Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Acura's All Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help!!!

Okay guys I just bought a 2006 Acura TL A-Spec w 120,000 miles about 2 weeks ago. Drive to work this morning the vehicle was fine as it has been the past 2 weeks, leave for lunch around 12 and notice as I am walking to the car that it isnt responding to me pressing the unlock button "okay I told myself the battery in the fob is dead" so I used the key, as I got into the car and crunk it, the blue lights in the instrument panel didnt illuminate as quickly as they normally do "hmmm" I then attempt to turn my wipers on "as it is raining outside" they dont work, aftering fooling with them a sec they worked but only in high, I then cut the rear defroster on, it didnt work... As Im pulling out of the parking lot, the turn signals didnt work "the hazards would" and I noticed also the security light on the door was flashing, upon cutting the lights on I messed with them and noticed the Bright's nor the Fog's would work either. So I return to work shortly after, lock the car using the key as it wouldnt respond to the remote, about 30 mins later the security officer came to my desk telling me my alarm was going off, I then went outside to inspect the car and upon cranking it, then noticed everything that wasnt working as listed above was now working but... The message center kept saying the rear passenger door was open, after inspecting it several times it was not open but the car refused lol to say that it was closed. I give up.... Nearly 5 hours later I go outside to leave work the remote worked "would only unlock/will not lock" as I crank the car the rear driver window rolls it self down by itself, I hit the button on the drivers door several times and to no prevail it wouldnt work, on a limb I decided to use the botton on the actualy door, it worked "yay" got the window up and got home... Oh and throughout this all the car seems to be idling lower than normal and doesnt have as much power. Its going to the shop tomorrow, but I need a heads up on whats wrong with it. Thanks guys in advance, I know its a lot to read but Im very detailed.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Call in the Ghostbusters!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:30 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Holy cow, I think that might be a world-record run on sentence .... oohhhh, nope. I see a period in there near the middle.

Search or Google "MICU". There is a multi-plex control unit of some sort in (I think) the driver kick panel. Also check fuse boxes/relay boxes to make sure they are clean, dry and everything seated properly - particularly the underhood box.
The following users liked this post:
BadassAcuraCl (12-22-2011)
Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Acura's All Day

I just took it to my local mechanic and after about 40 mins of going through the car they suspect that its the MICU, but are not certain they are gonna keep it and go through it more thoroughly throughout the remainder of the week and next week. Currently the car keeps putting the window down as you crank it and keep saying the door is open, the suspect that the MICU is the culpret to all the problems that I have experienced but stated they wouldnt know for certain until they pull it out and run the proper tests. Cross you fingers!! Thanks guys.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BadassAcuraCl
I just took it to my local mechanic and after about 40 mins of going through the car they suspect that its the MICU, but are not certain they are gonna keep it and go through it more thoroughly throughout the remainder of the week and next week. Currently the car keeps putting the window down as you crank it and keep saying the door is open, the suspect that the MICU is the culpret to all the problems that I have experienced but stated they wouldnt know for certain until they pull it out and run the proper tests. Cross you fingers!! Thanks guys.
Holy Shitzz Batman. The Transformers are here!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:49 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
GL. Hope it's not too bad. I think that MICU is a pretty expensive peice of kit.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Acura's All Day

So the good/bad news is... The MICU is indeed fried so that weeds the problem down lol, the bad news is my mechanic said that it's possible that, that may not fix every problem. It's costing me $467 dollars, which is a bargain compared to what the dealer would charge! But fingers crossed, this fixes every issue I'm having, I can't afford more lol. My biggest concern is, what caused it and what do I need to do to prevent it?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Make sure it did not get wet or it may happen again the next time it rains.