Add me to Scuffed Rim Dept.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add my sorry ass. I hit a fricken curb yesterday taking a shortcut recommended by the Navi, hit a curb flying around a corner and scraped both passenger side wheels.

I feel like I sit a lot lower in this car than I did with my CL, with the seat as high as I can get it in the TL. I think it's throwing my car width estimation off.

Anyways...anybody know if body shops/rim shops can buff out stratches and gashes?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:25 AM
5th Gear

Add me here too.Damn that sucks.
Heres the story.I went to Kroger last night with my wife to get some milk for my newborn baby girl.Right when we are about to leave,the freakin store losses power and no one could check out.We realy needed to get some milk for the baby so we waited for power to come back up.After about 10 min,my wife get impatient and wants to leave.I wanted to wait but she just walks out leaving me there.So im like, ok fine and left too.(Big mistake).Me being tired and frustrated with my wife go to walmart.On the way there I had to make a u turn.Then BAM, scraped the rear left rim trying to hurry.
On the way back home we see Kroger back open with power.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Car Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone else want to split up a set? I just want one, with or without tires.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Racer

lol i keep doing this to my right front tire (stock 17's) when i park too close to the curb to avoid dings on the other side of the car from other cars, I bought some touch up paint at Walmart (just basic car paint touch up product, not meant for the car make/model nor a rim just a lucky guess when I saw the color) and luckily it matched almost perfect, the scratches are still there but atleast its the same color almost as the rest of the rim, I may try to find a place that fixes them after the winter.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:09 AM
clintrob

Originally Posted by clintrob
OK - add me BACK to the scuffed rim team, but this time it was NOT my fault...

the damn valet at a very nice hotel/restaurant scuffed my right front wheel Saturday nite!!! i was so pissed, and they didn't even tell me!! I have submitted a claim with the valet company- this may be a fight, but they better make it right...

it just makes me so mad, I just got one wheel fixed, and now another is scuffed

LESSON LEARNED: do NOT valet your car!! about 2 months ago I had a valet lock the keys in my old car with it running! I just have no luck with those valet guys... I'll park myself from now on!
finally got my 2nd wheel repaired. it took some time and negotiation to get the valet company to pay for it... a big lesson learned for me, don't valet your car, valet's aren't aware of the rim exposure on the TL.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Advanced

Add me to the list. Front right. Just needed to vent. My friend knows a good repair shop for this stuff, hopefully it will work out.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Intermediate

I got some curb damage to a rim last week. Thanks to this forum I found a guy in Cincinnati at www.mobilewheelrepair.com who fixed it for $75 in 45 minutes. I can't wash it for 2 weeks so I wish I had washed it before I took it to him. Also, he told me to be gentle washing that rim for a few months.