Finally bit the bullet... A-Spec Suspension + RSB on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 01:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Finally bit the bullet... A-Spec Suspension + RSB on the way!

I'm pumped! After reading all of the glowing reviews of both the A-Spec Suspension and the RSB (esp. on a 5AT) I have ordered the suspension from Falconi (I have really got to stay off this forum... you guys are making me want all these toys!!! ). Scott slid me a nice deal on combined shipping with a steering wheel (yep, definitely an indulgance but I really like the feel of it over stock) so I'm on my way!!! Of course I'll do the RSB at the same time along with isolating that middle seat belt rattle my 05 has! It's going to be a FUN DAY as long as my back holds out!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Congrats!!! You'll love it, I promise. It's like a whole new, much better car. I got a deal on shipping, too...guess it's easier to send it all at once to one place. What's the deal with the steering wheel? I thought the only difference was the silver sections and blue stitching...thicker, too, maybe? Good luck with the install...I had a lot of fun when I did it.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Congrats!!! You'll love it, I promise. It's like a whole new, much better car. I got a deal on shipping, too...guess it's easier to send it all at once to one place. What's the deal with the steering wheel? I thought the only difference was the silver sections and blue stitching...thicker, too, maybe? Good luck with the install...I had a lot of fun when I did it.

Thanks! Timing is perfect as my wife has to work next weekend and it will most likely get here next thursday or friday.

It is actually thicker... and has a different 'shape' to it... it seemed to fit in my hands better (certainly filled them more) and thus gave you a more confident grip. Honestly I'm not thrilled with the silver trim, if they offered it in black I'd go for that (I have Ebony interior)... but the silver will 'go' with the aluminum parts etc I supose. It is most definitely an indulgance but I didn't feel it was ricy at all when I test drove a pre-owned 04 with the A-Spec kit. I would have gone ahead and done the A-Spec on my 05 when I bought it, but my dealer here besides wanting ALOT for it and the install does not break them up (and I'm planning on something different than the a-spec wheels/tires).

Thanks! I will most definitely post install notes and results along with perhaps comments on the steering wheel and my impressions, etc. I am goign to shop this weekend for a nice pair of jack stands and blocks for the install.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Intermediate

I am looking to buy the same thing. I know there is a dealer near me in CA, but he would prob have to charge me tax for it. I called and he didn't quote me the same prices he has on EBay.

Did you just call Falconi? And if you dont mind, what was the price you got the suspension, steering wheel, and I am assuming a CBT RSB?

I also have a 5at.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by adner
I am looking to buy the same thing. I know there is a dealer near me in CA, but he would prob have to charge me tax for it. I called and he didn't quote me the same prices he has on EBay.

Did you just call Falconi? And if you dont mind, what was the price you got the suspension, steering wheel, and I am assuming a CBT RSB?

I also have a 5at.

Thanks
I bought the steering wheel off of eBay but then called shortly afterward and asked for Scott as Lore mentioned in other threads on the suspension. He basically gave me the suspension shipped with the steering wheel for $625. The RSB (Comptech) I did a buy it now for $95 with $8 dollars shipping I believe but that was actually from a dealer there in CA. I had already done the BIN on the RSB before the Falconi purchase, but I'm sure he would match that price with no problem.

Hope that helps...
Old 05-22-2005, 02:11 PM
ASP
Earl Shod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TomSawyer, can you PM me the contact info for Scott @ Falconi. That's a smokin deal!
Old 05-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ASP
TomSawyer, can you PM me the contact info for Scott @ Falconi. That's a smokin deal!
Same please if you can PM the contact info. I will order it all this week.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

How does the steering wheel differ then the normal?
Old 05-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Msnowdon
How does the steering wheel differ then the normal?
There are quite a few threads on the forum about the a-spec steering wheel... but basically it differs in appearance (has two silver 'pads' at 9 and 3 o'clock)
and also is thicker and is slightly 'shaped' rather than round....

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94626

To me, the shape seemed 'different' than stock... but that may have been the thickness... no one seems to mention that. I'll try to write up my impressions when I get it.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

The going rate on eBay seems to be $600 for coilovers, $95 for RSB...I've seen the steering wheel for $3-something, but I think that's pretty inflated. You guys out west are lucky - you get cheap shipping! Try shipping 70lbs of large boxes across the country! The suspension wasn't too bad, but my wheels are ridiculous!

Didn't know that about the steering wheel. I saw it on an ASPEC when I bought my car. Like you, I wasn't too fond of the silver sections. You could always get some fabric dye...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Advanced

Cool

The going rate on eBay seems to be $600 for coilovers, $95 for RSB...I've seen the steering wheel for $3-something, but I think that's pretty inflated. You guys out west are lucky - you get cheap shipping! Try shipping 70lbs of large boxes across the country! The suspension wasn't too bad, but my wheels are ridiculous!

Didn't know that about the steering wheel. I saw it on an ASPEC when I bought my car. Like you, I wasn't too fond of the silver sections. You could always get some fabric dye...

Funny you mention that Chill... I have thought about doing exactly that. I'll play it by ear on the steering wheel... hopefully the silver inserts will grow on me..

Yeah, imagine the wheels were $$ to ship. I'm still way up in the air on wheels. I have considered going with a set of OZ Superleggaras like I had on my S4... those were so sweet, and so light. The unsprung weight savings made a noticable difference in performance. But going with something a little different would be cool. They are gunmetal which always looks great on Anthracite... time will tell I guess. Got to get the Suspension and RSB installed first, then see where that leaves me.....
Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Intermediate

Noob question --- what does RSB stand for??
Old 05-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Rear Sway Bar
Old 05-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Originally Posted by TomSawyer
Funny you mention that Chill... I have thought about doing exactly that. I'll play it by ear on the steering wheel... hopefully the silver inserts will grow on me..

Yeah, imagine the wheels were $$ to ship. I'm still way up in the air on wheels. I have considered going with a set of OZ Superleggaras like I had on my S4... those were so sweet, and so light. The unsprung weight savings made a noticable difference in performance. But going with something a little different would be cool. They are gunmetal which always looks great on Anthracite... time will tell I guess. Got to get the Suspension and RSB installed first, then see where that leaves me.....

I thought about getting the OZ Superleggara III's...they are pretty sweet...but kind of like you said, I wanted something different...there's a lot of cars around here with similar wheels. I opted for the RonJon Devotions, their new 3-piece wheel...should be here in a few weeks. Not too concerned about the slight decrease in performance...the TL is still damn fast. You doing your install this weekend?
Old 05-24-2005, 05:38 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

I thought about getting the OZ Superleggara III's...they are pretty sweet...but kind of like you said, I wanted something different...there's a lot of cars around here with similar wheels. I opted for the RonJon Devotions, their new 3-piece wheel...should be here in a few weeks. Not too concerned about the slight decrease in performance...the TL is still damn fast. You doing your install this weekend?

Yep... that's the plan. If I can restrain from diggin into it Thursday night when the parts arrive!!

Oh those Devotions are just... amazing. I hope you will post some pics of those on the car when you have it done. Congrats on that, very very good choice! And your right... the TL is so quick... how fast do we really need?? Ok, don't answer that... I know allll about the need for speed. When I chipped my S4, I was actually SCARED of the car for a bit, it was just insane torque. And then... somehow I got used to it... and wanted more.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
There are quite a few threads on the forum about the a-spec steering wheel... but basically it differs in appearance (has two silver 'pads' at 9 and 3 o'clock)
and also is thicker and is slightly 'shaped' rather than round....

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94626

To me, the shape seemed 'different' than stock... but that may have been the thickness... no one seems to mention that. I'll try to write up my impressions when I get it.
It also seems to be made with a higher grade/quality leather. Has a really nice feel to it.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Yep... that's the plan. If I can restrain from diggin into it Thursday night when the parts arrive!!

Oh those Devotions are just... amazing. I hope you will post some pics of those on the car when you have it done. Congrats on that, very very good choice! And your right... the TL is so quick... how fast do we really need?? Ok, don't answer that... I know allll about the need for speed. When I chipped my S4, I was actually SCARED of the car for a bit, it was just insane torque. And then... somehow I got used to it... and wanted more.
I know what you mean...mine was delivered on a Friday afternoon. I called my friend who was helping me on Saturday to see if he would leave work and start then instead.

I plan on posting some pics once I get the wheels (didn't see the point to do so before then...just a TL, we've all seen one)...car should be done then, too, unless I fall into the trap of intakes and exhaust...

How fast? I can't believe you asked that! I'd like to go out to BFE one day (Nebraska, S Dakota, etc.) where they don't have speed limits on the interstate with a really nice car...open it up with no other cars around and a view for miles...Oh yeah, I'm sure there will be a chip for the TL one of these days...
Old 05-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Advanced

Unhappy

I know what you mean...mine was delivered on a Friday afternoon. I called my friend who was helping me on Saturday to see if he would leave work and start then instead.

I plan on posting some pics once I get the wheels (didn't see the point to do so before then...just a TL, we've all seen one)...car should be done then, too, unless I fall into the trap of intakes and exhaust...

How fast? I can't believe you asked that! I'd like to go out to BFE one day (Nebraska, S Dakota, etc.) where they don't have speed limits on the interstate with a really nice car...open it up with no other cars around and a view for miles...Oh yeah, I'm sure there will be a chip for the TL one of these days...

Well I'm in torture... the suspension came today along with the steering wheel... but no Sway Bar. It is about 8... and I just got through removing the back seat and rear deck. If that is the hardest part of this install, then it'll be a piece of cake... I had it all out in 15 mins thanks to the detailed instructions here... of course, I recall getting it back in is a bitch... so perhaps I shouldn't get too cocky!

I will say that the steering wheel is SWEET! The leather is DEFINITELY higher quality... is much smoother and like what is on our seats... not like what is on the stock wheel. The grip is as I remember it, noticably thicker and seems to have a slight oblong shape peaking where the stitching is. The silver... well it's silver... cool texture... think it'll be fine. Install on that is easy greazy so I may do that tomorrow night. I am going to do the suspension + RSB install on Saturday with my Dad. I'm feeling a bit of a sore throat coming on so hopefully if I'm about to get the funk it will hold off until after the install!!

I will take a few detail pictures of the steering wheel and post.... maybe I can capture the difference that I mentioned....

It'll be interesting driving my car with no rear seat to hear all the rattles. I think this will be a great way to isolate them and KILL them. Two boxes of dynamat are ready to be installed... rear deck and both door panels once I get the moleskin in. Projects projects...
Old 05-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Well I'm in torture... the suspension came today along with the steering wheel... but no Sway Bar. It is about 8... and I just got through removing the back seat and rear deck. If that is the hardest part of this install, then it'll be a piece of cake... I had it all out in 15 mins thanks to the detailed instructions here... of course, I recall getting it back in is a bitch... so perhaps I shouldn't get too cocky!

I will say that the steering wheel is SWEET! The leather is DEFINITELY higher quality... is much smoother and like what is on our seats... not like what is on the stock wheel. The grip is as I remember it, noticably thicker and seems to have a slight oblong shape peaking where the stitching is. The silver... well it's silver... cool texture... think it'll be fine. Install on that is easy greazy so I may do that tomorrow night. I am going to do the suspension + RSB install on Saturday with my Dad. I'm feeling a bit of a sore throat coming on so hopefully if I'm about to get the funk it will hold off until after the install!!

I will take a few detail pictures of the steering wheel and post.... maybe I can capture the difference that I mentioned....

It'll be interesting driving my car with no rear seat to hear all the rattles. I think this will be a great way to isolate them and KILL them. Two boxes of dynamat are ready to be installed... rear deck and both door panels once I get the moleskin in. Projects projects...
No RSB? Did UPS loose it?

I found the seat hard to get out (only had a 2 inch extension for the socket wrench...3 or 4 inch would've been better). With a longer extension, I could see doing it in 10-15. Putting it back was easy as could be. By the way, why did you remove the rear deck? Both a socket wrench and torque wrench (for the anal folks like me) will fit into those holes on the side near the rear deck to allow you to remove the nuts on the top of the rear coilovers.

Detailed pics of the steering wheel would be interesting...maybe a couple of side-by-sides while they're both off I still don't like the silver sections and even though I liked it at first, I'm not sold on the blue stitching. I still won't get one (stock is totally fine for me), but it would be interesting to see the differences.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:14 AM
Advanced

No RSB? Did UPS loose it?

I found the seat hard to get out (only had a 2 inch extension for the socket wrench...3 or 4 inch would've been better). With a longer extension, I could see doing it in 10-15. Putting it back was easy as could be. By the way, why did you remove the rear deck? Both a socket wrench and torque wrench (for the anal folks like me) will fit into those holes on the side near the rear deck to allow you to remove the nuts on the top of the rear coilovers.

Detailed pics of the steering wheel would be interesting...maybe a couple of side-by-sides while they're both off I still don't like the silver sections and even though I liked it at first, I'm not sold on the blue stitching. I still won't get one (stock is totally fine for me), but it would be interesting to see the differences.

RSB came in last night... so I'm all set!! I took out the back deck as I wanted to address the middle seat belt rattle as well as dynamat the entire back deck to kill any potential noise as well as improve the audio sound quality.

I imagine I will do the steering wheel Sunday... my Saturday is going to be pretty full with the A-Spec and some other things that have come up now... Will defintley do some side-by-side pics...
Old 05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Bring It

Can u PM me Scott's Info. That's an awesome deal!
Old 05-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up It's alllllll done.......

Phew... what a crazy couple of days. But... sufice it to say my car has been transformed. By FAR the damn back seat was the PITA of the A-Spec install... getting it back in. Even with hanging the seat back from the screws it still didn't want to line up. I think on that one screw that goes through the post on the bottom and the bracket on the back I may have made some "new threads". But... it's tight... and the install is done. The steering wheel was beyond easy to install... just a bit scary mucking about with the airbag... I have to say, I'm REALLY glad that I got the wheel... totally unnecessary... but I really like it, esp in the car. Below are some pics I shot of the steering wheels during guts transfer. I didn't even need a wheel puller... just bumped on the wheel a couple times and it was off in my lap! My PIAA back up lights came in so I installed those real quick too. Nice even in daytime.

The rear deck by the way is SILENT and let me tell you, I can not recommend enough doing a little dynamat on the deck. I sealed up the holes going into the trunk and then any holes and whatnot I could find on the top of the deck that were not needed either for the clips to attach the deck cover or the holes in the back that vent to the trunk. I also installed 1/4 inch heavy foam weather stripping around all three speakers and the sound improvement is VERY Nice... Much more punchy mid-bass and the lows are most definitely tighter. Mainly there are absolutely no rattles, and that was the main objective.

I know there are tons of reviews on the A-Spec suspension and the CT RSB, but I will throw in my ...

Without a doubt this changes the entire character of the car. It's stance, it's willingness to be tossed about without complaints. I took a nice drive on the twisties on the Natchez Trace (very nice road with lots of exciting twisties) and was astounded at the response. To put it mildly... this car handles like a dream. Like it should. This thing did better on that drive than my 2000 S4 and my 1996 SVT Cobra did... I was quite amazed. I am of course getting the big dose at once since I installed the A-Spec suspension and RSB at the same time... but WOW. What a difference. I am so glad I spent the $ and went for this. I feel like my TL is "my own" now. I'm riding on the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 stock tires, car has 3700 miles currently. I know that with some better tires in future (Pilot A/S perhaps?) that I will get even better handling. Not really sure what I'll do in the wheel department.... my car fundage is just about tapped out.

Unfortunately I did have one casualty of war.... but it was not a major thing... I slipped while putting the middle seat belt in and put a small dink in my tint. Fortunately it was right between two of the defroster wires so didn't hurt them... and it's small. Beyond that.. no scratches or scuffs, interior looks like it did when I took it apart.... even the RSB looks great, doesn't get scratched up when both wheels are off and in the air.

Anyway.... thanks to all who have posted great reviews and install tips. They were invaluable and I do here by forgive all of you for giving me the bug to get the A-Spec kit!! It was worth all the $ and time to get it going.....

As promised... here are my steering wheel pics....

Old 05-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Nice,

Do you have any before and after of your car, I am thinking of doing that A Spec first and then wheels?

Michael
Old 05-28-2005, 06:16 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Post some pics of your car with the suspension.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Congrats! Wish I could say the same for the interior of mine post-intall. Only a couple of minor scratches, so I'll live. I think the only way to get the RSB in with no scratches is either to lower the exhaust per the instructions or have a good bit of patience (which after 6 hours of monkeying with the car, I didn't have)...even with both wheels off and the back lifted.

Nice pics of the steering wheels...I do see a slight difference in the shape. Get the fabric dye immediatly! Sorry, but seeing the two wheels side-by-side only reinforces, for me, how tacky the ASPEC wheel is.

You definitely need wheels, but they can wait. Save up to get exactly what you want...don't compromise. Congrats again and enjoy!!
Old 05-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up Before and after shots

Nice,

Do you have any before and after of your car, I am thinking of doing that A Spec first and then wheels?

Michael

Here are a couple of before and after shots... not exactly the same angle, but close... the difference is subtle and seems to have become more noticable since the install on Friday... guess it's "settled". It is exactly the kind of 'drop' I think the car needed... but mostly it's about the handling. COMPLETEY different car now. And loving that extra 20HP from the rear A-Spec badge!

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Old 05-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Not much of a drop, it might settle a little more, but looks nice.

That is a great looking house, where do you live?

Michael
Old 05-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Advanced

Talking

Not much of a drop, it might settle a little more, but looks nice.

That is a great looking house, where do you live?

Michael

I've read that it does take a bit to fully settle... Of course some 18's or 19's would fill that wheel well up nicely...

Thanks... I live in the Nashville area...
Old 05-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Thanks,

That house in California would cost an arm and many legs.

Michael
Old 05-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

Congrats! Wish I could say the same for the interior of mine post-intall. Only a couple of minor scratches, so I'll live. I think the only way to get the RSB in with no scratches is either to lower the exhaust per the instructions or have a good bit of patience (which after 6 hours of monkeying with the car, I didn't have)...even with both wheels off and the back lifted.

Nice pics of the steering wheels...I do see a slight difference in the shape. Get the fabric dye immediatly! Sorry, but seeing the two wheels side-by-side only reinforces, for me, how tacky the ASPEC wheel is.

You definitely need wheels, but they can wait. Save up to get exactly what you want...don't compromise. Congrats again and enjoy!!
Thanks Chill... I'm loving this car more than the day I bought it, that's for sure!
Hope you get your Devotions in soon! Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Yeah...the silver is a bit... "different"... I have to say though that I really am liking this wheel... feels NICE in the hands... and the textured area is awesome (besides the color). The blue thread looks very cool in the car against the blue lighting. I am going to stop by a car upholstery shop this week and see what their thoughts are on dying that area. If I decide to do it, I'm not going to risk hozing the wheel using cheap dye or even trying it myself... getting a good job done that will last is worth the $... as long as it's not rediculous $. If something comes of it I'll certainly post my findings.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Instructor

Without a doubt this changes the entire character of the car.
Agreed. I have a 6 speed and bought both the suspension kit and the 18" rims with 245/40 Potenza S-03s.

I am of course getting the big dose at once since I installed the A-Spec suspension and RSB at the same time... but WOW. What a difference. I am so glad I spent the $ and went for this.
Presumably, you bought the RSB for the intended purpose of reducing understeer. Not only is the factory bar in the manual larger 20 mm vs 17 mm (vs 22 with your new one), but the tire pressure recommendation is to bias the fronts by three pounds.

rw
Old 06-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by sparky57
Agreed. I have a 6 speed and bought both the suspension kit and the 18" rims with 245/40 Potenza S-03s.

Presumably, you bought the RSB for the intended purpose of reducing understeer. Not only is the factory bar in the manual larger 20 mm vs 17 mm (vs 22 with your new one), but the tire pressure recommendation is to bias the fronts by three pounds.

rw
I assume you got the A-Spec wheels? If so, did you notice any performance difference one way or the other (besides the increased handling performance of course)?

I have read about the inflation bias... so basically the fronts should run at stock level, (32 PSI?) and the rears three PSI less? Why is this?

I also recall reading somewhere that the aspec front suspension was actually slightly softer than stock.... curious if this is actually the case and if so what the reasoning is behind that design? I'm sure the dampers are more responsive as well as the springs and I've certainly noticed that the front 'settles' so much faster. Interesting stuff this suspension modding. In the past I have always focused on performance mods ('96 SVT Cobra, and 2000 Audi S4) but I have to say I may be enjoying the suspension mods more... fact is you enjoy it every moment you drive the car, not just when you can drop the accelerator!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Tom,

I know this is a long shot, but do you think if I put the A-Spec on I am going to have a rubbing problem, I have 275/30/19 on the rear?

Thanks

Michael
Old 06-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Msnowdon - that's a tough question...how close is the rim to the edge of the wheel well? Do they line up or is the wheel just inside the well (I'm assuming it's not outside the well)? If it's still inside the well, I would guess (don't know for sure) that you would be ok.

The ASPEC coilovers drop the car about half an inch after settling (I know the blah blah spouted by Acura of 1 inch, but there are people here that have had it for over a year without a 1 inch drop occuring). My car, like most who measured, dropped half an inch.

Looking at your pics again, you are pretty close to lined up with the wheel well, but I still think you'd be ok. By the way, love that 1st pic...that lip is awesome!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Instructor

I assume you got the A-Spec wheels?
Yes, the newer 8" wide flavor.

If so, did you notice any performance difference one way or the other (besides the increased handling performance of course)?
Definitely. I performed the suspension upgrade first and got the wheels a couple of months later. Clearly, the new struts reduce the lean and float and provide a more planted feel, but the bigger wheels also add some stiffness and cornering grip.

I have read about the inflation bias... so basically the fronts should run at stock level, (32 PSI?) and the rears three PSI less? Why is this?
Reduce understeer, period. Same effect as increasing the size of the rear stabilizer. Actually it is 35 front / 32 rear for the 17s and 39 front / 36 rear for the 18s.

I also recall reading somewhere that the aspec front suspension was actually slightly softer than stock....
That is not my impression. Front dive in braking and general float over hills at higher speeds is reduced.

I find it amazing that a quiet, comfortable near-luxury sedan with every possible amenity weighing 3500 lbs performs on a par with Corvettes of not too terribly long ago.

rw
Old 06-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Reduce understeer, period. Same effect as increasing the size of the rear stabilizer. Actually it is 35 front / 32 rear for the 17s and 39 front / 36 rear for the 18s.

17's are listed as 32 psi all around unless you do a lot of high speed driving...then it's 35/32.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:34 PM
Instructor

17's are listed as 32 psi all around unless you do a lot of high speed driving...then it's 35/32.
You must have the auto. I'm quoting from the placard on the front door frame of my 6-speed.

rw
Old 06-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Burning Brakes

I also recall reading somewhere that the aspec front suspension was actually slightly softer than stock.... curious if this is actually the case and if so what the reasoning is behind that design? I'm sure the dampers are more responsive as well as the springs and I've certainly noticed that the front 'settles' so much faster.
I was the person who posted the info. It was taken directly from Road and Track. The fronts are about 7% softer and the rears are about 20% Stiffer from stock. The softer front makes the care more neutral. From the factory setup, the back is softer with a smaller swaybar and softer springs to keep your from fishtailing in aggressive driving. By dialing out the stiffer front and increasing the stiffness in the back, you now have a car that will understeer much less and oversteer more. It's all about handling balance. The front dampers now have more compression damping and less rebound damping which helps with reducing body roll despite the softer springs. In layman's terms, you get better handling with an almost stock ride.

dsc888
Old 06-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

You must have the auto. I'm quoting from the placard on the front door frame of my 6-speed.

rw
'Tis true, I do have an auto...interesting that they're different...
Old 06-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Tom,

Has your car settled any lower yet?

Michael

Quick Reply: Finally bit the bullet... A-Spec Suspension + RSB on the way!