Chrome or polish

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 06:43 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chrome or polish

I just picked up my 05 Anthracite/Ebony/Auto/Navi last week. So far I've just had time to have the windows tinted and order a set of blue LEDs. I had planned on a different set of wheels but after seeing a set of chrome Acura wheels in this e-zine I've changed my mind. A local wheel shop recomended polish instead of chrome, although the car will be parked most of the winter it will have some exposure to salt, also does anyone know of a chrome shop in Western Canada that will do the wheels.
I'm also looking for a spoiler with a brake light in it, any leads would be appreciated.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HOG RIDER
I just picked up my 05 Anthracite/Ebony/Auto/Navi last week. So far I've just had time to have the windows tinted and order a set of blue LEDs. I had planned on a different set of wheels but after seeing a set of chrome Acura wheels in this e-zine I've changed my mind. A local wheel shop recomended polish instead of chrome, although the car will be parked most of the winter it will have some exposure to salt, also does anyone know of a chrome shop in Western Canada that will do the wheels.
I'm also looking for a spoiler with a brake light in it, any leads would be appreciated.
Welcome to the club Hog Rider,

If your wheels are going to be exposed to salt, I would suggest that you apply vaseline, or even Fluid Film on your wheels to protect them and please be carerul not to spray the brake's rotors and brake pads.

You can ask local chrome shops for an estimate but it probably be pricier then getting them from a place that sell them exchange.

If you have a buddy south of the border, I would suggest that you visit the following website, www.lawheel.com

I bought my chromed TL wheels from them for $575US in exchange of my original painted wheels and this price includes the chrome center caps. plus transport.

You find a Tire shop place nearby your buddy who is equipped to handle chrome alloy wheels and have your tires mounted there and you can ship you original wheels back to them from there.

I did this with mine and had them shipped to New Hampshire. The local tire shop charged me $80 USD to unmount the tires and remount them on the chrome TL wheels and balanced them.

see my post here for pictures;
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4&page=1&pp=25

For a wing with LED for the 3rd Gen TL, I have yet to see one specifically made for it.

Best regards from Montreal

frenchnew