App't with the Acura District Service Rep

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 08:20 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
App't with the Acura District Service Rep

I know this topic has been mentioned before. I need to tell my story.

My '04 TL 5AT VIN range is 35xxx and the tires are the "new" formulation yet my car has an annoying vibration felt through the steering wheel and pedals in the morning during my 15 mile commute to work at >50mph. It doesn't get much better during the drive to work when the tires have a chance to warm up. I've tried taking different routes to rule out the highway , however I still experience the problem. There's no vibration in my '01 Integra GSR with the OEM Michelins.

I've brought the car to the service dept at my dealer twice.

Service #1 - I was told a wheel weight fell off and they rebalanced the left front tire. This did nothing. I noticed 0.0 miles driven between the time I dropped off the car and picked it up.

Service #2 - Was told the tech and the service consultant didn't feel the vibration. They did nothing except ask me if I wanted to schedule an appointment for the district service manager who will test the car.

I will leave the car overnight and they will drive it in the morning.

I have owned / driven performance imports for years and have never had this problem.

I love my TL, however this vibration is driving me crazy. It just doesn't feel right.

THe service manager told me that the TL's he's seen with the "tire issue" feel like you're driving on triangles"

If the district manager blows me off where else can I turn? Should I rotate the tires and see if that helps in the short term?

Should I just get used to it?