H&R RSB setting

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R RSB setting

Just got an H&R rsb and I'm planning to install it tomorrow. This bar is adjustable and has two settings. Has anyone installed the H&R rsb and which setting did you use. The inside (firm) or outer most setting, which is less firm. Thanx
Old 08-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Real Cars Have 3 Pedals

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the progress 24mm RSB....I got mines set to the inside, which is the stiffest setting.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by CT-TLS
Just got an H&R rsb and I'm planning to install it tomorrow. This bar is adjustable and has two settings. Has anyone installed the H&R rsb and which setting did you use. The inside (firm) or outer most setting, which is less firm. Thanx

This would depend on what version of the TL you have.

If you have an auto, run it on the soft setting or it's going to be tail happy.

If it's a manual, the soft setting will likely be better but it could go either way.

With the Type S and it's much stiffer FSB, the firm setting will likely work the best.

I've never run the H&R rear bar but I do have the Progress rear and H&R front. The FSB was the last mod I did so I know how tail happy the firm RSB will make the car with the soft fsb of the auto version.

It comes down to a balancing act, the firmer the front bar, the firmer the rear bar can be without screwing up the balance.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by I hate cars
This would depend on what version of the TL you have.

If you have an auto, run it on the soft setting or it's going to be tail happy.

If it's a manual, the soft setting will likely be better but it could go either way.

With the Type S and it's much stiffer FSB, the firm setting will likely work the best.

I've never run the H&R rear bar but I do have the Progress rear and H&R front. The FSB was the last mod I did so I know how tail happy the firm RSB will make the car with the soft fsb of the auto version.

It comes down to a balancing act, the firmer the front bar, the firmer the rear bar can be without screwing up the balance.

Thanx, I have an auto TL. I'm going to set it on soft and see how it handles. I agree that if its to firm in the rear, that it can get tail happy.

I had the Eibach front and rear sways on my 03 TL-S and the front stiffer bar balanced out the rear.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
2005 WDP TL

I put my type s bar on today and had it aligned. It made a nice difference. My progress rear bar is supposed to arrive on Wednesday, so I will install it on firm. I was thinking soft and then going to firm when I install the aspec struts when I find some. So you think I should go firm now?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle-wdp
I put my type s bar on today and had it aligned. It made a nice difference. My progress rear bar is supposed to arrive on Wednesday, so I will install it on firm. I was thinking soft and then going to firm when I install the aspec struts when I find some. So you think I should go firm now?
I think it's always a good idea to start off soft and work your way up. That's always a good idea with any mod.

How did you like the type S bar on it's own? I did the rear bar first, it would be neat to know what kind of a difference it made on it's own. I know the car is going to understeer but how much of a difference did it make in body roll?

I've done so much suspension work lately trying to get the car to feel the way it should. So far added 33% more stiffness to the rear a-spec springs and I think I've got a winner.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 PM
2005 WDP TL

this is my third third gen tl. I have always done the rear first. of course I previously had an 07 type s. the addition of this bar made a noticeable difference. It feels like the front is much tighter. It really should have come with it from the factory.

I may abandon the aspec struts, I'll see when I get the rsb on. I really want to do a stereo next.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Intermediate

Installed the H&R rsb today. The kit brought new bushings with some sort of teflon lining to eliminate the need for greasing. I wish it had brought new brackets because it was a very tight squeeze onto the new bushing and bar. It took awhile to bolt them in.
I used the outer softer setting for now, and it is a noticable difference from stock. Next on the list is the A-spec suspension