BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
i'm still here.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
i'm still here.

I can never figure out why people get so bent out of shape on here. Everyone has arguments for and against products. I guess I'm not passionate enough about my car.

Last edited by RaviNJCLs; 01-03-2013 at 12:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TLDude876 (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by Guiltyox
No, but calling someone "uninformed" unnecessarily is. Uninformed by whom? Your personal resources? I'm done with this conversation.

/unsubscribed
Sigh....

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/uninformed:

not informed about or aware of something

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/uninformed:

Not having, showing, or making use of information; not informed
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 PM
BANNED

^you sir, are the master of google search inquiries.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Race Director

Not really, just applying the most appropriate term to the given situation. "Misinformed" would have fit as well...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:01 PM
BANNED

^why do you have your settings set to "appear offline", even though you're online?

what are you hiding from, brah?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:54 PM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
remembering back to yesterday. I had the car up on the jack and jack stands while i was under it for a while. Up and down 3 or 4 times. Maybe, just maybe...the cold weather combined with the tilting of the car caused the dash to bend?? I did, and always do, let the car down slowly though...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by nfnsquared
Sigh....

http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/uninformed:

not informed about or aware of something

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/uninformed:

Not having, showing, or making use of information; not informed
You're hostile, or you come off as being hostile. Point in case: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/2007-tls-when-change-plugs-876879/

I'm not bent out of shape, I just don't like you and didn't feel like having you shove your beliefs/google searches down my throat anymore.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Race Director

If you don't like being asked where you got your information from, then you probably are way too sensitive to be participating in an internet discussion...

To me, it's pretty simple. You made a statement which you can't back up. Someone called you on it. Now you're pissed, I think more at the fact that you got "caught in the act", not in the manner in which you were called on it....

Of course, if you'd like to re-engage the discussion and enlighten us to how "ArmourAll is KNOWN to dry out/crack porous surfaces", I'm all ears...

Last edited by nfnsquared; 01-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:10 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
well, this escalated quickly

Attached Thumbnails So it finally happened to me-escalator.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 PM
BANNED

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs

I can never figure out why people get so bent out of shape on here. Everyone has arguments for and against products. I guess I'm not passionate enough about my car.
i just like pushing peoples buttons.

i couldn't care less if some detailing spray cracks dashes or not.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Pro

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts
The TL dash is a defective piece of shit! End of story.

I've had 3 other Acuras before my TL and have used various cleaning/protecting products without any issues, and I live in an area with varying temperatures that go from -4F in the winter to 95F in the summer and never had any issues with the dash on my previous cars.

For the moment I have no cracks in the dash on my TL but I am starting to see that little dent where the airbag is located. I don't believe the dash issues have anything to do with cleaning products I used or varying temperatures. I just think that Acura just built a defective dash for the TL and some will be luckier than others when it comes to issues with the cracks. Many people who have had dash issues used all kinds of preventive measures to avoid the problem (303 protectant, armor-all protectant, sunshades, blah blah blah, etc...) and the end result was the same. I've never heard of dash issues with the other Acura cars of that same period (please correct me if I'm wrong), only the TL. If my dash cracks, I'll buy a dash cover and call it a day, but I'm hoping to be one of the luckier ones.

My
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by libert69
remembering back to yesterday. I had the car up on the jack and jack stands while i was under it for a while. Up and down 3 or 4 times. Maybe, just maybe...the cold weather combined with the tilting of the car caused the dash to bend?? I did, and always do, let the car down slowly though...
Certainly plausible...

Just curious, do you have the stock tower strut bar?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by M.I.N.O.
The TL dash is a defective piece of shit! End of story.

I've had 3 other Acuras before my TL and have used various cleaning/protecting products without any issues, and I live in an area with varying temperatures that go from -4F in the winter to 95F in the summer and never had any issues with the dash on my previous cars.

For the moment I have no cracks in the dash on my TL but I am starting to see that little dent where the airbag is located. I don't believe the dash issues have anything to do with cleaning products I used or varying temperatures. I just think that Acura just built a defective dash for the TL and some will be luckier than others when it comes to issues with the cracks. Many people who have had dash issues used all kinds of preventive measures to avoid the problem (303 protectant, armor-all protectant, sunshades, blah blah blah, etc...) and the end result was the same. I've never heard of dash issues with the other Acura cars of that same period (please correct me if I'm wrong), only the TL. If my dash cracks, I'll buy a dash cover and call it a day, but I'm hoping to be one of the luckier ones.

My
This. I've used Armor-all on my previous 2G TL for the 6+ years I've had it, the interior is still in excellent condition and I live in an area that ranges from about 25*F to 115*F. The 3G TL dash cracks are just defects, my theory is that they stretched the vinyl too tight during manufacturing leaving no room for the inevitable flex with temperature changes after some aging and drying out.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Racer

If you don't like being asked where you got your information from, then you probably are way too sensitive to be participating in an internet discussion...

To me, it's pretty simple. You made a statement which you can't back up. Someone called you on it. Now you're pissed, I think more at the fact that you got "caught in the act", not in the manner in which you were called on it....

Of course, if you'd like to re-engage the discussion and enlighten us to how "ArmourAll is KNOWN to dry out/crack porous surfaces", I'm all ears...
Please tell me you're not a grown man, because you certainly don't act like an adult, :-D.

Maybe you can Google search or use Merriam-Webster to define a solution to be less of a pretentious arse and focus on that rather than try to squeeze me for information I've long since forgotten to care about.

If I provided you with any written material, you'd detest the hell out of it with some other hostile response, so what would be the point? You're a flaming keyboard warrior and honestly need get off your soapbox, hot shot!

P.s.- all of the accounts of this debatable topic come from the opinions of others. You haven't called anyone out, but merely posted someones opinion you leaned towards yours, A+! Furthermore, if I was wrong on factual evidence, then I'd willingly admit so, which I've publicly done in the past. I'm just wasting my effort in typing these silly rebuttals now....

Last edited by Guiltyox; 01-03-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Race Director

^^^^Welp, guess that settles that Thanks for confirming what I already knew...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Racer

^^^^Welp, guess that settles that Thanks for confirming what I already knew...
That you're a worthless asshat? Glad I could point out the obvious! Have a nice life buddy!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Race Director

Wow... just wow...
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 PM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Certainly plausible...

Just curious, do you have the stock tower strut bar?
rv6 bar
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 374 Likes on 207 Posts
I forgot how much I LOVE car forums.

It's the only place where it one were to apply the same justifications at a place of employment, they'd be readily reamed on the spot by their peers/superior, yet insist on digging in their heels all the while. For instance,

BOSS: Jones, the diapers are splitting at the surface after the production line!
JONES: It's the surface coating we applied
BOSS: It's happening at all of the other plants
JONES: Boss, I'm tellin' ya
BOSS: Do you have any proof of this? QA proved there's nothing that could do it
JONES: BUT BOSS, IT'S WELL KNOWN.
BOSS:...
JONES: I SWEAR IT. I HAVE NO WAY TO PROVE THIS.

OP, sorry to hear of the news. That sucks.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 01-07-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by DeathMetal

It's the only place where it one were to apply the same justifications at a place of employment, they'd be readily reamed on the spot by their peers/superior, yet insist on digging in their heels all the while. For instance,

BOSS: Jones, the diapers are splitting at the surface after the production line!

You left out a line:

JONES: Boss, you're an asshat!

x2

Last edited by nfnsquared; 01-03-2013 at 10:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DeathMetal (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Engineer in Training

Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by DeathMetal

Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Fearless DIY Guy

Received 374 Likes on 207 Posts
JONES: Boss, you're an asshat!
BOSS: Jones, you're a grown man, fucking up a diaper, and you can't even tell me how you did it.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:43 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts

Bert, I would just get the Dash cover before the crack grows any bigger...
Old 01-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out of curiosity, doesn't the dash cover block the sound from the center speaker and tweeters?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Balling in the...

Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by TLFTW
Out of curiosity, doesn't the dash cover block the sound from the center speaker and tweeters?
Exact Reason I haven't Purchaced one yet. The ones I've seen all block these things as well as the Auto on Headlight Sensor. I don't want to buy one of these things to run into other issues after. Can anyone Verify if the sound changes with the cover on as well as does your Auto on Headlights work with this on
Old 01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TLFTW
Originally Posted by Mafyoso
Exact Reason I haven't Purchaced one yet. The ones I've seen all block these things as well as the Auto on Headlight Sensor. I don't want to buy one of these things to run into other issues after. Can anyone Verify if the sound changes with the cover on as well as does your Auto on Headlights work with this on
I thought I was the only one that realized it
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Guiltyox
Please tell me you're not a grown man, because you certainly don't act like an adult, :-D.

Maybe you can Google search or use Merriam-Webster to define a solution to be less of a pretentious arse and focus on that rather than try to squeeze me for information I've long since forgotten to care about.

If I provided you with any written material, you'd detest the hell out of it with some other hostile response, so what would be the point? You're a flaming keyboard warrior and honestly need get off your soapbox, hot shot!

P.s.- all of the accounts of this debatable topic come from the opinions of others. You haven't called anyone out, but merely posted someones opinion you leaned towards yours, A+! Furthermore, if I was wrong on factual evidence, then I'd willingly admit so, which I've publicly done in the past. I'm just wasting my effort in typing these silly rebuttals now....
I see you've met acurazine's ass clown. He is educated by Google with very little real world experience. He follows me around in a desperate and quite pathetic attempt to try and prove me wrong at every opportunity and it looks like when I hand him his ass he comes over here to pick at and degrade people. Yes, he's an adult, he's got one foot in the grave. I've still got him on ignore as I have for the past few years but sometimes it's just too much fun to click on his posts and see what kind of asshattery he's up to.

If you want to prove him wrong it has to come in the form of a poorly written google article or a YouTube video. Personal experience and education/training does not matter in his world. I suggest you put him on ignore because all he's looking for is a piece of the spotlight and just like a 2yr old even bad attention is better than no attention. This dude even screwed up his own valve adjustment and blamed the injectors lol.

What I'm trying to say is don't get worked up over nothing. He will argue long after you've proved him wrong. He has no idea what he's talking about and apparently he has no pride. His purpose is to argue and get a reaction, not to have a real discussion. Once you realize that his posts become funny.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I see you've met acurazine's ass clown....
Going for another ban? Nice. You always stoop to name calling. Nothing new here to see. Pretty clear why BITOG banned you permanently...
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Un-freaking believable......

Really-you guys just don't know when to stop.....

Hey, nfnsquared and I hate cars....do you guys remember this?

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...7#post14226447

Read the last post....MY last post.

And now you've dragged Ox into this too. Honestly, I couldn't decide whether to leave this thread open and watch you guys beat into oblivion or hand out bans because I've warned you BOTH before (see the link provided above).

I'm going to sleep on this-I'll let you guys know later what I decide.

It's a shame you guys don't live next door to each other......THAT-would be funny.