Window problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window problem

I'm having the some window problems the driver side window goes up when I press the up button but stops at half way, the passenger side goes all the way up with out no problems? If when it stops half way then I have to hold he up for the window to go all the way up. Can anyone help please?

2004 Acura Tl
Old 04-18-2009, 03:12 PM
'10 Shelby

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i have the same problem but only with my passenger side, it stopped for a while, but is happening again. Also curious what might be causing this.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:32 PM
boost 3G

i have the same issue with the driver side but it stops half way and goes back down!!
it has stopped for awhile now just hope it doesnt start again
Old 04-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There is a sensor that detects if something is in the way and it will stop the window to prevent for example crushing your fingers. Maybe there is something in the way like a spider web or something. Or maybe that sensor is bad or dirty and thinks something is there when it isn't.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Instructor

same here, its happening on the passenger side.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Originally Posted by trojanman10984
i have the same issue with the driver side but it stops half way and goes back down!!
it has stopped for awhile now just hope it doesnt start again
same exact thing happened to my 06, I think it was the window regulator that was replaced under warranty
Old 04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Common issue with a TSB out on it. TSB says to clean window tracks, apply the honda grease (some of the best out there) and then move the window up and down to spread. I had this done to all windows, since then they move up faster and smoothly!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Cruisin'

do this first
turn ignition ON
Fully lower the window using the window DOWN button.If the passenger’s power window control unit has been reset, you will not be able to lower the passenger’s window from the driver’s button until the next step has been completed.
- Pull up and hold the window UP button until the window is all the way up, then continue to hold the button for 1 second.
- Confirm the AUTO up and down function reset by lowering and raising the power window using the
AUTO up and AUTO down function. If the power window still does not operate normally in AUTO,
repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps.

if this doesn't fix it you need to replace either /or window regulator .. window run channel
--- if windows are tinted the tint might be draggin and no matter what u replace this problem will reocurr
Old 04-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by kotomoto
do this first
turn ignition ON
Fully lower the window using the window DOWN button.If the passenger’s power window control unit has been reset, you will not be able to lower the passenger’s window from the driver’s button until the next step has been completed.
- Pull up and hold the window UP button until the window is all the way up, then continue to hold the button for 1 second.
- Confirm the AUTO up and down function reset by lowering and raising the power window using the
AUTO up and AUTO down function. If the power window still does not operate normally in AUTO,
repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps.

if this doesn't fix it you need to replace either /or window regulator .. window run channel
--- if windows are tinted the tint might be draggin and no matter what u replace this problem will reocurr
Hey I did this and it stopped. At first it wasnt working but I kept trying..

Also I do have tints so maybe thats what causing the problem..Thanks guys
Old 04-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Cruisin'

Angry

[QUOTE=spree-dakid;10793089]Hey I did this and it stopped. At first it wasnt working but I kept trying..

Also I do have tints so maybe thats what causing the problem..Thanks guys

Today went to my car and problem came back, stop last night now its back again...
Old 04-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Originally Posted by kotomoto
do this first
turn ignition ON

This is the window AUTO function procedure... here's the TSB:

TSB 06-031: Front Door Glass Makes Noise or Stops When Going Up or Down
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/B06-031.PDF
Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Advanced

Just encountered this problem today with my used 05 TL Put the passenger window down without problem. When I tried to put it back up it went up about 2 inches and reveresed back down. There was frost on the window when I put it down, and snow yesterday. Could this be part of the problem. It was a cold drive into work