HELP ! my tire situation today PVC ELS 42 OB6N

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP ! my tire situation today PVC ELS 42 OB6N

i had recently scheduled an oil change for my mothers 04 acura TL. a few days before the appointment the right front tire had a flat. the AAA tow guy said it was due to running over some glass. he said the tires had a lot of wear and the mileage is roughly 17000miles on the entire car. he said they shouldn't be this worn out. i am now at the dealership 'ACURA OF PLEASANTON" in california. the service department lady even got up to come out of the office to go look at the flat tire like she knew something. she was really rude with me to start off with. she kept saying that i ran the tires "low" ? and that is why the sides of the tires were all worn out and led to the flat in my tire. i kept telling her that the dealership should replace my tires for free because the tires are very bad. she kept on saying that the car was ran "LOW" well i had a little confrontation with her and told her that i wanted the new tires and she proceeded to say she can't because she truely believes that this was my problem and i was the cause of it. at this my i just told her that i was going to take this to honda of america and walked off. man i am so pissed. what ever happened to "the customer is always right" ?????
Old 10-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Advanced

btw i bought this car the first day it came out. so the tires are the kind that people mention having problems with. i also would like to add that i told her there was vibration in the tires and she went as far as to say but you brought your car in for an oil change not for the vibration issue. what am i supose to make another appointment to come in a tell her what i just told her ? that there was vibration in the car due to tires ? man this lady acts like shes a fucking acura certified technician.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:12 PM
aw1
Pro

you should bring this issue up with her manager.. good luck..
Old 10-07-2004, 08:48 PM
2nd Gear

I am sorry to say but it the tire pressure was low then yes the outer edges of the tires will wear more quickly than the tread in the middle of the tires. Also, unfortunately because of the obvious irregular wear on the tires now there really is no way to claim that they were bad tires to begin with. I'm sorry man, but at this point I think the only thing you can do is just buy some new tires. However, you are right in regards to the attitude of the service writer, she should not have been so rude.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Advanced

the tire preasures were never low. i check them weekly along with the coolant and oil. the sides were bald because my mother uses this car daily becuase she drives up a road where she works called crow canyon road. i'm pretty sure this lady didn't know what she was talking about. she was just the service representative. she just sits in the office and types up appointments and schedule what the customer wants done and paper work. she went as far is to getting up and going outside to look at the tire herself. i don't think she is certified to do that . this might be highly illegal for her to be giving me estimates and crap on things "I" should do to my car.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Advanced

update: i'm not a person who gets really violent and crazy. yes i am really pissed. i am also a very easily timid person and beleive that i was treated unfairly. all in all i really don't know what to do so i just left it the way it was. i just wanted to inform all of the TL community that this has happend to me and might happen to others. after leaving the dealership i listened to violent rap lyrics that made me feel better. i called up my older brother who just opened a mechanic shop and had him order me a whole new set of tires. he installed,balanced,and alligned my car for free. all i paid for was the tires with no tax. i'm feeling a bit better.