confused with alignment.. please see pictures..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
confused with alignment.. please see pictures..

Guys help me out here. I am lost on this alignment, camber kit and stuff. I went to get an alignnment today and the shop told me that i need to get a front camber. After the alignment was done and my car got pull out. I went to the service guy and told him this is like the same as before, just a little bit better? He was saying my TOE is good and to best correct everything else is to get a full set camber kit. I know this guy knows his stuff and I was reffer to him by a member here. I just wanna know for sure if i really need a camber kit or should i just go back or somewhere else to get another alignement done. I am running on aspec suspension, aspec 8.5 wheels and 245/40/18. This set up is stock and what is it that i need a camber kit? The car still pulls to the right and maybe its my mind playing games but its pulling more then before i went for an alignment today. Anyways, took a picture of the print out. tell me what you guys think and what i should do next....

Old 12-05-2008, 11:48 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
IMHO (and I am not an *expert*) you don't need a camber kit.

Spec on Camber is:

-0.30* +- 0.30* in the front and (so up to -0.60* is OK)
-1.0* +- 0.30*in the rear. (so up to -1.30* is OK)

Both are a little over, but not drastically.

With a good toe, you should track straight and not cause excessive tire wear.

Camber cannot be changed on these cars without adding an after market camber kit, so there is nothting the tech or another shop can do for you unless you add the camber kit.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:51 PM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
IMHO (and I am not an *expert*) you don't need a camber kit.

Spec on Camber is:

-0.30* +- 0.30* in the front and (so up to -0.60* is OK)
-1.0* +- 0.30*in the rear. (so up to -1.30* is OK)

Both are a little over, but not drastically.

With a good toe, you should track straight and not cause excessive tire wear.

Camber cannot be changed on these cars without adding an after market camber kit, so there is nothting the tech or another shop can do for you unless you add the camber kit.
+1 Toe is really important in terms of tire wear. The camber isn't bad at all. You'll be fine
Old 12-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Pro

the car is still pulling to the right and the steering wheel is viberating over 50mph and it doesnt feel as tight as it used to... i guess with a camber kit all this will be corrected??
Old 12-06-2008, 12:09 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
According to the specs on their print out, your camber is actually *in* spec, but on the edge - even though the right rear is red, it says -1.5 is the edge of the spec, not out of spec.

Vibration is usually tire balance, bent rim, etc, not camber or alignment.

I wouldn't count on a camber kit fixing the vibration. And I have doubts it'd help the pull to the right, but *maybe*.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Driven to Perfection

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude you look good on camber. Check your tires for wear, have them balanced, check the brakes for loosened or damaged parts, make sure your wheels aren't bent, check the suspension, all kinds of stuff could be wrong, but it doesn't look like it's camber.

Good luck
Old 12-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
yeah i don't think you need a camber kit - i'm dropped almost 2 inches and i don't have one - even tread all around here...
Old 12-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

yeah, your camber is ok. toe is more important.

aspec suspension doesn't require camber kit since it's less than 1.5".
Old 12-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Dude, your alignment is fine. You don't need to take it anywhere else.

I'm concerned about your alignment guy since he didn't swing Caster to get a measurement. Uneven caster WILL cause a pull toward the lower side if the spread is large enough. Even though Caster is not adjustable, your guy should have gotten the measurement so you could know if there was anything wrong.

Additionally, tires can cause a pull as well. Most common reason is uneven wear, different tread or uneven tire pressure. Make sure all these things are ok if you experience a pull.

Radial belt imperfections can also cause a pull. This is commonly called "Radial Pull". The most common fix is to swap the front tires left to right.

Lastly, if your brake caliper is hanging up, it will cause the car to pull to that side. When you apply the brakes the car will pull in the opposite direction. This can usually be detected easily because you will notice discoloration of the brake rotor from the heat.

Vibrations while driving is never the cause of a misaligned vehicle.

I recommend you take the car back and have them redo the alignment, this time have them swing Caster so you can get a measurement.

Hope this helps
Old 12-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Pro

My tires are ok. I had the suspension install for about 7 months? Just got thse 8.5 and been rolling with them for about a month now. I'm go find someone else to rebalance them since I'm getting vibration. As for the breaks... I know there's something wrong, from time to time there's this noise which I am at a full stop, release the break just a little bit and I get this old rusted break noise where u will hear it on a very common 10 year old car. I went back to the dealer to have them check it out and they said there's no problems. I am planning to go back again but I'm worry that my warrtiee. Although I have aspec which are factory parts but I have a feeling they gona say some bs like you didn't have a acura tech or went to an acura stealership for the install. So from what you guys said, the specs on my alignment are fine. No camber needed. As for the pulling to the right.. Anyone else could give me advice?

Thanks ALL!!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:46 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
it looks good to me, is your steering wheel straight?

ur rear camber is perfect
front will be equal with your weight on the driver side

toe looks fine

if the car pulls to 1 side (usually the left side), it could be non centered steering wheel or as trew pointd out caster issue

caster readings allow you to know off the bat if you have any suspension related problems... here is my alignment sheet so you get a better idea of your readings... and how correct they are

ps. since you have the aspec drop and nothing else you could get the dealer to warranty the fix of the car pulling to one side
Old 12-09-2008, 11:12 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

oh damn just remembered my boy tom 'enigmaos' has a full camber kit setup from ingals.. brandnew in box, he was trying to sell me, send him a pm, maybe he has a good price on it.... if not hit up excelerate and order it....
Old 12-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Pro

YO AL!! THANKS!!
u sure bring my car in will be fully cover thru warranty?? should i show them the my alignment sheet? i mean.. these parts are factory but they werent install by them and i have a big feeling they gona give me some BS. ohh and whats a good dealer? i hate going to rallye and i really dont wanna go back there.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:11 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

well i have a dealer for you if you dont mind a drive, hit me up on bb messenger
Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by erick3
yeah i don't think you need a camber kit - i'm dropped almost 2 inches and i don't have one - even tread all around here...
Hi Eric and everyone,

I installed the A-Spec suspension last summer and just switched to winter tires noticing my 18" rear tires are worn out on the inside. The car was aligned by Acura 2 weeks after the A-Spec suspension was installed. Camber was around -1,4deg at the rear and toe was brought to 0.

Eric, I wonder how you can have even wear with a 2" drop without a camber kit. A-Spec drop is about 0,75" and my rear tires don't like it.

I want to correct this as soon as possible in order to save my expensive Nokian winter tires.

I did read everything in this forum regarding A-Spec alignment and it's not clear what specs should be used. The 2mm toe-in spec is still effective according to Acura but alignment guys (even at Acura dealers) always use 0 as rear toe target.

Is this a toe or a camber problem? Wear pattern indicates a camber problem but some of you with more agressive camber report even wear all around. Can it be a combination of camber+toe?

Looking for your input...

Regards.

Carl
Old 02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Originally Posted by c_potvin

I did read everything in this forum regarding A-Spec alignment and it's not clear what specs should be used. The 2mm toe-in spec is still effective according to Acura but alignment guys (even at Acura dealers) always use 0 as rear toe target.
I was wondering if anyone found an answer to this question? Alignment spec sheet says Rear: 2mm +- 2mm for ASPEC suspension car. But members over here say it should be 0?
Old 02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Drifting

I have a problem with my rear specs also. I just put 4 new tires after an alignment, and now 2 tires are showing accelerated wear after 15K miles ( tires rotated every 3K-4K miles). My left rear camber is -1.9 and my right rear is -1.7, this is with an Eibach Pro springs (about 1" drop) and nothing else. I am laid off, so money is VERY tight, Should I:

a. Put stock springs back in and get another alignment
b. Wait till I can get Ingalls kit (worried about tires), and re-align car.

Let me also add that I also have to do the brakes (84K on ORIGINAL brakes), I have Powerslot rotors and can't decide on stock pads or Hawk pads.

REMEMBER money is the big obstacle here. Please help a brother out.

My alignment spec sheet:
Old 02-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Camber is not causing a wear issue, I can almost promise that. The toe may or may not because even though it is in spec we have not heard anything about how you drive. Harder driving can cause need for a altered alignment.

And your guy is not getting a lot of credit from me if your car is pulling. That is an irrefutable toe issue (or caster, rarely), as is wear. Camber does not cause pulls, and such little camber that the A-spec gives will not impact anything except make the car handle better.

Does the car wander when you brake hard, like from 60?
Old 02-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
If you have after market wheels did you use hubcentric rings?
Old 02-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesstzn
If you have after market wheels did you use hubcentric rings?
That would not make a difference in pulling, camber, or wear.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
That would not make a difference in pulling, camber, or wear.
I wasn't sure if he was running stock wheels or not .. now I see he is .. and if you read
one of his posts he is getting a vibration ... thus the hubcentric ring question.