Won't start!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Won't start!

2004 TL Auto.....

UGH. OK Here's the sitch--ee-a-shun

My car is garage kept but last night I had to leave it outside. It rained about 3 inches or so by me and was cold (35 degrees).

Went to start it this morning and it did that thing where when it gets really hot or really cold sometimes the first start doesn't quite catch. Well I went to start it again and it just would not turn over. Battery and starter seem fine. It's cranking but won't catch spark and/or gas?

I was only able to wait about 5 minutes before going and it still would not start. Is it possible it is simply flooded? Wouldn't 5 mins would have been enough time to wait if this was the case? I'm trying again in a few hours so please talk me off the ledge. I don't need the hassle of a service trip right now...
Old 01-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Skeet Skeet Skeet

3 inches of rain shouldn't be enough to affect the major components of the car, try jumping it, if that does ork check to se if u are getting spark hope that helps
Old 01-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This happened to me once. The car sat in a parking garage for 4 days and it was below zero. The first attempt to start didn't take and then I had a hard time getting it to start. I just cranked the crap out of it until it turned over. Its likely flooded.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by djlandkpl
This happened to me once. The car sat in a parking garage for 4 days and it was below zero. The first attempt to start didn't take and then I had a hard time getting it to start. I just cranked the crap out of it until it turned over. Its likely flooded.

GOT IT! Cranked it for literally 7-10 seconds holding my breath that I wouldn't burn out the starter motor. It sounded more and more like it was trying to catch the longer I cranked and finally it turned over. WEIRD! The only thing I can think of is being out in the rain/cold all night but that should not happen!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:34 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by fishacura
2004 TL Auto.....

My car is garage kept but last night I had to leave it outside. It rained about 3 inches or so by me and was cold (35 degrees).

Went to start it this morning and it did that thing where when it gets really hot or really cold sometimes the first start doesn't quite catch. Well I went to start it again and it just would not turn over. Battery and starter seem fine. It's cranking but won't catch spark and/or gas?

I was only able to wait about 5 minutes before going and it still would not start. Is it possible it is simply flooded? Wouldn't 5 mins would have been enough time to wait if this was the case? I'm trying again in a few hours so please talk me off the ledge. I don't need the hassle of a service trip right now...
First check to see if the green key is flashing in the display. If it is then the car is imobilized simnply remove the key wait a min then try again if that doesnt work try a diffent key. However that isnt always the case press the gas pedal half way down and try starting the car. Acura/Honda actually published news that at times based on temp. the cars will not start to try that solution
Old 01-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fishacura
2004 TL Auto.....

read the Service Bulletin's i posted, it's a sticky on the top of the page. Your car may apply to one of them.