Problems with my TL...The whole list WOW

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 05:27 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Problems with my TL...The whole list WOW

So hi guys...I am in socal and I am experiencing a longg list of problems with my 05 TL...it has about 6400 miles on the Odometer right now and I've already taken it in about 5 times....

So if you guys feel like it read on and just tell me what you think.

-taken in for 4 different types of rattles and different times

1- taken it in twice for shifter area rattle
2- side passenger door rattle
3- rattle from rear of vehicle finally determined to be defective shock absorber

I've also taken in the car three for a steering wheel allignment issue

- The first time they just did an allignment and said I was good to go
- The second time which was an hour after I got it back from the initial allignment, I was told that my tire pressures were off
-The third time which was the next day, I was told that they did a cross rotation and a rigerously different/NON FACTORY allignment which was sure to be fixed. They said that it was tested at 90 mph in the freeway and it was perfect...bare in mind that they had put 70 miles on my car...possibly joy riding.

Also, now I have the following problems with my vehicle and the damn service department always gives me an appointment for 2-3 weeks later...BECAUSE ITS A FACTORY WARRANTY ISSUE, and they dont make commission on it...Whatever, Ill go with their damn bureucracy as long as they fix my car...

So here are the current issues:

1- Steering Wheel again pulls to the left at 65+ mph...
2- Loud squeeking noise from underneath vehicle (possibly another shock)
3- Driver side front vent rattles IMMENSELY LOUD (cannot fix myself)
4- Driver side mirror is very squeeky
5- Passender seat is rattling in the freeway (read post on this issue)
6- Subwoofer rattle
7- Passenger door window is VERY noisy and rattles when down (driver side doesnt)
8- both front windows are squeeky when you roll them down

Thats all I can think of for now. Anyway so I made this appointment with my dealer and they were supposed to fix it tomorrow, BUT, they say that they may need to hold on to it for 2-3 days and they CANT give me a loaner vehicle...Either way this particular dealer does not give loaners to you if you are under the age of 25. Usually they would give me complementary enterprise rent-a-cars but now, they say they cant even do that. So i called Acura Corporate and they gave me a stupid reference number and they said they will try to take care of the issue...

I dont know, but I am getting sick and tired of driving a rattle infested vehicle that is giving me all these troubles after just 6400 miles....

You guys think I should lemon it and look for something else? Or perhaps the 2006's have more of the glithces worked out?

ANY ADVICE would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:27 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If the age is accurate, I'd think the rattles are the least of your worries.. But no, jokes aside, your experience is not the norm, especially in the magnitude/quantity of problems. I'd ask them to ride yours, and then one from the dealer, one after another, as a way of comparison. That way, they will know this isn't "normal" and hopefully they'll actually do something about it.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What is the name of the dealer that is torturing you with bad service? I would keep calling Acura CS until it is resolved to your satisfaction. You might be able to lemon it on the allignment issue
Old 10-18-2005, 01:01 AM
Advanced

Keyes Acura in Van Nuys...So Cal....

Some of my friends say they are just treating me bad bc. I am pestering the so much. If the car didn't have a problem I wouldn't even go to the damn dealer.

I dunno...This is going to be resolved tomorrow morning at 9 am...

if not.

Im Lemoning this...
Old 10-18-2005, 10:15 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man you went to the wrong dealership. Here's an old thread about them:
https://acurazine.com/forums/technology-16/blackberry-122721/

If you had gone to their website first, that should've given you a clue that they're really bad.

Go somewhere else.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Abbass Hassani
Either way this particular dealer does not give loaners to you if you are under the age of 25. Usually they would give me complementary enterprise rent-a-cars but now, they say they cant even do that. So i called Acura Corporate and they gave me a stupid reference number and they said they will try to take care of the issue...

I dont know, but I am getting sick and tired of driving a rattle infested vehicle that is giving me all these troubles after just 6400 miles....

You guys think I should lemon it and look for something else? Or perhaps the 2006's have more of the glithces worked out?

ANY ADVICE would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Yeah they don't give you a loaner if you're under the age of 25 AND over the age of 82. Come on dude. Come clean with you age or just don't list anything at all. 83, give me a freakin' break!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:47 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 10-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Ride the car with the service manager/write-up guy and make him note down all the rattles you are talking about....also ride with him again after they have "supposedly" fixed the problem...why are you picking up the car (in case of the alignment) if you are not sure if the issue has been fixed..

just tell them the issue has not been resolved so call me up again when it is fixed...(nicely of course)
Old 10-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by hcekc
Yeah they don't give you a loaner if you're under the age of 25 AND over the age of 82. Come on dude. Come clean with you age or just don't list anything at all. 83, give me a freakin' break!
How is that anyway related to the post...his/her issues with the car has nothing to do with his age...I dont think it is a requirement on the board to disclose or even truly disclose an individuals age?

I just dont see how you are trying to help him with his issues with asking him to come clean of his age.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Advanced

My appologies...for our more curious readers out there I am 22...83 is the birth year

Didn't think I would get a hard time for that part

Anyhow, so I took it to the dealer, and I sat down with a tech and we went for a test drive so that I show him all the rattles, and the wheel alignment issue.

Apparently he was a bit hard of hearing and dismissed some very loud high pitched noises coming from underneath the car, saying that its normal for a car to make noises...etc. etc.

So ye, I nicely told him that nobody elses car makes these noises, and I would like it fixed. I then went on the freeway where I showed him the insane tendency to drift ot the left. He again, tried to explain saying tha tall cars drift and that 3-4 seconds to change lanes is NORMAL....I can't believe it...the car was practically going in the wall after 3 seconds...

I got a 06 Jetta rental after I dropped this car off and I drove it on the same freeway lanes, and it would go PERFECTLY straight...This is deftinately unacceptable.

In terms of th rattles, he just gave me some mumbo jumbo about new cars being made of plasstic and expansion etc. under different temperatures causes these issues...I aggreed with him, however again I noted that other vehicles are not RATTLE BUCKETS like this one, and if possible I would like him to fix it.

Ill let you guys know how it turns out, but I definately DON'T want to drive a car that I have to countersteer in the freeway to make it go straight.

I love the TL...its the most bang for your buck in EVERY way you can think. If only it wasnt made in ohio, or if our lazy american workers would put some pride into their work...

Cheers
Old 10-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Instructor

scrb09 wrote:

How is that anyway related to the post...his/her issues with the car has nothing to do with his age...I dont think it is a requirement on the board to disclose or even truly disclose an individuals age?

I just dont see how you are trying to help him with his issues with asking him to come clean of his age.

Hey he's the one who brought up the age issue first. Just confused that they wouldn't give a loaner to an 83 year old. I thought I was talking to grandpa and not someone who could be my son. That's all. Peace man!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:52 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

If I didn't already know what dealer you were taking it to, I'd swear it was Nalley Acura based on them telling you everything is normal.

Try the alignment again. After 3 unsuccessful attempts, lemon law that bitch.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
If I didn't already know what dealer you were taking it to, I'd swear it was Nalley Acura based on them telling you everything is normal.

Try the alignment again. After 3 unsuccessful attempts, lemon law that bitch.
You must be laughing at the Keyes Keyes Keyes song???
Old 10-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Advanced

So check this...I got the car back today...8 days later....and they fixed the vent, by adding felt tape all around it, but the loud squeeky noise underneath my car has NOT been fixed and the drifting to the left on the freeway which the Technician TOTALLY reproduced when I was sitting in the car with him has been labeled an ACURA TL DESIGN CHARACTERISTIC....

I cant believe all this crap I have to put up with.

The technician clearly saw that the car was changing lanes within 3-5 seconds depending on what lane he was in. THIS IS NORMAL?!?!?!

My asss it is...

Im lemoning this son of a bitch and I dunno what Im going to do after...I love it to death, but its just not working...

U guys think I should take an offer for a replacement vehicle?

Lemme know.

Oh and I have tiny scratch on my rear bumper...I wonder if I should get that fixed before going through all this mumbo jumbo with corporate. They might be assholes and deduct a shit load for it?

Hope to get your feedback....

Thanks
Old 10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Originally Posted by hcekc
You must be laughing at the Keyes Keyes Keyes song???

Yes.. how lame that is. It's right up there with Team Toyota in terms of the jingle. "You gotta know it, Team Toyota, Team Toyota... your Toyota store!"

I hate those, but I guess if you remember them - they work!
Old 10-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Abbass Hassani
So check this...I got the car back today...8 days later....and they fixed the vent, by adding felt tape all around it, but the loud squeeky noise underneath my car has NOT been fixed and the drifting to the left on the freeway which the Technician TOTALLY reproduced when I was sitting in the car with him has been labeled an ACURA TL DESIGN CHARACTERISTIC....

I cant believe all this crap I have to put up with.

The technician clearly saw that the car was changing lanes within 3-5 seconds depending on what lane he was in. THIS IS NORMAL?!?!?!

My asss it is...

Im lemoning this son of a bitch and I dunno what Im going to do after...I love it to death, but its just not working...

U guys think I should take an offer for a replacement vehicle?

Lemme know.

Oh and I have tiny scratch on my rear bumper...I wonder if I should get that fixed before going through all this mumbo jumbo with corporate. They might be assholes and deduct a shit load for it?

Hope to get your feedback....

Thanks
File a case with ACS and request that either the District REP of Acura in your area or the Service manager of the dealership drive the car or sit in the car with you for a test ride...I am pretty sure they should be a lot more helpful then some dumbass technician...

Also if that does not happen file a BBB complaint (wont take you more then 10 minutes) and remember to put in the case # that ACS gives you in the complaint with BBB...watch ACS call you back the next business day (alteast thats how it happened in my case)
Old 10-26-2005, 06:20 AM
HMFIC

I doubt this will be a popular suggestion, but here goes...Take your car to an independant mechanic you trust and have them align it. Have them see if they can find the rattles. If the problems are that bad, a few of your own bucks are worth it to get that monkey off your back.

I know you should not have to do this; however, dealer "technicians" suck. They are not mechanics. They are part changers. The reason they don't want to fix your rattle is there is not flat rate to fix a rattle.

Drifting to the side is unsafe, don't drive an unsafe car. You have verification from the dealer that the car drifts. Take the car to an independant mechanic and have it fixed. Submit your paperwork to Acura and see if they will reimburse you, you never know, it may happen.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by KilroyR1
I doubt this will be a popular suggestion, but here goes...Take your car to an independant mechanic you trust and have them align it. Have them see if they can find the rattles. If the problems are that bad, a few of your own bucks are worth it to get that monkey off your back.

I know you should not have to do this; however, dealer "technicians" suck. They are not mechanics. They are part changers. The reason they don't want to fix your rattle is there is not flat rate to fix a rattle.

Drifting to the side is unsafe, don't drive an unsafe car. You have verification from the dealer that the car drifts. Take the car to an independant mechanic and have it fixed. Submit your paperwork to Acura and see if they will reimburse you, you never know, it may happen.
Gave me an idea...take it to a reputed Tire shop and say if drifts and let them test drive and if they recommend Alignment...they will put it on the paperwork they give you ...take it to the dealer and say that looks it just not me...another mechanic drove it and he agrees that the car is drifting...