Eibach Pro Kit Installed but I hear noise...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eibach Pro Kit Installed but I hear noise...

I installed the Eibach Pro Kit over the weekend. When I'm driving over a good pump I hear this "clunk" type sound as though metal to metal is touching some where. The sound is not outrages but you can hear it and its annoying. The sound is coming from only the rear struts. All the boots and stops are installed correctly and the clear plastic shielding on the coils are also on. The torque value on the top damper nuts are set to 37 ft-lbs; which is for an A-spec setup. What is the torque for the top damper nuts with the Eibach Pro kit? Do I need to wrap the coils with insulation of some sort?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Loose swaybar... or your just plain old bottoming out.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Loose swaybar... or your just plain old bottoming out.
Why would it bottom out if it's only an 1 inch drop? The sway bar was correctly torqued to specs. I will recheck it but I know it was good to go.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
DER NEUE ^

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
first of, are you reusing your stock shocks or using koni shocks, if it's koni, you can't reuse the stock rubber spring isolator so the spring bottom will be seating on bare metal base and that's ok as long as the bottom spring end doesn't touch the wall of the base it is seating on. you suppose to leave about an inch of space between the base wall and the spring end so they don't touch and rub against each other. other than that it could be the washers touching or something, did you install those in correct position?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ACTROS
first of, are you reusing your stock shocks or using koni shocks, if it's koni, you can't reuse the stock rubber spring isolator so the spring bottom will be seating on bare metal base and that's ok as long as the bottom spring end doesn't touch the wall of the base it is seating on. you suppose to leave about an inch of space between the base wall and the spring end so they don't touch and rub against each other. other than that it could be the washers touching or something, did you install those in correct position?
I'm using the stock shocks with the Eiback Springs. I have the bottom coil flush with the mounting stop on top of the rubber isolator. The mounting stop that I'm referring to is the indentation on the bottom of the strut that houses the coil. Where did you get the info on the spacing...I never heard of that.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Mine actually makes a noise in the front, I hear something strange coming from the

front drivers side ???
Old 07-23-2007, 10:55 PM
BerettaBri

I just had an Eibach Pro Kit with Eibach dampers installed in my TL-S over the last few days. When I bought the car, it turns out there were already Eibach sway bars installed in it. I had the same clunky sound in the rear, my mechanic told me the old swaybar linkages were the culprit. Replaced those and it is silent and very tight.

Love that Eibach spring and damper kit... the car feels as if it floats over dips and bumps and I can take turns at 85 mph without any give. Only thing that looks wierd is the back wheel wells appears to be dropped with less gap than the fronts, but I was told that over the next couple of weeks driving it will settle down a little more all around. It is supposed to be a 2.1" drop in the front and a 1.6" drop in the rear.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Question What do you think this ?

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
Mine actually makes a noise in the front, I hear something strange coming from the

front drivers side ???
What would cause this noise ?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Racer

I retorqued all the buts/bolts as in the instructions. The sound is not as loud but still present.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Racer

I went ans retorqued the nuts/bolts with a load. Also check to make sure that the plastic isolator on the Eibach sspring start from the second coil from the top.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JD TL-S

front drivers side ???
JD: You need to make sure that the cup that is located inside the boot was removed as instructed by Eibach. In your case you will need to take off your front struts.