SRS codes 6-1 & 9-2 ABS code 6-1 ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS codes 6-1 & 9-2 ABS code 6-1 ???

Hello all,
Hoping someone can tell me what the srs 9-2 code and the ABS code 6-1 mean? I know the srs code 6-1 indicates a driver seat belt buckle issue?
Voltage/ BATTERY are good.. I have a dealer appointment for next week and am hoping they will fix all issues under warranty.
Has anyone had these codes and dealt with the dealer? I want to be prepared when I am lied to.
THANKS again guys.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05tlguy
Hello all,
Hoping someone can tell me what the srs 9-2 code and the ABS code 6-1 mean? I know the srs code 6-1 indicates a driver seat belt buckle issue?
Voltage/ BATTERY are good.. I have a dealer appointment for next week and am hoping they will fix all issues under warranty.
Has anyone had these codes and dealt with the dealer? I want to be prepared when I am lied to.
THANKS again guys.
I also have an SRS code 6-1 aswell as 9-2. Assuming 6-1 is the drivers seat belt, what did they say 9-2 was? And were they both covered under lifetime warrantee?
Old 03-16-2019, 05:16 AM
Advanced

Code 61 is the seat belt. I think 92 was an abs sensor.
I made an appointment with the dealer and when I spoke to the service writer the morning I brought it in, I told him I was getting 6-1 one and it was the seat belt. I sort of didn't give him any wiggle room.
He was aware of what it was and it seemed like a common occurrence.
they checked the codes and found the same one and replace the seat belt. The other codes were cleared out at the same time. Never had an issue since. Was replaced under lifetime warranty. Really nohassle from the dealer at all.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:32 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 05tlguy
Code 61 is the seat belt. I think 92 was an abs sensor.
I made an appointment with the dealer and when I spoke to the service writer the morning I brought it in, I told him I was getting 6-1 one and it was the seat belt. I sort of didn't give him any wiggle room.
He was aware of what it was and it seemed like a common occurrence.
they checked the codes and found the same one and replace the seat belt. The other codes were cleared out at the same time. Never had an issue since. Was replaced under lifetime warranty. Really nohassle from the dealer at all.
That is great to know. Did they make you pay the diagnostic fee or was everything taken care of on their end?
Old 03-17-2019, 05:51 AM
Advanced

No, no charge because of warranty..btw, I could tell mine was the belt buckle because I was in the habit of fastening my seatbelt before I would start the car. -Anytime after this point that I would remove the seat belt with the car running ,the light would come on and it wouldn't go away when I would put the seat belt back into the buckle. Also, the seatbelt warning chimes would not work when the seat belt light was on in the dash.... Just a few telltale signs I had.
was a bit confusing for me to diagnose because I was getting three different codes and possibly four at different times while using the paperclip method referenced on this website.
I cleared all the codes the morning I took the car to the dealership with the only code remaining being the 61 code. They didn't tell me if they found any other codes, but I do know that after they replaced the Buckle, I never had another issue and no current codes are stored. Good luck.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:14 AM
10th Gear

I also used the method of bridging the pins to read the codes and got 2-3 codes. How did you clear the codes before you went to the dealer, just disconnect your battery? I did that to try and reset mine but after reconnecting it all of the codes stayed.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:55 AM
Advanced

Yes, I believe I disconnected the battery and took a long screwdriver connecting positive and negative cables to drain any remaining charge in the system. I let the car sit for an hour to be sure. Connected to cables and made sure to fasten the seatbelt before I started the car on my way to the dealer and didn't unfasten until I had shut the car off when I got there. Don't know if any of this made a difference however.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:55 AM
Advanced

After thinking about it, I used a method to clear the codes using the brake pedal. The method is referenced in one of the links below this page. If you don't see it, just do a search on how to clear a VSA and ABS codes.