Power Mirrors - Odd behavior

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Power Mirrors - Odd behavior

When I first start the car in the morning, if the L - R switch for the mirrors is in either the L or R position, the corresponding mirror will move down when I put the car in reverse. If I put the car back into park, the mirror will move back up to its correct memory position. I can drive for a while and be stopped at a light and the same thing will happen. Also, if I move the L - R switch to its center position, the mirror will move back to its memory position as well. Its rather odd to me, so I thought I would post something here before I take it to the stealership for "service"

Thanks!

-t

(edit) its an 06 TL
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I think i understand what you are saying, but I dont see where the problem is? All seems normal based on what you wrote. What is it doing that you DONT think is normal, and what do you think it should be doing? The mirrors will turn down if in the L or R position when in reverse. They wont when the switch us centered, but will if at the L or R position. Its to help see the ground and whats around the wheels when backing up, i love this feature but which you could get both mirrors to move at the same time.

Last edited by blkaspec; 03-08-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blkaspec
I think i understand what you are saying, but I dont see where the problem is? All seems normal based on what you wrote. What is it doing that you DONT think is normal, and what do you think it should be doing? The mirrors will turn down if in the L or R position when in reverse. They wont when the switch us centered, but will if at the L or R position. Its to help see the ground and whats around the wheels when backing up, i love this feature but which you could get both mirrors to move at the same time.
I didn't know if it was "working as intended" or if my car was possessed. Thanks for the reply!

-t
Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Haha, no problem. From what you wrote all seems to be good. I usually center mine so i dont unnecessarily use the motors, but its a great feature for sure. They should only move to the down position when in reverse, and then in anything other than reverse they should go back to their home position. If they are doing something other than that you may have an issue, but you are probably fine.