to come in so they could "make it right". Well....lets just say that after they outright called me a liar (I think her actual words were....I think something stinks here, but if I would agree not to bash her in a survey if they called back...she would agree to "eat" the wheel.....and this was only after having tried to get me to agree somehow to let them repair the rim (as if I paid for repaired rims?) - well...I agreed to not bash her if Acura called....FUNNY THING IS THIS...IF THEY WERE WORRIED SO MUCH ABOUT ACURA SURVEYS, YOU THINK THEY WOULD PAY MORE ATTENTION TO THE STEPS THAT LEAD UP TO IT...LIKE THE BASIC WORK YOU CAME IN FOR...NOT AFTER THE FACT! Lets just say that Ed Martin Acura pretty much sucks in Indiana...they really made me wonder why I did not buy from Ebay dealer in California ....I mean jesus...It is an Acura dealer too! After having been called a liar from Ed Martin for expecting to get what I paid for (and that is why I didnt call the very next day....because I knew they would turn it into a fight and I really did not have the time and mindset for that with all I had going on at the time....BUT SHIT...THEY CALLED ME AND ASKED WHICH IS WHAT STARTED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE AND I CAN ONLY TAKE IT WAS THE REASON THEY CALLED?) I think they took a set off a demo they had originally and tried to sell them to me or something, because the rash or "notch" on the lip of the rim did not come from me. I know rims and tires, and if I had done it....I wouldnt had said a word. I truely believe this happened at the dealer (I did truely wonder why there was tire dressing applied ALL OVER BOTH THE RIMS AND TIRES when I picked it up, but hey...some people just dont understand how/when to use tire dressing- and it was raining...so I didnt think I had to do a one by one rim inspection right from the get-go (highly recommend after having gone through this). I think the tire guy at the dealer knocked it on the rack or something or they were taken off a demo and nobody noticed/cared about the damage since it was a "negotiated" deal? It was only pointed out to me five times before I left from different parties that Geez...you got a good deal on these didnt you>? (no , just a fair deal....and not even what could have gotten them from a California dealer and shipped all the way to Indiana - so dont be stupid like I was....BUY FROM EBAY OR LOOK AT THE ACURA DEALERS ON EBAY....THEY WILL GIVE YOU A FAIR PRICE TO WORK WITH and wont even treat you like you are a bad-guy either....they are really good people!

Here are the few I have seen that appear reputable and fair on ebay:

Acura of Escondido (my all time #1 choice)
Curry Acura
Comptech even sells on ebay - follow from their site! (not rim related though)

Bottom line....buy your stuff from EBAY.....just make sure it is an Acura dealer. Acura of Escondido comes highly recommended by myself.

Since my local dealer "does not negotiate pricing on parts" but then does when you press them....they have LOST and Acura of Escondido has more than EARNED (and yes, I did say EARNED...THEY ROCK!) my business on the A-Spec body kit, the A-Spec Suspension, CompTech Exhaust, CompTech Swaybar, Painted Rear Spoiler, Oak shifter knob, Window Visors, upgraded clear floor mats (pretty cool...keeps your stockers brand new looking underneath) etc. I only wish I had bought my rims and tires from them too. Geez...I wonder if those parts guys knew/even cared how much business they chased away! All I can say is that they really should treat people better...dont expect to pay that much for a car and get treated like a 2nd class citizen afterwards. Sales kisses your ass....parts and service then treat you like shit....thats Ed Martin Acura in Indianapolis! (at least so far...if it changes...I will let you know) I really should admit...in service it was the service manager who called me a liar and then replaced my rim (if she really thought I was lying...why would you then replace something)....EVERYBODY ELSE WAS REAL NICE.
I guess she may have thought I was lying....but to say so and then ask for a positive survey in the same sentence is completely friggin stupid! IF she worked in my dealer...I would have showed her the door...thats pretty 101 type stuff! It is dealers who put their service bays in the hands of obviously underqualified individuals that help drive the business to other ebay dealers....dont blame me lady!
Again...BOTTOM LINE....EBAY IS YOUR BEST DEAL IN MANY MANY CASES! Check it out!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long did it take you to type that??
Old 07-26-2005, 11:29 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Not long at all....I type all day....so can get REAL wordy real quick. Sorry.

Just want people to know that there are good deals to be had on ebay and that they should check there for competitive pricing from other dealers rather than start with the dealer at all....and that our dealer here locally really sux!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:41 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I will second Acura of Escondido as a place to buy parts from...always cheaper from them plus shipping across country than PRE-tax from my local dealer. Service is excellent, and you always get what you're supposed to.

Oh yeah, did you see this thread?

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15225

Or this one...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117535

They're stickies at the top of the page.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:18 PM
05 AM 6sp w/ Navi

$1460
18x8 Gunmetal Falken Torque 5's
Nitto 555 Extreme Performance 245/40/18
Discount Tire
Old 07-26-2005, 05:19 PM
Intermediate

TSW Catalunya 18's with Nitto 555 Extreme Performance 245/40/18

I absolutely love my new rims and tires. $1350 They look great. 19's look better of course. For performance get the 18's though. Grey or hyper silver. Both look great. Check out their web site. Also, you can just pop in the acura center caps. Look totally factory. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome. Soooo Happy.

Discount Tire Direct
Old 07-26-2005, 10:07 PM
05 WDP TL

yeh i can say that acura of Escondido are awesome!! i purchased my aspec kit from them online and when it got here the sideskirts were scratched up....i emailed him and he second day aired another set to me free of charge and said he would take care of the other set...awesome guy and quick reply on emails.....

anyways back to the question

paid $2600 for my

19*8 iforged aeros with tires
along with the tein ss coilovers suspension

bought it from the black market thread on this website.....

awesome guy as well...helped me swap out the suspension and rims on a hot hot sunday afternoon!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Red line...use it

Ebay...OEM 17" wheels for $600 (including shipping). Used for winter wheels. Very tough to find winter wheels for the MT, so decided to go with used OEM.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Intermediate

20" by 8 1/2 volk gtc's in gunmetal. $3400 w/ tires on wdp. peace!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Pro

1. $2700.00
2. RacingHart Pro J5
3. 19x8 +43 offset
4. America's Tire Co.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Instructor

1. $2900.00 shipped
2. Dforged DF1 w/ BF Goodrich g-force T/A 245/35/20
3. 20x8.5
4. Tire and Wheel Design in sunny CA.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Tire/rim cost

$1900
Moda R6 18x8
Yokohama AVS db2 245-40
Tire Rack
Old 07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Racer

$980
Old 07-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Racer

$980 - 18" A-Spec Rims from Acura of Escondido. Great deals!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Free

OEM Chrome Rims. The dealer threw them in to complete the sale