Well I'm bringing in my TL-S for warranty work this Saturday, I'm disappointed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Happy Holidays!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Well I'm bringing in my TL-S for warranty work this Saturday, I'm disappointed!

I've had these problems for a few months now but just haven't had the time to go to the dealership. The car was great for the first 3 months. I've owned it for about 13 months now.

My problems:

Infamous rear clunk (drives me crazy) - maybe I'll try to have them fix it but others on this forums said that the TSB ain't the solution.

Passenger seat squeaks - It's driving me nuts. It squeaks when I go over the slightest bump. It does it when I brake and or with sudden acceleration. It squeaks when I have a passenger; it squeaks when I don't have a passenger.

There is some sort of white felt material that is coming out from the inside of the car. It is located at the top left corner of the dashboard near the door. It is quite embarrassing when passengers ask me what the hell is that coming out of your car. I don't want to pull on it. I don't know what it is. I'll take some pictures later on tonight maybe.

I have major rattles in the sun roof.

I have a rattle in the center dash.

My windows rattle when I drive with them open.

I may have to trade this car in if they can't fix my issues. It's a great car with lot of features. I love it from day one. But it's driving me nuts day by day. I may have to move on to another brand (lexus, infinite, bmw). I am very disapointed.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
is the interior black?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Happy Holidays!

^ yes
Old 12-19-2007, 09:48 AM
J35A8

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I got mine fixed, it rides beautifully now.
In the process they had to remove the rear seat, so it corrected the rear seat problem.
Is it a white felt material, I pulled it out, but don't take my word for it, bring it to the dealer.
I haven't encountered any window, sunroof or dash rattles
With any car you will encounter issues,
Old 12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keep us up to date on the outcome. when i go for my first oil change i'm thinking of having some these issues looked at as well.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by jo-jo111
keep us up to date on the outcome. when i go for my first oil change i'm thinking of having some these issues looked at as well.
Yea I sure hope they can fix my problems. I don't want to do the whole car buying search all over again since my TL-S is only 13 months old. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:26 PM
hates the winter

Nothing is perfect, I don't see a reason of why you would have to trade the car in. It all seems very minor and I'm sure the dealership will fix it with no questions asked.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by ChrisQ1980
Nothing is perfect, I don't see a reason of why you would have to trade the car in. It all seems very minor and I'm sure the dealership will fix it with no questions asked.
The rear clunking issue is the worst! The current TSB does not fix the problem. It drives me insane at low speed. A car that costed me upwards of $35k SHOULD NOT have this problem. Also, I would expect Acura to have a fix by now. Acura surely knows about this widespread problem but when I call in to Acura they claim to have never heard of it until I bring up the TSB number. "Oh that clunking issue. Now I know what you are talking about."
Old 12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
'07 ASM TL NAV

im having the same issues with mine. let us know how it came out. the one that bugs me the most is the one coming form the driver side front widow when it is rolled down.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisQ1980
Nothing is perfect.

OP- good luck w/ getting your issues resolved.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:59 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
OK, it should be perfect when you buy it. We all know that it may not be that way so they offer a warranty. But if you don't take it to them to fix, what do you think will happen?

Not very reasonable if those are the circumstances. Give them at least one shot at correcting your concerns.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by MR1
OK, it should be perfect when you buy it. We all know that it may not be that way so they offer a warranty. But if you don't take it to them to fix, what do you think will happen?

Not very reasonable if those are the circumstances. Give them at least one shot at correcting your concerns.

I'll let u know how it goes when I get the car back.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer
I'll let u know how it goes when I get the car back.
I gave up on the rattles. They are non-stop. I got my p/s seat creak fixed though. Which dealer are you taking it to? I heard Stevens Creek is shady lol j/k.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
i have my car in the dealer as we speak for door rattle, headliner rattle, rattle in or near steering wheel, sunroof wind deflector rattles at partial opening...this is round two, so we shall see...i love the car and i understand that i will hear minor creaks and such, but i hear shit constantly....i want it fixed...

oh yea, what is the white felt stuff that keeps comming up from my window....
Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
I gave up on the rattles. They are non-stop. I got my p/s seat creak fixed though. Which dealer are you taking it to? I heard Stevens Creek is shady lol j/k.

I bought my car at Stevens Creek but I live in the SF area. I'll be taking the car to Acura of Serramonte. I hope they aren't shady. I've never been there.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:38 PM
J35A8

Originally Posted by vinnier6
i have my car in the dealer as we speak for door rattle, headliner rattle, rattle in or near steering wheel, sunroof wind deflector rattles at partial opening...this is round two, so we shall see...i love the car and i understand that i will hear minor creaks and such, but i hear shit constantly....i want it fixed...

oh yea, what is the white felt stuff that keeps comming up from my window....
I don't know if the white felt was a protective lining or something.
I pulled mine out.
Have the dealer take it off just in case.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
i pulled on it a little, but it didnt seem like it wanted to let go...so i pushed it down into the door futher...
Old 12-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Happy Holidays!

I just dropped my car off at Acura of Serramonte. That lady that helped me seem surprised at all my problems especially the rear clunk issue. I had to bust out my TSB (thanks Acurazine for the PDF). She was not ready for that LOL. I don't know when I'm going to get the car back but hopefully they can take care of my issues. I'll just sit and wait for the call.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Instructor

are u going to get a loaner?
Old 12-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by loojoohnnyl
are u going to get a loaner?
I asked for it and they said no more. Whatever!
Old 12-23-2007, 09:15 AM
J35A8

when they replaced my rear dampers it took less than 2 hrs.
I guess it'll depend on the tech.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by korrupted
when they replaced my rear dampers it took less than 2 hrs.
I guess it'll depend on the tech.
They probably had to order them I guess.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:22 AM
J35A8

Well they should order the parts, then have you come in.
Not leave your car there until the parts come in.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
If it helps, here is how I got my front passenger seat rattle fixed, with a list of parts they replaced:

Originally Posted by sixsixfour
I just want to share how I got my passenger seat fixed.

Initially they found that a bolt and two grommets were to blame. The bolt was loose and the two plastic grommets were broken. No biggie, they got those replaced and the noise went away.

But the thing is, apparently, when you take apart parts of the seat to get to those said parts, there are sensors that have to be replaced. Because my passenger SRS Airbag sensor indicator on the center console lit up and stayed up. they re-tightened the bolts and it went away, but then the indicator on my dash went up next. it went back and forth like that for the whole day that they tried to fix things and ultimately they called up Acura tech line and they were told to replace the entire bottom assembly - sensors, guides and all.

For all the wait, they gave me an 07 RDX loaner. I got nary a hassle, Wes from the service department was pleasant and great to deal with. They had to keep the car just overnight since the parts were ordered next day. After the new parts were installed and test driven, the noise was gone and all systems were go.

The parts replaced on my RO were the following:

1x 81110-SEP-A11 DEVICE. R. 4 WAY
1x 81167-SEP-A12 SENSOR ASSY., WEI
1x 81168-SEP-A12 SENSOR ASSY., WEI
4x 90143-SR3-000 BOLT-WASHER 10x2
4x 90135-S7A-J51 BOLT-WASHER 10x2

The description were as follows:

CUSTOMER REPORTS THAT THE RT FRT SEAT RATTLES MOST OF THE TIME, EVEN WHEN SOMEONE IS SITTING IN IT. HINGE LOOSE AT RT LOWER SEAT BOTTOM CORNER. REMOVED SEAT FROM CAR AND TIGHTENED LOOSE SEAT FRAME TO RT TRACK BOLT. UPON FURTHER INSPECTION FOUND PLASTIC GROMMET BROKEN AT HINGE AREA. REPLACED GROMMET AND TIGHTENED ALL FRAME TO SEAT TRACK BOLTS AND INSTALLED HINGE AND SEAT.

It was my first warranty experience at South Coast Acura and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone. I initially had my A-spec front lip done by them about a couple wof weeks before I brought the car in for service. That was initially when I met Wes and he was extremely helpful. Thats why I didnt hesitate to bring the car in for the warranty fix. They took real good care of me and I cant be happier now that the rattle is gone.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered JEDI

Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer
I've had these problems for a few months now but just haven't had the time to go to the dealership. The car was great for the first 3 months. I've owned it for about 13 months now.

My problems:

Infamous rear clunk (drives me crazy) - maybe I'll try to have them fix it but others on this forums said that the TSB ain't the solution.

Passenger seat squeaks - It's driving me nuts. It squeaks when I go over the slightest bump. It does it when I brake and or with sudden acceleration. It squeaks when I have a passenger; it squeaks when I don't have a passenger.

There is some sort of white felt material that is coming out from the inside of the car. It is located at the top left corner of the dashboard near the door. It is quite embarrassing when passengers ask me what the hell is that coming out of your car. I don't want to pull on it. I don't know what it is. I'll take some pictures later on tonight maybe.

I have major rattles in the sun roof.

I have a rattle in the center dash.

My windows rattle when I drive with them open.

I may have to trade this car in if they can't fix my issues. It's a great car with lot of features. I love it from day one. But it's driving me nuts day by day. I may have to move on to another brand (lexus, infinite, bmw). I am very disapointed.
Well maybe if you would take care of problems when they arise instead of putting them off and obsessing about them you would be a little more positive about your ride. They are only as good as the effort you put into them.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Happy Holidays!

Ok unbelievable! I just got a call from the service adviser and she said that the said the car is SUPER QUIET! Are they deaf? Now I need to go in and do a taste drive with the tech.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Happy Holidays!

edit *test* drive
Old 12-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Instructor

damn bro that sux. i bought my 04 used but when i took it in for the fading dash and some rattles all they did is apply some silicone and in few weeks it was back to normal so i went and bought some 305 Aerospray. The rattle issue is still not fixed but it never crossed my mind to trade the car in since its so awesome
Old 12-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Happy Holidays!

UPDATE

I just came back. I went on a drive with the tech. He was actually the foreman and not the tech that worked on my car. He was a pretty nice guy.

Rear clunk noise - confirmed

Passenger seat squeak - confirmed

Rear Sub rattle - Confirmed

Other random rattles - confirmed

White material coming out from the inside - fixed

I don't see how they could of missed all those noises. The service adviser lady finally decided to give me a loaner because I won't be getting my car back anytime soon. I'll just sit and wait for a call again.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Under your Acura...

honestly, it depends on what tech you get at the shop..

ask for a lead tech, team leader, or shop foreman to look at your car..

if we dont hear it, were not going to fix it , sorry.

i know about all those rattles, i fix them, its easy, it might be warrany, but i make up for it llater in the week..

next time, dont hit them with a laundry list.

we like to see a single complaint .lol.

trust me.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Happy Holidays!

^

I would like to get everything all fix at once. I don't have time to take it back there over and over again. They didn't even give me a loaner on the first visit. It's a hassle. It's time consuming. It's frustrating. But I have patience and faith that they can fix these issues. We'll see.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:23 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by Tech7427
we like to see a single complaint .lol.

trust me.
Seems like that depends on the shop. I'm sure most advisers would like that their customers have no need for repeat visits and get everything done at once. It helps their CSI to have the customer pleased without a comeback which directly reflects their pay.

I try to note any issues I have and get them done at once. My car is my office I'm in it more than the office at work. For it to be off the road more than necessary is a hassle.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:27 AM
10th Gear

I brought my 2006 TL to the dealer for like 8+ times for rattle issues and they are:

Loud clunk noise from front passenger seat: caused by the metal under the seat that shift the seat back and foward. Insert foam and fixed

Front center speaker rattle: caused by the speaker. insert foam and fixed fixed

rear passanger seat rattle on the left side: caused by the airbag curtain. insert foam and fixed.

rear deck clicking noise caused when radio turned on: design defect on rear speakers. entire rear deck/speakers replaced with special order and fixed.

Steeling wheel making loud clicking noise when driving in freeway: appeared after 9000 miles. not fixed

rattle at center console below the radio on the left side above the 2 flippy compartments. I can stop/reproduce the noise when i press at that spot. I can also stop/reproduce the noise when i press the tray in the 2 flippy compartments. 8 visit and the dealer finally fixed it but after 2 months it came back. not fixed

for my 1st 3 visit none of the rattle were fixed. so i got really angry and complain to the mananger and have him sit in my car on my forth visit and they fixed 4/5 rattles. Right now i'm trying to have them fix my center console rattle. anybody has any suggestion how to fix that?
Old 12-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Advanced

What's causing that real clunk noise? I have it too over some bumps, irritating. And what pdf where u talking about, in regards to fixing it from acurazine? I'd love to get rid of it too...

I'm also thinking of removing the rear seatbelt, one by woofer, sounds like someone's shaking a large chain when the bass hits. Not sure if it's related to the clunk though
Old 12-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Happy Holidays!

There is a large thread on this issue. The PDF is somewhere in the middle. You will have to read and search.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/04-supercharged-tl-150981/
Old 12-29-2007, 01:26 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Did you get it back yet?
Old 12-29-2007, 03:38 AM
Happy Holidays!

Originally Posted by MR1
Did you get it back yet?
I got a call from the service adviser telling me that parts just came in due to the holidays, but the tech hasn't started on my car for some reason. They expect the car to be done in the next couple of days. I'm just waiting and waiting and waiting.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Those shady dealerships. Luckily they gave you a loaner.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Intermediate

does anyone have their driver seatbelt housing rattle? The area by my left ear is getting louder. I have moved the adjustment up and down and it still does it.