Axis Muse or Givanna Kobe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002 | 05:55 PM
Instructor

Axis Muse or Givanna Kobe?

Which wheel do you think would look better on a black TL. Im going 19" either way. The first wheel is Axis Muse and the second is Giovanna Kobe. Do you guys thinks the axis muse would look good in chrome? Rory
Old 02-17-2002 | 06:00 PM
Banned

HMM tough call. I would say I like the Giovanna Kobe a little bit better. Since it has more to it, and you wont see the brakes as much.

i thought you bought wheels already... the 19x8.5 ones..
Old 02-17-2002 | 06:04 PM
Instructor

Ya, well you know how that goes. Trying to break the laws of physics and fit a 19-8.5 and 9.5 wheel with a 44 offset on a TL takes some time. So I'm looking at these now. Rory
Old 02-18-2002 | 09:50 AM
O.G.

IMO, go for the Giovanna Kobe.
Old 02-18-2002 | 10:39 PM
NSX & 3.2TL

I'm not a fan of either, but if I had to choose, I'd pick the Axis Muse.
Old 02-19-2002 | 11:43 PM
Pro

both are cheap knockoff rim brands, i'd recommend something else.
Old 02-20-2002 | 03:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

i have read that giovanna chrome chips off
Old 02-20-2002 | 06:13 AM
Racer

Axis Muse
Old 02-20-2002 | 01:28 PM
Pro

the axis "muse" amuses me from the fact that they're just an extremely cheap knockoff of the extremely high quality advan AVS model 5.
Old 02-20-2002 | 03:33 PM
Instructor

They are a cheap knockoff, but I would never pay full price for such a simple rim. Rory
Old 02-20-2002 | 05:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

you should look into 5Zigen's...the heinfelds(sp?) are nice for a 2nd gen
Old 02-20-2002 | 06:10 PM
JLTL

Go with these.
Old 02-21-2002 | 11:07 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

I have the ADR Kasai, i paid 1600 for rims and tires. They are HMC Silver so i dont have to worry about chipping. They look and refelct just like chrome if not more than most chrome wheels. So waht if the rims you want are a knock off. If you want them and doint want to spen the money then get them. Imagine you hit a pothole that would bend even the name brand version. It would be way cheaper to buy the knockoff rim again then buying that single real one. I dont care what anyone thinks. Evryone goes i have no complaints.
Old 02-22-2002 | 11:18 AM
Pro

well, if you're cheap and don't mind being laughed at for buying a ricer wheel which is much heavier and crappier quality then i suppose ADR is okay. Every extra pound the wheel has is probably like adding 10 pounds of weight to the car! But who cares if you dont care about your TL going a little slower.
Old 02-22-2002 | 09:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Rice1304
well, if you're cheap and don't mind being laughed at for buying a ricer wheel which is much heavier and crappier quality then i suppose ADR is okay. Every extra pound the wheel has is probably like adding 10 pounds of weight to the car! But who cares if you dont care about your TL going a little slower.

shiet, as long as it looks good on the car, who cares? its not like the TL is a sports car and where in the hell can you really speed all the time anyways?
Old 02-25-2002 | 10:41 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

First of all these rims are 4 lbs heavier than the stock rims, second, i bet you my TL with My cheaper rims will run you anyday of the week. You dont know what i have lurking under the hood of my car and you dont know me either. I bet you didnt know that i also own an e 320. Cheap, i dont think so. Being laughed at? Never. Most people dont know a damn thing about rims. All they know is if they look nice then they like em. It's people like you that dont have girlfriends who are infactuated with the car they own that talk mad shlt about people you dont know. I have a girl and friends to keep me company and i dont give a shlt what people think about me or my ride. BlkShadow, VicNYCTL, Electric E46 and some other guys can tell you that i am far from cheap. Don't ever call me cheap again, you don't know me. You're the guy that tells stories about how you use to be a bully, but i bet you were the one getting bullied and laughed at.
Old 02-25-2002 | 10:56 AM
Racer

Go with the AXIS.........

Giovanna's have Rivets and they are a pain in the ass when cleaning, don't think they look that great either.
Old 02-25-2002 | 11:46 AM
Instructor

I decided to go with niether. I just bought some 19's I'll post them in a little while. Rory
Old 02-25-2002 | 02:49 PM
Pro

Originally posted by bigman

First of all these rims are 4 lbs heavier than the stock rims, second, i bet you my TL with My cheaper rims will run you anyday of the week. You dont know what i have lurking under the hood of my car and you dont know me either. I bet you didnt know that i also own an e 320. Cheap, i dont think so. Being laughed at? Never. Most people dont know a damn thing about rims. All they know is if they look nice then they like em. It's people like you that dont have girlfriends who are infactuated with the car they own that talk mad shlt about people you dont know. I have a girl and friends to keep me company and i dont give a shlt what people think about me or my ride. BlkShadow, VicNYCTL, Electric E46 and some other guys can tell you that i am far from cheap. Don't ever call me cheap again, you don't know me. You're the guy that tells stories about how you use to be a bully, but i bet you were the one getting bullied and laughed at.
First of all, if you didn't care about what other people thought then you would not have responded to my post at all. I did not directly call YOU cheap so don't take it personally. and 4 lbs heavier is a lot. 4 pounds per wheel in rotational mass is similar to adding 40 pounds of unsprung weight to the car. So you have a total of about 160 more lbs probably. Understand?

Also you are right about most people not knowing if the rims are knockoffs or not. Only a select educated few can actually appreciate real forged brand name rims like the AVS model 5. It is similar to people not knowing the difference between a NSX and a riced out civic.

and wow, you have somehting under the hood of your TL eh? Too bad TLs are not drag racing cars. If I wanted to drag race you, I'd do it on my bike instead of my TL and smoke you any day. you would be burned so bad even if you had NOS AND a turbo.
Old 02-25-2002 | 10:11 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Ohhhhh you area tough guy, seems like your car doesnt have big enough balls.Hell yeah we can take it to the bikes, I'll get my cousin's ZX 12-r and bounce hard on you. You shouldnt say that people are cheap and others will laugh at them. Some people just dont have the money. Look for example Electric E46 got Breyton which is a BMW only wheel company. He spent a lot fo money on his rims and they are flaking. Do you have an excuse for that. You dont always get what you pay for. And who cares about weight when just like you said the TL is not a drag car. Stop contradicting yourself and go live your rich life and die miserable. The guy asked which rims do we like better not if he is a cheap person for buying them.
Old 02-26-2002 | 01:05 AM
Pro

Ohhhhh you area tough guy, seems like your car doesnt have big enough balls.Hell yeah we can take it to the bikes, I'll get my cousin's ZX 12-r and bounce hard on you. You shouldnt say that people are cheap and others will laugh at them. Some people just dont have the money. Look for example Electric E46 got Breyton which is a BMW only wheel company. He spent a lot fo money on his rims and they are flaking. Do you have an excuse for that. You dont always get what you pay for. And who cares about weight when just like you said the TL is not a drag car. Stop contradicting yourself and go live your rich life and die miserable. The guy asked which rims do we like better not if he is a cheap person for buying them.
Most of us own TLs here. You're making us TL owners all look like idiotic street racers. I am just saying that heavy rims will also lessen the amount of "usable power in the low rpm range" on the streets. I'm only 20 and I own both a TL and a bike which i pay for myself. I suggest you act your age and drop the "challenging me to a street race with your mighty TL." Also, if you're going to bring relatives into this, then would you like to race against my father's 996 C2? You probably don't even know what one is hahah.

In addition, I never called anyone cheap. I implied buying them would be an act of cheapness, everyone can be cheap sometimes (i dont think you can grasp that concept so forget it). I am simply trying to give him some good advice -- buy some wheels which are of better overall quality. You usually do get what you pay for.

And also, talking to you is like talking to a kindergardener -- I never said Breyton rims are good just because they're expensive. I never said any rims are good because they are expensive. There are, indeed, expensive rims which are of crappy quality. If I had a bmw I would probably get hamann rims. And i'm sure you dont even know how to ride, much less launch a bike? So will you have your cousin do it for you? hahahahaha
Old 02-26-2002 | 04:18 AM
Intermediate

bigman, not to be rude or nothing, but your car looks like a bad photoshop job.
Old 02-26-2002 | 09:43 AM
Ex-Mod

then would you like to race against my father's 996 C2? You probably don't even know what one is hahah.
Oh Yeah!? I'll get my fathers 996 Twin Turbo!!!

Just joking. I used to work in Rennwerke Porsche in Westchester, NY so I love Porsches. Actually my bro has a 83 RUF Turbo with a little under 500hp. It shoots flames out of the exhaust when he shifts hard. Is your dads C2 worked or stock? You could do alot to that bad boy. I think TL's (1st or 2nd Gen) are not sports cars so some people should stop treating them like one. Dont get me wrong, its not a slow car and it handles good, but its still a luxury car. Maybe its just me that thinks like that because I worked and drove Posches all day so alot of other cars are slow to me...
Old 02-26-2002 | 09:47 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Rice 1304 do you see me, no, can i see you no. Will we ever see each other, probably not. I am 20 years old as well and pay my ways. I know what spending money and not having it is all about. So let's drop the argument. Saying my daddy has this and my cousin has that means nothing when we cant prove it or will ever even try to. For all you know my cousin could have a freakin moped. But who cares. Beleive me oil runs through my veins, i know what unsprung weight is and how it can kill performance. But like i said most people do it for looks. Let's not get pulled down to the level of children, because that is where this is heading. And lets just attack cool for saying my photoshop job was bad. Peace

COOL, for your info, that was a 5 minute chop job and it's probably better than anything you can pull out. I work with photoshop for a living. I do graphic design for an add agency in NY. Everyone on this site who saw that pic has said nothing but good things. Keep your unwanted opinions to yourself unless someone asks for them.
Old 02-26-2002 | 11:17 AM
Intermediate

Bigman I apologize, i thought that was a pic of your actual car, i didn't want to be rude as I said in my post so you took it the wrong way my man.

In regards to all the other hostile sh!t you directed at me, Bro I think you should really relax. You are lucky enough to be able to rock benz's and ack's at 20 years old cause you got a nice job, so you should be happy and enjoy that life instead of taking out your bad mood on someone at a car website.
Old 02-26-2002 | 11:26 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Originally posted by cool
Bigman I apologize, i thought that was a pic of your actual car, i didn't want to be rude as I said in my post so you took it the wrong way my man.

In regards to all the other hostile sh!t you directed at me, Bro I think you should really relax. You are lucky enough to be able to rock benz's and ack's at 20 years old cause you got a nice job, so you should be happy and enjoy that life instead of taking out your bad mood on someone at a car website.
You are right man, i am high on coffee today and having a bad day at work. My apologies.
Old 02-26-2002 | 11:30 AM
Safety Car

kobe
Old 02-26-2002 | 11:34 AM
Intermediate

I do graphic design for an add agency in NY.
Is by any chance an internet ad agency?
Old 02-26-2002 | 12:12 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

I work for NYPG we do all kinds of advirtising. My job is doing internet and hard copy ads for magazines and websites.
Old 02-26-2002 | 02:18 PM
Pro

Let's not get pulled down to the level of children, because that is where this is heading. And lets just attack cool for saying my photoshop job was bad. Peace
haha yea
Old 02-26-2002 | 02:28 PM
Pro

Originally posted by 96TL

Oh Yeah!? I'll get my fathers 996 Twin Turbo!!!

Just joking. I used to work in Rennwerke Porsche in Westchester, NY so I love Porsches. Actually my bro has a 83 RUF Turbo with a little under 500hp. It shoots flames out of the exhaust when he shifts hard. Is your dads C2 worked or stock? You could do alot to that bad boy. I think TL's (1st or 2nd Gen) are not sports cars so some people should stop treating them like one. Dont get me wrong, its not a slow car and it handles good, but its still a luxury car. Maybe its just me that thinks like that because I worked and drove Posches all day so alot of other cars are slow to me...
sounds like a fun job. I've never really had the luxury of driving a porsche around all the time, also the C2 we have is just stock unfortunately. I'm sure that you know almost any mod for that car is extremely expensive haha. the new c4s that is coming out looks damn nice too.
Old 02-26-2002 | 04:41 PM
Ex-Mod

I'm sure that you know almost any mod for that car is extremely expensive haha.
Expensive cars, expensive mods. If you have the money to buy it, you should have the money to mod it. If you want to that is.