For those who have had this happen 2 u *read*

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who have had this happen 2 u *read*

I park my car @ the local movie theatre and go see a movie. I come back and someone has keyed my whole side of my car, estimate is about 420$ for one scratch. They rode there bike into side of my car and made huge dents with large scratches, also they had walked around the car and scratched the back and the other side. Its just a beautifal thing that people do this. This fix will probably cost around 600$ easy.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
how big is the scratch? 420 isnt bad for fixing/matching paint on a scratch
Old 06-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Pro

My old black BMW was keyed on every panel and it cost $6600 for a complete repaint. I don't think you're going to get away for $420.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:44 PM
B A N N E D

I am 16 and I make about 8$ an hour at a summer job, and I had money 2 buy rims and now sadly now I dont. I have to spend it on getting my car fixed. GG
Old 06-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
They really should legalize murder for cases like this.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:26 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It cost me $450 to get my rear bumper and a small ding in it fixed when someone hit my brand new TL. It cost me $475 to get 2 small scratches fixed in the 2 right doors (they hit both doors...grr...) on my my wife's MDX.

Can't believe someone would do something like this to your car...sure it isn't someone after you or something personal?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:57 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by holybear
I am 16 and I make about 8$ an hour at a summer job, and I had money 2 buy rims and now sadly now I dont. I have to spend it on getting my car fixed. GG
That sux dude...sorry to hear that. Did you piss somebody off or what? This usually doesnt happen without provocation of some sort....that or maybe they are jealous?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:23 PM
B A N N E D

It happened while I was sitting in a movie w/ a buddy watchin da vinci code and it was around like 1 AM or something. The movie theatre is HUGE. so no one would have spotted me out of a group. THey walked around my car and just keyed the whole thing. I mean, I don't understand why ppl scratch other peoples cars outta jealousy?, those people need 2 possibly get a job, maybe g2 college. idk get a fucking life. if i found out who did it i would ruin there life.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:56 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

It happened while I was sitting in a movie w/ a buddy watchin da vinci code and it was around like 1 AM or something. The movie theatre is HUGE. so no one would have spotted me out of a group. THey walked around my car and just keyed the whole thing. I mean, I don't understand why ppl scratch other peoples cars outta jealousy?, those people need 2 possibly get a job, maybe g2 college. idk get a fucking life. if i found out who did it i would ruin there life.
I would agree totally. Been there. Had a 1997 GTA Trans Am and somebody keyed it down one whole side....so I know. Found out later....Boys in the Hood or something like that was playing in the other theatre next to the restaurant I was in at the time and the opening schene was some kid running a key down the side of somebodys car (saw the movie later....not sure if that was it....but it was one of those type of movies) and I guess they came right out and did my car the exact same as they saw in the movie. My car was parked on the curb right in front of the front door too.... I was all like....shit...wtf.....damn key mark was there till the day I got rid of the car too. Buffed it out a lot.....but I could still see it.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:09 PM
JARON

I park my car @ the local movie theatre and go see a movie. I come back and someone has keyed my whole side of my car, estimate is about 420$ for one scratch. They rode there bike into side of my car and made huge dents with large scratches, also they had walked around the car and scratched the back and the other side. Its just a beautifal thing that people do this. This fix will probably cost around 600$ easy.
wow that sucks, im sorry to hear that. when i was 16 i got a lot of that shit. its just other people are haters man.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Racer

Where I work, there were two 10-12 year olds that thought it would be fun to key all the cars down a row of parked cars. Luckily they were caught by some employees that happened to look out the window and the police took them away. They ended up keying about a dozen cars before they were stopped. I was told that their parents were going to be held responsible for all the tens of thousands of dollars in damage their kids caused for fun.

If it costs approx. $2000 to fix a keyed car and they hit 12 cars. 2000 x 12 = $24,000. I am sure their parents beat the living sh*t out of them.

The funny thing is that when I saw the kids being held by the police, you could see which one of the kids was the bad seed. One kid was crying his eyes out and the other one was sitting there completely smug and calm. He is definetly going to get used to having bars around him as he gets older.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:11 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
my moms car was keyed the other day. im trying to do a diy fix on it before going through insurance. fuckers got the d/s fender, d/s front door, d/s rear door, and the rear d/s panel.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:16 AM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davenlei
Where I work, there were two 10-12 year olds that thought it would be fun to key all the cars down a row of parked cars. Luckily they were caught by some employees that happened to look out the window and the police took them away. They ended up keying about a dozen cars before they were stopped. I was told that their parents were going to be held responsible for all the tens of thousands of dollars in damage their kids caused for fun.

If it costs approx. $2000 to fix a keyed car and they hit 12 cars. 2000 x 12 = $24,000. I am sure their parents beat the living sh*t out of them.

The funny thing is that when I saw the kids being held by the police, you could see which one of the kids was the bad seed. One kid was crying his eyes out and the other one was sitting there completely smug and calm. He is definetly going to get used to having bars around him as he gets older.
There's hope for the crying kid. The other one aspires to be someone's bitch, apparently.

My wife drives a GMC Yukon. Maybe it's the fact it's an SUV or that it has a killer cat-back exhaust that sounds like a Winston Cup car, but she's been keyed and, recently, egged. I've ridden with her enough to know she probably didn't do anything with her driving to provoke it, but both things happened while the car was parked. The egging was while parked in a friend's driveway. At least egg washes off. The key marks are there for the long haul.

I have zero tolerance for people who vandalize other people's property. If I caught someone wrecking my cars, they'd wish the police caught them first.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Advanced

i heard the protein from the eggs can do some serious damage to the paint.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:42 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Sorry about the keying, but how do you afford a car like this on $8/hour?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Advanced

Yea, not hating or anything, but 16 with a TL...I dont know you, but i guarantee you drive that thing with the maturity of a 16 year old. Maybe you just cut the wrong person off and they followed you to the movie and decided to teach you a lesson. Of course if you feel like a victim then lesson not learned...

Either way it sucks...
Old 06-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Masakatsu Agatsu

Two days out of the dealership I got a nasty scratch and I mean nasty deep scratch on the driver's door of my 05 TL. You wouldn't beleive how devastated I was. And it happened in a good neighborhood too, right in front of my office door in Manhattan. Had to repaint the entire driver's side to make the paint match. Did it at a dealer's approved shop, cost me just over $600. They did an amazing job. Two weeks later I parked in Brooklyn in a good neighborhood too and got a scratch on a rear passenger's side door, but not as bad. I left that one as is because it's hardly noticeable on an anthracite. On one hand I would like to get my hands on one of these guys, on the other I thank God it didn't happen, cause I probably would end up in jail for manslaughter.
So I feel for you, man.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:05 PM
B A N N E D

My dad bought me this car, I drive like every other person that has an expensive car. I stay away from danger and try to not get my car all banged up, I am paying for ANYTHING after what the STOCK 06 ACURA TL is. Like any modifications. I drive respectivly, i use my turn signal, i speed appropriatly, and I never cut anyone off, I dont do shit 2 other people that dont want it done to them. I know how it feels, and I am not a jagbag when I drive.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Shit just happend to me tonight after a movie as well.

My TL got keyed all around and now I'm gonna have to fork out $300 for insurance.
Some of those scratches were down to the metal. Now i'm worried about how good my paint job will come out next week.

people who do these things really need to learn a lesson.

those dumb asses are probably jealous and wanted me to get upset.

I admit I am upset and knowing that I only work part time won't help me out that much.

I'll just let it go this time and hope that something good will come my way to cover this up.

I had to vent here anyways................

Shit happens and its just part of life.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:18 PM
B A N N E D

Well, I havent gotten my car fixed yet, and i came home and my brother had taken the car out a few days ago and guess what, my whole headlight is scratched and the front left body is scratched up 2 the metal, no buffing there, if i get time to take pictures, I will. My buddys dad is going to try n buff out my other huge scratch on the door, i think that the body shops r trying to rip me off. i think it can be buffed.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:11 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by davenlei
I was told that their parents were going to be held responsible for all the tens of thousands of dollars in damage their kids caused for fun.

I truely hope you are right and that their parents got held responsible...but in most cases...the cops tell the victims that....at the same time telling them to contact their insurance companies.....and the parents rarely end up having to pay jack in the end...but I sure hope they did get held accountable! That would be sweet! Kids may end up in Juvenile hall....maybe....may end up with a trial or something and being charged...but the liability seems to slip by the parents about 95% of the time.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Racer

i was at a mall once with my 2 friends doing my shopping, when i had my 05 4runner and i had it parked in the parking lot normally in the middle, not taking up two spaces or anything. i come out, and i see 4 punks right by my truck keying the shit out my truck. i was going crazy and my friend told me to stay calm and we run on different sides to get them. so we run up to them and have them blocked in. i take the one punk with the key in his hand and threw him on the car. i threatened them not to move until the cops came. the cops came took them away, got a police report. 2 weeks later got my check to have my car repaired. i just wish i had more time with myself with those punks so i could have taught them a real lesson
Old 07-06-2006, 07:40 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by imrantl
i was at a mall once with my 2 friends doing my shopping, when i had my 05 4runner and i had it parked in the parking lot normally in the middle, not taking up two spaces or anything. i come out, and i see 4 punks right by my truck keying the shit out my truck. i was going crazy and my friend told me to stay calm and we run on different sides to get them. so we run up to them and have them blocked in. i take the one punk with the key in his hand and threw him on the car. i threatened them not to move until the cops came. the cops came took them away, got a police report. 2 weeks later got my check to have my car repaired. i just wish i had more time with myself with those punks so i could have taught them a real lesson
Ahhh dude...thats sweet!! That doesnt happen often does it! Woohoo!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 PM
4th Gear

I still have paper license plates - thats like putting a sign on your car that says KEY ME PLEASE!

I hope since TL is in its 3rd year it will not stick out quit as much.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by z71bill
I still have paper license plates - thats like putting a sign on your car that says KEY ME PLEASE!

I hope since TL is in its 3rd year it will not stick out quit as much.
hmm sorry ...I'm not sure what you mean here...can you explain alittle more.
thanks
Old 07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

MY shop told me that my car will be in the shop for 2-4 weeks b/c they need to take off every panel and fender and door knob to paint everything properly and avoid overspray.

That means My car won't be done untill 6 weeks after b/c I gotta wait 2 weeks from now.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:57 AM
4th Gear

chewi

Paper license plates - the ones that the dealer put on your car so you can drive while you are waiting for the state to send your regular license plates - make your car stick out - it screams - NEW car. The jerks who key cars - think its much more fun to key a brand new car VS an old junker.

Same concept with the 2006 being in its 3rd model year - it has a little bit lower profile - when you see one drive by or parked you may notice it - but it is not like WOW - thats the brand new model - I want to be the first one to scratch it!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by z71bill
chewi

Paper license plates - the ones that the dealer put on your car so you can drive while you are waiting for the state to send your regular license plates - make your car stick out - it screams - NEW car. The jerks who key cars - think its much more fun to key a brand new car VS an old junker.

Same concept with the 2006 being in its 3rd model year - it has a little bit lower profile - when you see one drive by or parked you may notice it - but it is not like WOW - thats the brand new model - I want to be the first one to scratch it!
thanks for the explanation my friend....

That makes alot more sense now
Old 07-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

I have to admit ...... PAYBACK felt good.

I've had the misfortune of having a car egged and having to go through the repaint process ......NOT fun.
I also have been TEMPTED to let the air out of tires on some of these cars who have to take two or even three parking spots in a lot where parking is limited. No, I haven't only because I wouldn't want that to happen to me. Then again, letting the air out of the tires isn't damage as long as the owner notices before driving off ... how could they not??

PAYBACK? Walking out from a theater with my then g/f one evening and like any other person who loves their ride ('70 Challenger) I have eyelock as soon as we hit the lot. I watched as a woman with a POS parked next to me and to my amazement also watched as she opened her door into mine. It was enough to see my car move ....... so we're standing there while she's on the phone and she goes to walk away without even a glance. I said "Hey, wtf??" and she looked at me and said "sorry 'bout that". No fucking way that just happened. So, we get in the car, back out and I drive to the end of the row and tell my g/f I'll be right back. Ofcourse, I had to take another look at my damage before walking back to her car ..... I took the heal of my boot to her driver's door and kicked her side view mirror off. I've never done anything like this before or since. My g/f knew what I was going to do and then proceeded to chew my ass the majority of the way home. I was 19 at the time and have grown up some since then
Old 07-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Mofo

Originally Posted by Mnkybiznes
I've had the misfortune of having a car egged and having to go through the repaint process ......NOT fun.
I also have been TEMPTED to let the air out of tires on some of these cars who have to take two or even three parking spots in a lot where parking is limited. No, I haven't only because I wouldn't want that to happen to me. Then again, letting the air out of the tires isn't damage as long as the owner notices before driving off ... how could they not??

PAYBACK? Walking out from a theater with my then g/f one evening and like any other person who loves their ride ('70 Challenger) I have eyelock as soon as we hit the lot. I watched as a woman with a POS parked next to me and to my amazement also watched as she opened her door into mine. It was enough to see my car move ....... so we're standing there while she's on the phone and she goes to walk away without even a glance. I said "Hey, wtf??" and she looked at me and said "sorry 'bout that". No fucking way that just happened. So, we get in the car, back out and I drive to the end of the row and tell my g/f I'll be right back. Ofcourse, I had to take another look at my damage before walking back to her car ..... I took the heal of my boot to her driver's door and kicked her side view mirror off. I've never done anything like this before or since. My g/f knew what I was going to do and then proceeded to chew my ass the majority of the way home. I was 19 at the time and have grown up some since then

I can't say what you did was the right thing, or the mature thing. But hey, I can't blame you, i think MANY of us would've done the same (myself included)
Old 07-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

You went Albert Belle on her ass
Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 AM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

Originally Posted by maluskills
I can't say what you did was the right thing, or the mature thing. But hey, I can't blame you, i think MANY of us would've done the same (myself included)
What really bothers me about what she (and others ^) did isn't so much the damage incurred but, more so the lack of concern or respect for someone elses property.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:00 AM
4th Gear

Although I don't think you can measure people based on the amount of money they have - or by the car they drive -

I never park next to an old junky vehicle - the 1974 Surburban that looks like it has been through a meteor shower may be driven by someone who really cares - and would never scratch the car paked beside them - but I would rather take my chances parked next to a newer car with no body damage.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Advanced

yeah i have a 04 TL and i have alread have someone hit it with a door, i was mad at first but then i got over it. but my girl lol, she makes a mess, i was like woman lol clean up after yourself lol. at time she will put stuff on the car, im like NOOOOOO. but then im like w.e. but feel bad for hearing that happen to you man.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

Hell my TL was keyed and they hit the hood, the front right fender, down the right passenger front door and into the rear door.

it was a fortune.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Cruisin'

This is why I have a $50 comprehensive deductible on my insurance. Surprisingly enough, it does not cost that much more than the $250 or $500 deductible levels. I figured that sooner or later a rock on the road or a jerk in a parking lot was going to blemish my car while it is still new. I did not want to worry about getting little dings and having to think about having them fixed or not.

My insurance guy told me that as long as I don't 'abuse' the comprehensive coverage, my premiums will not increase.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
My ex keyed the side of mine. Estimate was $1,500. I paid the $500 deductable. She sat in jail for a night, got sued by my insurance, I got a restraining order on her and served her at work to embarass her, she totaled her TL with no insurance a month later and might lose her leg. Karma is a bitch and so was she.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:32 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Karma is a bitch and so was she.
Ahhhhh.... Poetry..........