Viper Remote Start Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:36 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Viper Remote Start Problem!

Hey everyone,

I just got the Viper 5906v Remote Start system installed in my 08 TL-S and came across a small problem. When I arm/disarm the car via the Viper remote, the parking lights do NOT flash like they did with the OEM remote. The interior lights do come on.

Now if I use the factory remote to arm/disarm the car the parking lights DO flash so that tells me they still work.

I'm not sure if this matters but I have my headlights set to "Auto". Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution? I know it's a small problem but it's annoying especially at night.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything relevant.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
why are you still using the factory remote?
The 5906v includes a security system in addition to remote start capabilities. So technically you only need one remote ( viper ) since this alarm installs adjacent to the factory keyless entry.

I would take it back to the installer and let them clean up the work.

this is the one you have?
Viper Color OLED 2-Way Security + Remote Start System
Old 01-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
why are you still using the factory remote?
The 5906v includes a security system in addition to remote start capabilities. So technically you only need one remote ( viper ) since this alarm installs adjacent to the factory keyless entry.

I would take it back to the installer and let them clean up the work.

this is the one you have?
Viper Color OLED 2-Way Security + Remote Start System
I'm actually not using the factory remote anymore other than for the key. I was just running some tests between the two remotes and that's how I came across that it works with one and not the other. Everything else works fine (remote start, arm/disarm, shock and tilt sensors)

I will be taking it back since it's sounding more like they either messed up the wiring or didn't connect it.

Yep that's the one I bought.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AZTLS08
I'm actually not using the factory remote anymore other than for the key. I was just running some tests between the two remotes and that's how I came across that it works with one and not the other. Everything else works fine (remote start, arm/disarm, shock and tilt sensors)

I will be taking it back since it's sounding more like they either messed up the wiring or didn't connect it.

Yep that's the one I bought.

I see now.
More than likely they forgot to wire the +12v wire for parking lights.....which is pretty weird because thats usually one of the more noticeable things when testing the product after install.

How do you like the range on the remote start?
The following users liked this post:
AZTLS08 (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Advanced

I see now.
More than likely they forgot to wire the +12v wire for parking lights.....which is pretty weird because thats usually one of the more noticeable things when testing the product after install.

How do you like the range on the remote start?
That's what I've been hearing too. I would have thought they would have done all this prior to giving me the car back. I didn't even notice until the other night.

I honestly haven't put the 5906v to the full test yet with the range. However, I have done it with an older Viper Remote start system that I had on my previous car, it was really great! At that time I was still in school so I was able to remote start and monitor while on campus or in classes.

This newer system seems really good though. I was looking at the Smart Start system to see if that added range since it uses cell towers but I'm not entirely sure.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by AZTLS08
That's what I've been hearing too. I would have thought they would have done all this prior to giving me the car back. I didn't even notice until the other night.

I honestly haven't put the 5906v to the full test yet with the range. However, I have done it with an older Viper Remote start system that I had on my previous car, it was really great! At that time I was still in school so I was able to remote start and monitor while on campus or in classes.

This newer system seems really good though. I was looking at the Smart Start system to see if that added range since it uses cell towers but I'm not entirely sure.

im contemplating the smartstart system but am really turned off by having to pay a monthly subscription.

at least with the 5906v you can add-on the smartstart module later on if need be.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Advanced

im contemplating the smartstart system but am really turned off by having to pay a monthly subscription.

at least with the 5906v you can add-on the smartstart module later on if need be.
I was looking into it too and then noticed the subscription as well. I looked at the YouTube videos of it in action and noticed that there was a slight delay in the commands.

You're right it's good that it can be added on. My next add-on will be the glass break sensor.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:20 AM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Yeah, they messed up. Take it back, probably can fix it while you wait...Either a missed wire or jumper, I can't remember...
AZTLS08 (01-30-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 01:25 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Yeah, they messed up. Take it back, probably can fix it while you wait...Either a missed wire or jumper, I can't remember...
Yep that's what I'm thinking too. I'm going to try and take it in tomorrow. I'll post what they say.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Advanced

I just thought I'd update you guys. I went in today and got it fixed in a few minutes. It was just a wiring issue that they fixed and now everything works great!

Thanks everyone for the advice and info! Much appreciated.
smsTL (12-26-2017)