sticking / popping Power steering?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 10:37 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sticking / popping Power steering?

What's good familia?!

Been doing some searching and have found no clear solution to my problem and wanted to reach out to see if anyone else has this issue.

I think it's related to the the turing at low speeds.

when parked or at low speeds, when I turn the week I am hearing a popping sound and a stuck steering wheel sensation. The pop comes after the wheel breaks loose from whatever is keeping it from turning evenly. I noticed it in the winter months when it was colder and it only did it when the car was cold, but now that it's summer its doing it a lot. only at slow speeds or when turning the wheel at a stop.

I have already replaced the o-rings, the hoses, and the pump itself. I also just had the timing belt and water pump + oil seal package done at a very reputable shop who did not not indicate there was any leaks in the steering rack.

I have a feeling it's the power steering power steering pressure sensor (switch). or maybe a failing pump....but like I said, i just replaced it.

thanks!
Old 09-14-2017, 02:08 AM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
I'm not feeling any kind of "stuck" sensation when turning, but are the sounds like the ones in the video I posted in this thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...ething-962466/
Old 09-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im in the same boat whenever i'm backing out or turning the wheels have replaced many of parts. Its not ur mounts, compliance bushings, sway bar links or axles not even the rack and pinion, which i at one point believed it was. Iv changed all of the parts i've named and believe the culprit might be my upper control arm and the ball joint attached to it just needa save up for a bit in order to purchase and change it out