Sqeaky Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sqeaky Brakes

Hey i just had a quick question if you all could help me out. I have my 05 tl for about year and a half and about 8000 miles on it. Yesterday when i was taking her out for a cruise i start noticing that my brakes were starting to sqeak. Should I take it into my Acura dealer to have it checked out and would this steal be under my warranty? if you could please help me out. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
is it a squeak or a metal on metal sound? you have 6spd or an auto?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

i think its a sqeaky sounds and i have a auto.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey man i have an auto 05 TL as well, exactly had it for a year and a half but damn only 8000 miles? lol holy crap ive put up 32,000 on mine..wow you must not drive that much. anyways thats besides the point..my brakes have been screeching like shit as well, its annoying as crap! and im scared to take it to the dealer bc acura dealers are assholes with my car since i have an aftermarket intake and 2 aftermarket mufflers and all this junk, but i heard u can go to midas and just get them redone? thats all they really need..
Old 12-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

yea i dont drive her too much, still kinda babying her until i can afford to pay for my aftermarket parts. right now tuition is wooping my but plus trying to afford my monthly payments. but as of right now since i dont have that much aftermarket parts on it i might bring it to the dealer and see what they can do since i barely drive it and it is starting to screech because i should still be under warranty. anybody else have problems with screeching brakes?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem. Look at the rotors on the front, do you notice pronounced grooves?

I've heard people do a few emergency stops, but that only works if your rotors are glass smooth and the pads are chattering against the rotor (happens with a lot of in town driving and light brake usage).
Old 12-13-2006, 11:11 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by badboy4life1169
hey man i have an auto 05 TL as well, exactly had it for a year and a half but damn only 8000 miles? lol holy crap ive put up 32,000 on mine..wow you must not drive that much. anyways thats besides the point..my brakes have been screeching like shit as well, its annoying as crap! and im scared to take it to the dealer bc acura dealers are assholes with my car since i have an aftermarket intake and 2 aftermarket mufflers and all this junk, but i heard u can go to midas and just get them redone? thats all they really need..
Its your age...not necessarily the mods. I dont get that type of crap at my age....they know better....and my car screams mods from the word go.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:19 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by DiZlAoSbOiSoFlY
Hey i just had a quick question if you all could help me out. I have my 05 tl for about year and a half and about 8000 miles on it. Yesterday when i was taking her out for a cruise i start noticing that my brakes were starting to sqeak. Should I take it into my Acura dealer to have it checked out and would this steal be under my warranty? if you could please help me out. Thanks.
Gee...I might go and check the ACura dealer first? YOu only have 8000 miles for gods sake. As for "steal" being under your warrantee....4 year 50000miles...BUT...fact is...brakes are a wear and tear item...BUT...8000miles is a bit on the wrong side of the fence as far as milage goes...should have gotten WAY more. This is most likely gonna be a regional manager call on that one. Depends on the dealer. Technically...you are NOT under warrantee and are past the time they would have covered the bumper to bumper....(I think) but sometimes they make good faith decisions to make right where something has a shortcoming....and this seems that it might fit that bill....but again...kind of up to your local dealer.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

hey thanks for you help, yea i probably would take it to the dealer. It wouldn't hurt to try and get it fix under warranty. hey michael i was wondering if you got your 07key fob made already? and also i love the mods you have done to your car also. iwhere did you get a carbon fiber hood?

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Gee...I might go and check the ACura dealer first? YOu only have 8000 miles for gods sake. As for "steal" being under your warrantee....4 year 50000miles...BUT...fact is...brakes are a wear and tear item...BUT...8000miles is a bit on the wrong side of the fence as far as milage goes...should have gotten WAY more. This is most likely gonna be a regional manager call on that one. Depends on the dealer. Technically...you are NOT under warrantee and are past the time they would have covered the bumper to bumper....(I think) but sometimes they make good faith decisions to make right where something has a shortcoming....and this seems that it might fit that bill....but again...kind of up to your local dealer.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:20 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by DiZlAoSbOiSoFlY
hey thanks for you help, yea i probably would take it to the dealer. It wouldn't hurt to try and get it fix under warranty. hey michael i was wondering if you got your 07key fob made already? and also i love the mods you have done to your car also. iwhere did you get a carbon fiber hood?
No...I sure dont. I got the CF hood off of ebay....but its a double sided Versus Motorsports hood. Thanks for the compliments!