So Pissed

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Skillionare

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So Pissed

So while this maybe (not maybe I realize it is) is a minor issue to some but I just got around to putting plates on my car and when I get the front plate holder off my bumper I realize that some jack ass at the stealership hooked me up with 3 extra holes in my bumper. While I realize it's too late to do anything about it considering I bought the damn thin back at the end of February, I did learn a valuable lesson from this. That lesson is to always inspect the front bumper for any extra holes that do not belong and have the dealership take care of it as part of a condition of purchase. The car was immaculate, I just want to know what the hell goes through someone's head when they do this. 3 extra unthreaded holes in a perfectly sexy bumper. This should be a crime. while I am going to be emailing them to advise them of a flaw in their process, i don't imagine this will go anywhere. And the reason I didn't think about was because my train of though is, hey I am at a Mercedes/BMW dealership. they don't drill holes in their bumpers......Right?????? WRONG!!! Ugh I think I am going to ride this season out with the stupid plate on the front then next season pony up the cash to have the holes filled and the damn bumper re-painted. Just thought I would vent and to those who found themselves with the misfortune I have, are there any suggestions? Or am i thinking along the right lines with the repaint?

On a side note I know things could be a lot worse. Like I could be in Japan and holes in my bumper would be the least of my worries.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM
-Brian

Received 241 Likes on 167 Posts
What's the big deal if the plates cover them?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Skillionare

Originally Posted by nexson
What's the big deal if the plates cover them?
The big deal is that I had a perfectly immaculate sexy front bumper and wanted to show it off w/o the plates. Now I perfectly understand there are holes that the OEM puts to accommodate the front plates and some jack hole took it upon him/herself to add 3 more. I mean was it really necessary? I consider the front of the car to be like that perfect ass you see fill a pair of jeans on a hot female specimen. Expect now it's all saggy....... boooooo.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Acutron
The big deal is that I had a perfectly immaculate sexy front bumper and wanted to show it off w/o the plates. Now I perfectly understand there are holes that the OEM puts to accommodate the front plates and some jack hole took it upon him/herself to add 3 more. I mean was it really necessary? I consider the front of the car to be like that perfect ass you see fill a pair of jeans on a hot female specimen. Expect now it's all saggy....... boooooo.
Not to be a jerk but ditto "nexson". What State do you live in where it's legal not to have a front plate? The dealer might have added some holes but you can always cover them with something else.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:35 AM
PWP 2010 TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Get some plugs and paint them to match the color of your car. You'll be fine.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by Acutron
..... some jack ass at the stealership hooked me up with 3 extra holes in my bumper.

.... The car was immaculate, I just want to know what the hell goes through someone's head when they do this. 3 extra unthreaded holes in a perfectly sexy bumper. This should be a crime. ......

That is a first class rant. Well done.

We should do a poll on what the sentence is when convicted of this crime. I'd go for "Technician donate's their sack to some redneck with a 4x4 to use 'truck nuts."
Old 04-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Skillionare

Originally Posted by candrews
Not to be a jerk but ditto "nexson". What State do you live in where it's legal not to have a front plate? The dealer might have added some holes but you can always cover them with something else.
Whether or not it is legal to have a front plate or not that does not excuse what they did to this formerly perfect bumper.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:03 PM
~*~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel your pain, while quite a minor issue there's just something about knowing you have an untouched bumper.

I live in NY where front plates are required, but I've been rolling issueless without one for almost 2 years (knock on wood!).

Can't understand why someone would insist on putting three extra holes in the bumper, the two that are there already are more than enough, plate or not!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Skillionare

Originally Posted by TLMunchkin37
I feel your pain, while quite a minor issue there's just something about knowing you have an untouched bumper.

I live in NY where front plates are required, but I've been rolling issueless without one for almost 2 years (knock on wood!).

Can't understand why someone would insist on putting three extra holes in the bumper, the two that are there already are more than enough, plate or not!
Exactly. I was all excited to show off the sweet sexy front end of this car, which IMO makes the car and low and behold, 3 extra holes. BONUS WEEKEND!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
I agree with the OP. I would be PISSED if a stupid dealership drilled holes in my bumper when friggin Acura put two holes there for you!!!!!!!!!! Absolute stupidity and yes these are the kind of people that work at dealerships that are clueless and could careless about the car. Whats nice about how the bumper comes originally is that if you dont want a plate simply cap the holes with the OEM painted caps and its perfectly clean looking.
I dont run a front license plate and my car has the plugs in place. Looks great!

Sorry that someone did that to your car.

James
Old 04-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Skillionare

Thanks James ^. I know a place here in town that can repaint bumpers for a moderately fair price. I hope its not too much extra to fill holes etc. What's really fucked up about it is that the bumper has been clear bra'd
Old 04-25-2011, 02:14 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
I agree with the OP. I would be PISSED if a stupid dealership drilled holes in my bumper when friggin Acura put two holes there for you!!!!!!!!!! ....
Damn right. It's pathetically stupid.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Skillionare

Originally Posted by Bearcat94

That is a first class rant. Well done.

We should do a poll on what the sentence is when convicted of this crime. I'd go for "Technician donate's their sack to some redneck with a 4x4 to use 'truck nuts."
Sounds like a fair deal.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,960 Likes on 14,480 Posts
That would absolutely piss me off too...even the first two holes would piss me off...why don't they mount them underneath the opening with the plate bracket like on some other cars?!?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Skillionare

Well I emailed the dealership and the business director of operations said I should get a follow up and that this is not common. We will see. Again I am not expecting anything but I thought it would be fair to let them know about a flaw in their processes. Especially if they are moving units. Used BMW's and Mercedes still are priced towards the high end crowd.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
~*~

Pursue it with the Director of Op's. They don't like bad press or ratings with Acura of America. Any time I've pursued something in writing with an Acura dealership at that level, they've been more than accommodating.

Good luck!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Skillionare

Originally Posted by TLMunchkin37
Pursue it with the Director of Op's. They don't like bad press or ratings with Acura of America. Any time I've pursued something in writing with an Acura dealership at that level, they've been more than accommodating.

Good luck!
If the pics aren't good enough to convince them I have an email forwarded from the Director of ops to one of his managers that gives me a pretty good inside look as to the culture and how they really think about their customers. The manager replied to the email forwarded by the director and when the director forwarded it the manager here was the body of his email:

"FYI" (because my grievance was attached) followed by LOL!

I even have another email of the manager advising me that they could not have done this because it wasn't on the inspection report. I sent them pics of their plates and screw set and my bumper, so we will see. Hopefully I got something going here. LOL! (<- see what I did there)
Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
~*~

Wow, they really wrote "LOL" ?! VERY unprofessional...clearly someone forgot to remove the email trail before replying to you. That's actually to your benefit if you need to pursue this.

If you don't get satisfaction and you really want to pursue it for a new bumper due to the damage they caused you should look up the complaint department at your local DMV. I didn't know it existed until recently after dealing with a shitty Acura dealership. I was told by an independent shop that the DMV complaints department handles claims against dealerships, repair shops, etc...which aren't assisting the customer in resolving an issue.

Again, it's not a big deal but you paid for a car in the condition in which they advertised it. You were sold a car with a damaged bumper which wasn't disclosed at the time of purchase. Maybe I'm getting too Business Law 101 with it, but I'd pursue it if you feel strong enough. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Skillionare

in progress with the pursuit. will update this thread with any outcomes.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Skillionare

Update

going to dealer in a week to have the holes filled and the bumper repainted for free!!!!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!!