Help me with Dealership Request

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Help me with Dealership Request

guys...my EL42's are basically bald....and the winer is coming...and its not safe...and id rather not pay for new tires...until i get my new wheels but thats not gonna be till january or feb. ive read on the forum that some people go to the dealership and ask for new tires and they replace them because of the known suckiness of the tires. but i figure these people are older and they are in their 20's...but im only 17 so im somewhat limited. how would i go about asking the dealer for new tires? does the dealership HAVE to give me new tires? what can i say...if i walk in there and tell them...yea..i know its a known problem that the EL42's wear down fast.....can u replace them for me...and then they say...sure...thatll be $90 bucks a tire...what do i say? im in a desperate situation with winter coming up...any advice...or anything around that area would be greatly appreciated....id most likely be going to DCH Montclair...so maybe Montclair Acura could chime in?
Old 11-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're simply looking at having to pay for tires, I would say. But you can always ask. If you do have to pay you probably want to find a store with good deals on good tires rather than taking whatever the dealer has and wants to charge.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
6MT & LSD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cheap bastid...

On a more serious note, how many miles do you have on the tires?
Old 11-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

i bought the car with 3k miles on it....and the dealership replaced the tires..brand new...so about 14k on them...they are actually bald.....im an aggressive driver...would it just make sense to buy good snow tires and throw them on the stocks? and then when i get new rims....just put some good tires on there?
Old 11-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
guys...my EL42's are basically bald....and the winer is coming...and its not safe...and id rather not pay for new tires...until i get my new wheels but thats not gonna be till january or feb. ive read on the forum that some people go to the dealership and ask for new tires and they replace them because of the known suckiness of the tires. but i figure these people are older and they are in their 20's...but im only 17 so im somewhat limited. how would i go about asking the dealer for new tires? does the dealership HAVE to give me new tires? what can i say...if i walk in there and tell them...yea..i know its a known problem that the EL42's wear down fast.....can u replace them for me...and then they say...sure...thatll be $90 bucks a tire...what do i say? im in a desperate situation with winter coming up...any advice...or anything around that area would be greatly appreciated....id most likely be going to DCH Montclair...so maybe Montclair Acura could chime in?
I am 17 also but the car is my moms. I went with her and used the information I had learned on this site to get her a new set of tires. First how many miles do you have?
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=el-42 there is the thread i made on it. Basisically my moms were worn after 12K. As soon as O got to the dealer I looked at the new Tl's in the lot and what a suprise no EL-42's on them. I told the service person the tires were dead and it had only been 12k miles and that was unacceptable. She tried to play it off like this was all new. then i said wait so ur gonna try to tell me this isn't a common problem?? and she was like yea do u know anyone else with this problem? I was like yea uh lots. If this wasn't a problem then why have all of the TL's in the front had the tires changed she sad some bs like oh maybe it was a model change and I just laughed. She said she would have them checked out. Got a call the next day saying new tires were on for free Baisically my advice is do ur research on this site and go to the dealer informed and don't listen to their crap. and ur lucky u have a TL at 17
Old 11-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

thanks man...that thread is helpful...im gonna give it a try......ive done the research...im just not sure of my odds...i have 17k on the car but my tires have been bald for like 2k already...everywhere i go...i always slip...and slide...i don't even hear the screech anymore..its just like sliding
Old 11-06-2005, 05:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
u can also just get the cheap pepboys tires. they normally list 4 tires for $100. or go to newark (route 21) and pick up cheap used tires.

good luck at the dealers...hope you can pull off the free ones..
Old 11-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I don't think you can get new ones for free from the dealer, whatever makes you think you can do that? These tires are known to wear down quickly. You admit to being an aggressive driver. The dealer's going to see right through you, no matter how old you are.

You should just look into getting some cheapy tires, there are deals everywhere. Or you can order online, for even cheaper....

Moving to "tires..."