SO Frustrated with Brake Squeak! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SO Frustrated with Brake Squeak! Please help!

I am so tired of the infamous TL brake squeak I am ready to trade the car in. Done the bedding in procedure, several times. That works for a day or so. Put new pads on, it was quiet for a month or so. Now, putting new pads and rotors on and will re-bed them and better not hear a effing peep out of them afterwards. The rotors that are on there are the original ones as far as I know so to be sure I am starting with good materials, I am going replace them to eliminate them as the potential issue causing the squeak. I have the pads picked out that I want, the AZ Duralast Gold Cmax, but what rotors do I pair with these on the front and on the back that will result in a QUIET braking experience? Thanks.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Did you CRC the shims? Also make sure none of your caliper bolts have stripped threads and are torqued to spec.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
When you replaced your pads did you lube the back of the pad with brake disc lube\grease? I never use the grease\lube provided by the pad manufacture since I feel it is not enough. I am pretty generous when applying. I layer the whole back of the pad plus in between the pad and shim shim. I use the permatex cermamic extreme lube. Any brake lube should do, but be sure to coat the back of the pad well.

http://www.permatex.com/products/Aut..._Lubricant.htm

When you replace your rotors make sure the hub face is smooth. Use sandpaper and remove as much of the surface rust as. I think I usually use a med-fine grit sand paper for this.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:02 PM
eg5
user title goes here

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
seen some of those duralast gold pads squeel their arse off and ive also seen those pads score wear the rotor differently.
how different you ask, well the best i can describe it is scoring of the rotor. they tend to build scars that really dont cause any major braking vibration.well atleast they didnt when i drove the car with said pads, then again pads were about 300miles or so.