VSA light and (!) light

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 06:13 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VSA light and (!) light

I have a 04 acura TL with 157k miles. I was driving to school and all of a sudden my VSA and (!) With triangle light comes on. My vsa switch won't work and lights won't go away. If I turn the car off and on again, then the light and sign goes away and my vsa switch will work. Not sure what's causing this problem..any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails VSA light and (!) light-1452730296824.jpg  
Old 01-17-2016, 09:37 AM
1st Gear

VSA light

I have the same problem with my 2005 TL stick shift with 66,500 miles.
My lights comes on when i'm driving to work after 15-20 mins in the morning.
When I turn it off and restart it comes off.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:09 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Has anyone figured out the problem yet?
Old 02-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,149 Likes on 775 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Hinchey
Has anyone figured out the problem yet?
Not in this thread; perhaps in one of the others.

If your car has a similar problem or dash light on, get the trouble code(s) read and post them if the code(s) don't immediately identify the issue.

Welcome to AZ.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Racer

I had the same problem and I had to take my car into the dealership to get my valve adjustment. They ended up resetting the light. This is what is on my service report:

VSA Light on

Cause: DTC 83-1 ECM RELATION, 84-1 SENSOR LOGIC FAILURE, 86-1 CAN RELATION FAILURE
00 VSA LIGHT ON
599 ISP

TECH TROUBLESHOOTED VSA LIGHT. ALL CONNECTIONS --OK-- TECH PERFORMED RESET PROCEDURE AND ROAD TESTED --NO CODES--

So for my issue, a reset was performed and so far so good with over 200 miles. I hope this helps!

Not sure what the procedure is to reset the VSA, do we have any Acura techs in the forum?

Last edited by EnvisionTL; 02-21-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EnvisionTL
I had the same problem and I had to take my car into the dealership to get my valve adjustment. They ended up resetting the light. This is what is on my service report:

VSA Light on

Cause: DTC 83-1 ECM RELATION, 84-1 SENSOR LOGIC FAILURE, 86-1 CAN RELATION FAILURE
00 VSA LIGHT ON
599 ISP

TECH TROUBLESHOOTED VSA LIGHT. ALL CONNECTIONS --OK-- TECH PERFORMED RESET PROCEDURE AND ROAD TESTED --NO CODES--

So for my issue, a reset was performed and so far so good with over 200 miles. I hope this helps!

Not sure what the procedure is to reset the VSA, do we have any Acura techs in the forum?
I had my mechanic look at it today.
He thinks it is a faulty IAC. He says that car is idling really high when it should be idling less and the sensors trigger the vsa light. IAC moter 246.00. If it takes care of the issue great if not well it sucks throwing money down the tubes. I hope he is right. Anyone out there think there is any truth to this. I have a 2002 acura tls
Old 02-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Instructor

oh i forgot to add codes

I had my mechanic look at it today.
He thinks it is a faulty IAC. He says that car is idling really high when it should be idling less and the sensors trigger the vsa light. IAC moter 246.00. If it takes care of the issue great if not well it sucks throwing money down the tubes. I hope he is right. Anyone out there think there is any truth to this. I have a 2002 acura tls
. The code that was read was 83-1. Ecm relation failure. Ecm code p1519 iacv circuit failure.
The following users liked this post:
drj30026abanba (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 11:55 AM
4th Gear

. The code that was read was 83-1. Ecm relation failure. Ecm code p1519 iacv circuit failure.
I recently cleaned my IACV with throttle body cleaner and after I reconnected the battery I got the VSA light and the (!) light too. My car doesn't idle as rough anymore but now I have these lights on. Do you think I should try a reset of the ECM before I rule it out as an IACV circuit failure? Thanks!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:07 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
You guys should use the search function. These types of issues are commonly addressed.
https://www.google.com/#q=acura+tl+vsa+and+triangle

To properly know what's going on with your vehicle, it must be scanned. Without codes, it's anyone's guess why lights are on. What causes one persons issue, isn't the likely fix for the next owner.

Referring only to OP,

What it sounds like you have, is a faulty brake light switch. This, is almost common for all VSA and Triangle light that show up on the dash. Most clear indication is that it occurs after x amount of time of driving and goes off or part of it goes off while driving or when restarted.

Just as if the check engine light goes on, there are 2,000 reasons why it's on. The best solution to OP and the others who have not gotten their vehicles scanned for codes, is to get them scanned and or have them fully diagnosed by an outside shop / dealer.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Instructor

My code that is read is 84-1 sensor memorization issue.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:01 AM
Instructor

I had an Acura dealer run my code and then clear them. Day two and seems to be no issue with the lights on anymore. Hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2024, 08:08 PM
4th Gear

Thumbs down

Hi Everyone,

So hear is my story. I have a 2004 Acura TL with 210,000 miles on it. My airbag light starting coming on only when someone was sitting in the front passenger seat. I brought it to my dealer and they said the buckle sensor was bad and they replaced it for free since it was still under the lifetime warranty. When I got the care back I had to re-enter my radio and navi code to get things going again. Usually they do that for me. I had to re-add all of my SiriusXM presets as well. Right away both VSA lights came on. I checked both of the fuses for the VSA for continuity and they were fine. I have been driving it and turning the engine on and off with regular driving for a few days. Sometimes that fixes issues like the check engine light when you don't put your gas cap on tight enough. I will contact my dealer tomorrow, but It is hard for me to find time to go to my dealer. Hopefully they can just reset the codes and it will be fixed. I will post again once my issue has been resolved.
Old 09-20-2024, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

Maybe?

2007 tl has the same issue and weirdly it was the transmission range s switch. Mines going out for the third time in 2 years
Old 09-20-2024, 07:55 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by m7hacke
Hi Everyone,

So hear is my story. I have a 2004 Acura TL with 210,000 miles on it. My airbag light starting coming on only when someone was sitting in the front passenger seat. I brought it to my dealer and they said the buckle sensor was bad and they replaced it for free since it was still under the lifetime warranty. When I got the care back I had to re-enter my radio and navi code to get things going again. Usually they do that for me. I had to re-add all of my SiriusXM presets as well. Right away both VSA lights came on. I checked both of the fuses for the VSA for continuity and they were fine. I have been driving it and turning the engine on and off with regular driving for a few days. Sometimes that fixes issues like the check engine light when you don't put your gas cap on tight enough. I will contact my dealer tomorrow, but It is hard for me to find time to go to my dealer. Hopefully they can just reset the codes and it will be fixed. I will post again once my issue has been resolved.
So what the delear had to do was update the firmware in my car and all was good.