Anybody with Eibach-Pro-Street S Coilover kit???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anybody with Eibach-Pro-Street S Coilover kit???

Hello all,
Im looking to drop my car (just a smidge, like less than an inch) and want to have the capability of adjusting dampening force. I know many of you have TEIN SS and swear by it. I searched for some time now but could not find any thread regarding the Eibach-pro-street s coilover kit. Has anybody installed one, and if so, what are your opinions on it (ride quality and ease of install). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the Eibachs for the 3g TL are lowering springs and not coilovers. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by architectonic
If I'm not mistaken, the Eibachs for the 3g TL are lowering springs and not coilovers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think its new...On the eibach website they have this, http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...75725500009075, listed for our TLs
Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Wow. Thanks for finding this. I take back what I said before. The ProKits are the lowering springs and the ProStreets are coilovers. Apparently Eibach just came out with it for our cars. This is wonderful. I was very close to buying the Tein SS. In fact I've already made up my mind to buy the Teins at the end of the month. Now after seeing this, I may have to reconsider and look a little more into these Eibachs. I'll try to call Eibach tomorrow and see whats up. Can't find a price anywhere? Can anyone else shed some more light on this? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Burning Brakes

No Problemo I googled "Eibach Pro Street TL" and some stores popped up. The median price range seems to be 1100 to 1200 dollars.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Originally Posted by ankur914
No Problemo I googled "Eibach Pro Street TL" and some stores popped up. The median price range seems to be 1100 to 1200 dollars.
I might try it and write a review. The only thing is that MrHeelToe, our AZ vendor, has given me a very attractive deal for the Tein SS installed. I don't know which way to go. Are you going to pull the trigger and get these Eibachs? Please someone should.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Burning Brakes

LOL! Mr. HeelToe also gave me a pretty good deal for the TEIN SS with the tophats installed. I just ran across this yesterday by accident, hahaha. Now, the debate is really on for me, go eibach or tein ss. Im not going to do anything till March/April 2008 as Chicago winter is approaching (well, in a few months). Eibach is attractive in that they offer a stainless steel construction (although they dont mention the grade of stainless steel used) and well, its Eibach. Tein, on the other hand, has been thoroughly tried and tested by many members, so that alone speaks volumes. Ohhhhhhhhh the confusion! lol.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
You said you wanted the ability to adjust damping...these only allow you to adjust ride height, similar to the H&R's.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Damn it, I should read their description more carefully. Thanks for pointing that out!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Columbia Univ. c/o 2004

Originally Posted by ankur914
LOL! Mr. HeelToe also gave me a pretty good deal for the TEIN SS with the tophats installed. I just ran across this yesterday by accident, hahaha. Now, the debate is really on for me, go eibach or tein ss. Im not going to do anything till March/April 2008 as Chicago winter is approaching (well, in a few months). Eibach is attractive in that they offer a stainless steel construction (although they dont mention the grade of stainless steel used) and well, its Eibach. Tein, on the other hand, has been thoroughly tried and tested by many members, so that alone speaks volumes. Ohhhhhhhhh the confusion! lol.
I hear ya bro. I'm just happy that we now have a few more options. I'm probably going to go with the Teins, only because of what you just said "has been thoroughly tried and tested by many members". And the consensus seems to be favorable for the Teins. Plus it helps out alot that MrHeelToe is offering a very competitive rate for the item with install.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Garage Park / Ikon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont think the Eibach-Pro street S coilover is out for the TL yet.. i see online stores have them listed. But i talked to someone who works at Eibach, and he said they are not available yet.. they are still working on it.

this was last month btw
Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
DER NEUE ^

The Eibach coil over kit for the TL is definitely out and could be had for about a grand shipped! I spoke to the Eibach rep today and he said it's their most aggressive set up for our car, no shock firmness adjustment though, he said that it wasn't in tune with this car anyway, I don't know about that ;-)

The best price I found so far,
https://www.automotiveconcepts.net/store/cart.php

This kit is made in Germany and comes with 2 springs per strut, the main spring and the helper/tender spring! Someone should try this, it's suppose to be very good! I would but I have already invested in the Comptech/Koni set up which isn't shabby by the way, but too noisy and universal IMHO. Hopefully the Eibach kit is quiet, forgiving and makes the tank (TL) feel lighter and more responsive if not race car quick.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

http://www.automotiveconcepts.net/st...312411553.html

here is the link of the item that listed from ACTROS.

Correct me if i am wrong...

according to this site, it listed as $1083.75 then when add to cart gaves 10% off.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:27 PM
DER NEUE ^

Correctomundo, not a shabby deal for the newest hardware out there, methinks...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:13 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

maybe should ask Excelerate see if he will do some type of deal on this since he is one of our vendor and he carries Eibach.

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/eibach-pro-kit-sale-acura-cl-tl-tsx-overnight-shipping-338821/
Old 09-08-2007, 03:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Hey all,
Thanks for all the input! I found a link on the honda-tech forums that does a review of this kit when installed on a civic....i know its hard to say how soft the ride will be when equipped on a TL, but maybe it can shed some light onto how well it rides. Hope this helps

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread...ostid=18587062
Old 09-08-2007, 02:21 PM
DER NEUE ^

^Good find and read, too bad the warranty on these isn't their Million-Mile deal like for the springs but only 12 month for the coil-over, what a shame! Read their warranty conditions carefully,
http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...42356600001755

The weak warranty would definitely prevent me from purchasing this kit, the set up seems to be pretty stiff, so the NYC horrible roads would destroy the shocks in a couple of years or so and then what, buy new shocks-no fucking way! I'm sticking with the Koni set up, Lifetime warranty for the original owner, now that's more like it haha!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:46 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...38792000020267

Here is the link talking about 12 months warranty on coil-over

here is the 1st paragraph from the link:

1. Eibach´s Limited Million-Mile Warranty
Eibach Springs, Inc. ("Eibach") Suspension Springs, Anti-Roll-Kits (excluding bushings), Pro-Dampers and Pro-Spacers are covered by a Million-Mile warranty; Pro-Street-S, Pro-Tronic, Pro-Alignment, Drag-Launch air bags and Anti-Roll Kit bushings are covered by a 12-month warranty (collectively, "Products" and the "Warranties"). The Warranties cover the Products against factory defects in material and workmanship, other than coatings, when used on passenger cars and light trucks under normal use and operating conditions.
These Warranties only apply to the original purchaser who retains ownership of the vehicle on which the Products were originally installed (the "Purchaser"). Upon verification of coverage under Warranties (see procedure below), Eibach will at its sole discretion either replace defective or prematurely worn-out Products without charge, or refund the purchase price of the Products, only.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ACTROS
^Good find and read, too bad the warranty on these isn't their Million-Mile deal like for the springs but only 12 month for the coil-over, what a shame! Read their warranty conditions carefully,
http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...42356600001755

The weak warranty would definitely prevent me from purchasing this kit, the set up seems to be pretty stiff, so the NYC horrible roads would destroy the shocks in a couple of years or so and then what, buy new shocks-no fucking way! I'm sticking with the Koni set up, Lifetime warranty for the original owner, now that's more like it haha!

Yea, chicago is no better road wise . Over the weekend, i finally decided to get the A-Spec suspension, after doing some measurements reading up on springs in my ME books (im an idiot ). But i think imma be forced to buy the a-spec wheels as well, cuz i have yet to find anyone that sells them seperately (did this just happen recently? cuz i could have sworn that a-spec was being sold by itself like a couple months back..oh well). The setup will probably be unoriginal, but oh well, i will get some more handling performance. Plan on adding a H&R or Progress Rear Sway Bar also. But thanks all for all the help in info!
Old 09-10-2007, 04:25 PM
DER NEUE ^

^A-spec is a solid set up, million times better than the original suspension, you'd be glad you got it! I was sporting it myself before I switched to the Koni/Comptech set up. A-spec held up fine, no problems with bottoming out or shock failure, it was too floaty for me though, I wanted something firmer and semi-adjustable
Old 09-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Food for thought. The eibach dampers are made by KW. KW is world renouned for their coilover setups not to mention they from my understanding make the factory suspension for Porsche. A lot of hardcore racetrack guys love KW coilovers. Just do some research throughout the net and you will more than likely see nothing but stellar reviews. Pretty much everyone already knows eibach is world renouned themselves for their springs. So 2 of the best companies coming together should net you a very nice coilover setup. I would say for daily comfort and occasional spirited driving if you are looking between the Teins and Eibachs go for the Eibachs. If you want the stiffer ride and do a lot of aggresive driving with some adjustability then go with the Teins. Also, with the Eibachs you will have to use your factory top hats just like tein basics and SS'. However with the Tein SS-P you will get a more responsive steering wheel a bit of a stiffer ride and depending on the installation possible noise. So keep all of these things in mind when you are making your final decision. BTW MrHeelToe can probably get the eibachs for you as well.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 PM
DER NEUE ^

Didn't know KW's responsible for Eibach coil over. KW actually sell one under their name too. I believe KW's warranty is life time though. Good shit!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:52 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
good info here...

ive got the eibach pro kit for my tls sitting in my room for like 4 weeks... dont know what to do with it just yet.... ive seen the eibach coilovers for quite a few weeks now, but it is pricey... but.. eibachs name surely is respected..... if you got the funds, i would pull the trigger!! give us all a good write up..

i am thinking about sticking with the eibach pro-kit 1" drop and getting either Koni's are eibach adjustable shock/struts
Old 09-15-2007, 05:50 PM
'06 NBP TL 6spd

these have been out for a while

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148229