Part Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Part Question

I currently have a really loud, springy kind of rattle in my steering column close to the airbag. The dealer I went to told me they knew what it was because it can be replicated by hitting the steering rim. They ordered this part ( number 35251-sea-j01) and all I can find online is it is an assembly for about $200. Does anyone know if there is a blowout picture that shows this thing? I have no idea what it is
Old 10-31-2005, 07:37 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by jwclements1
I currently have a really loud, springy kind of rattle in my steering column close to the airbag. The dealer I went to told me they knew what it was because it can be replicated by hitting the steering rim. They ordered this part ( number 35251-sea-j01) and all I can find online is it is an assembly for about $200. Does anyone know if there is a blowout picture that shows this thing? I have no idea what it is
Same rattle here. Demonstrated it to my dealer the same what. Bump the wheel from the bottom. They said they would have to "tear apart the steering column/wheel to get to it" Since I was only in for an oil change I didn't have time for them to do it. I havn't rescheduled yet but the rattle is worse in the cold weather as I thoutht it would be.

If anyone has a blowup or exploded view I'd love to see it too. The dealer had no problem doing it under warrantee but I'd like to know what might help them since the tech there was really nice to me and took a lot of time in the car with me.

Check out post #18 in https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...steering+wheel.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:58 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by jwclements1
Same rattle here. Demonstrated it to my dealer the same way...bump the wheel from the bottom. They said they would have to "tear apart the steering column/wheel to get to it" Since I was only in for an oil change I didn't have time for them to do it. I haven't rescheduled yet but the rattle is worse in the cold weather as I thought it would be.

If anyone has a blowup or exploded view I'd love to see it too. The dealer had no problem doing it under warrantee but I'd like to know what might help them since the tech there was really nice to me and took a lot of time in the car with me. He even walked over to the Acura knowledge base program and and let me search it with him.

Check out post #18 in https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...steering+wheel. He says "Steering wheel rattle. Fixed with new airbag cable reel."

Also post #12 here https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117079 "Replace drivers airbag cable reel and steering column cover"

From other posts I've read, you don't really want to mess with the steering wheel/column if you can get it done under warranty. The cable reel is a pain in the ass if you mess it up and the column covers are easy to snap the tabs off of. Hopefully you are in warranty.