DId you get new Tires for 04TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004 | 11:12 PM
Racer

DId you get new Tires for 04TL

If you got new tires for your 04 TL, what did you do with your stock set. I'm looking to buy the Falken Azenis, since I had them on my 02TLS. Did you sell your stock tires to a friend, made a deal with the dealer, toss them away, what?
Old 06-09-2004 | 05:28 PM
Through Tamburello.......

Hi,

This site was very useful in informing me of the performance (or lack thereof) of the EL42s. I went to an independant tire dealer and traded them in for Michelin Pilot Sport A/Ss. Very happy with them.
Old 06-10-2004 | 01:14 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by parabolica
Hi,

This site was very useful in informing me of the performance (or lack thereof) of the EL42s. I went to an independant tire dealer and traded them in for Michelin Pilot Sport A/Ss. Very happy with them.
Thanks for the feedback.

Do yuou mind telling me how much you got credited for them in the trade.
Old 06-10-2004 | 09:44 AM
Racer

I had the dealer swap them out (no charge) for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's when the redesigned EL42s came out. Best decision I ever made. I hated those tires from day one.
Old 06-10-2004 | 02:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by marquis
I had the dealer swap them out (no charge) for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's when the redesigned EL42s came out. Best decision I ever made. I hated those tires from day one.
So wait, did you get the Michellins for free? Did you negotiate that as part of the purchase? If so, then
Old 06-10-2004 | 03:08 PM
s54
Advanced

squeaky wheel

Originally Posted by Big Ped
So wait, did you get the Michellins for free? Did you negotiate that as part of the purchase? If so, then
I finally got my third set of EL 42s replaced for free with Michelin Pilot Sports. It's amazing the response you get when you start complaining to other customers in the Acura sales department about the quality of the stock tires!

S
Old 06-11-2004 | 07:31 AM
Racer

Yes and No. I did get the tires for free, but I had the original crappy tires at the time of purchase (last December). When the new redesigned ones became available, I negotiated a swap for the Michelins instead of taking the new tires. Took quite a bit of doing, but the service department where I bought and take my TL (Inskip Acura in RI), bent over backwards to make me a happy customer again. Not coincidentally, I was also in the middle of talks with them over some previously bad service experiences and they were trying to win back my business (I had already started taking my TL elsewhere and let them know about it). I'm sure that had something to do with my ability to negotiate the swap.

In my arguments, I presented the comparison data available from TireRack.com on the MIchelins and EL42s. I also positioned mainly as a safety concern for me, as I did not feel safe drving with these tires in any sort of snow/rain conditions (which was pretty true). But, it was probably better than going in and saying that I wanted the tires swapped because they suck as my only argument

Old 06-11-2004 | 02:22 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by marquis
Yes and No. I did get the tires for free, but I had the original crappy tires at the time of purchase (last December). When the new redesigned ones became available, I negotiated a swap for the Michelins instead of taking the new tires. Took quite a bit of doing, but the service department where I bought and take my TL (Inskip Acura in RI), bent over backwards to make me a happy customer again. Not coincidentally, I was also in the middle of talks with them over some previously bad service experiences and they were trying to win back my business (I had already started taking my TL elsewhere and let them know about it). I'm sure that had something to do with my ability to negotiate the swap.

In my arguments, I presented the comparison data available from TireRack.com on the MIchelins and EL42s. I also positioned mainly as a safety concern for me, as I did not feel safe drving with these tires in any sort of snow/rain conditions (which was pretty true). But, it was probably better than going in and saying that I wanted the tires swapped because they suck as my only argument
Old 06-14-2004 | 10:44 PM
Through Tamburello.......

Thanks for the feedback.

Do yuou mind telling me how much you got credited for them in the trade.

Hi. Sorry been busy lately. No, I don't mind. I got $100 per tire for my trade in, but please note these are Canadian dollars.